The Liberty Amendments

Good morning and what a wonderful day to discuss restoring our great Union to the Constitutional Republic it was meant to be! :)

If anyone hasn't done so- please read the book and give everything the author has written about, serious thought. If you disagree with Mr. Levin, that's fine.. post it and logically state why and also offer your own idea on how to reign in this runaway corrupt tyrannical government peacefully.. Thanks!

Last edited:
Where are all the big mouthed liberals and French republicans? Here's your chance to read this damn chapter and actually give the book the respect it deserves.. For you Zombies we all know you morons can't read much less discern anything so you're excused from the conversation. Dr. Seuss section in the Flame Zone for you DemoRactists.

So how are those liberty amendments coming along in the halls of congress?

:eusa_shifty:

Again you show your ignorance.... Go find out what the book is about then post.

Is that right, Cork? Did you read the book? Of course you didn't.

Here is the books synopsis:

MARK R. LEVIN HAS MADE THE CASE, IN NUMEROUS NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING BOOKS—MEN IN BLACK, LIBERTY AND TYRANNY, AND AMERITOPIA—THAT THE PRINCIPLES UNDERGIRDING OUR SOCIETY AND GOVERNMENTAL SYSTEM ARE UNRAVELING. IN THE LIBERTY AMENDMENTS, HE TURNS TO THE FOUNDING FATHERS AND THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF FOR GUIDANCE IN RESTORING THE AMERICAN REPUBLIC.

For a century, the Statists have steadfastly constructed a federal Leviathan, distorting and evading our constitutional system in pursuit of an all-powerful, ubiquitous central government. The result is an ongoing and growing assault on individual liberty, state sovereignty, and the social compact. Levin argues that if we cherish our American heritage, it is time to embrace a constitutional revival.

The delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia and the delegates to each state’s ratification convention foresaw a time when—despite their best efforts to forestall it—the Federal government might breach the Constitution’s limits and begin oppressing the people. Agencies such as the IRS and EPA and programs such as Obamacare demonstrate that the Framers’ fear was prescient. Therefore, the Framers provided two methods for amending the Constitution. The second was intended for our current circumstances—empowering the states to bypass Congress and call a convention for the purpose of amending the Constitution. Levin argues that we, the people, can avoid a perilous outcome by seeking recourse, using the method called for in the Constitution itself.

The Framers adopted ten constitutional amendments, called the Bill of Rights, that would preserve individual rights and state authority. Levin lays forth eleven specific prescriptions for restoring our founding principles, ones that are consistent with the Framers’ design. His proposals—such as term limits for members of Congress and Supreme Court justices and limits on federal taxing and spending—are pure common sense, ideas shared by many. They draw on the wisdom of the Founding Fathers—including James Madison, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, and numerous lesser-known but crucially important men—in their content and in the method for applying them to the current state of the nation.

Now is the time for the American people to take the first step toward reclaiming what belongs to them. The task is daunting, but it is imperative if we are to be truly free.

my bad. I'll rephrase. How are the liberty amendments going with that congressional bypass constitutional convention of the states? :eusa_shifty:

I've read lots of books like this before. Mark appreciates your time discussing his wonderful money making scheme. It is a brilliant one. And it is a fun fantasy to discuss something that will never come to fruition. It's like unicorns and rainbows with pots of gold at the end.

Incredibly shallow, lazy, and asinine response from a so called Libertarian. Not very impressive either, to say the least.. He copies and pastes a two paragraph thesis sentence regarding the US Constitution and a book which took years to research, documented by historical relevance , etc.. Well done.. you sound like a Zombie. Congrats. You can bow out of this discussion being all you have are insults without ever having read a page.. Very disappointing but whatever..

Incredibly shallow, lazy, and asinine response from a so called Libertarian. Not very impressive either, to say the least.. He copies and pastes a two paragraph thesis sentence regarding the US Constitution and a book which took years to research, documented by historical relevance , etc.. Well done.. you sound like a Zombie. Congrats. You can bow out of this discussion being all you have are insults without ever having read a page.. Very disappointing but whatever..
He cant help it he is a liberal saying he is libertarian.... He doesn't understand how ignorant he is.

I dont need to read a page. None of those suggestions will come to fruition. I am sure it is an inspiring and lovely read and Mark is certainly thankful for the attention. I'll keep my eyes peeled and my ears perked for that constitutional convention. :eusa_shifty:

No need to get all uppity about it. Enjoy. Revel in the fantasy, Lady. It's fun. I used to do it too.

I dont need to read a page. None of those suggestions will come to fruition. I am sure it is an inspiring and lovely read and Mark is certainly thankful for the attention. I'll keep my eyes peeled and my ears perked for that constitutional convention. :eusa_shifty:

No need to get all uppity about it. Enjoy. Revel in the fantasy, Lady. It's fun. I used to do it too.

While I don't necessarily see eye to eye with Levin on all his amendments he is at least proposing a plan to try to fix the nation. It may not work. It may never happen. But what's your plan to fix our nations problems?

While I don't necessarily see eye to eye with Levin on all his amendments he is at least proposing a plan to try to fix the nation. It may not work. It may never happen. But what's your plan to fix our nations problems?

I dont need a plan. I'm not selling books. As for a "fix" to the nations problems, there will be no fix. There will be no rollback to greener pastures or golden times. That isn't how it works. Never has, never will.

Lady, they will say you are just spewing nonsense from angry old white men. Since FDR and New Dealism, things have completely changed. He was the original 'radical transformationalist' and aside from a few brief moments (8 years under Reagan in my lifetime) the Progressives have ruled the roost. Chipping away at Constitutional Republicanism, separating us from our liberty and freedom, and destroying our free market, free enterprise system in the process.

You're right because I've heard that actual line of crap oozed from some libs. We have strayed so far away from our original Union that it's nearly impossible to make an argument otherwise. What I can't understand is why this book and it's real premise not being constantly spoken about, debated.. discussed here? Have even we, who consider ourselves politically in tune become lazy in defending liberty that a few words on a forum makes us believe we've actually done something?

What this is serving to do, is reveal the true patriots and constitutional freedom fighters and expose the progressive rats hiding out as "libertarians" and faux conservatives. Most of the people here are ideologues, and most of them actually LIKE Big Government, because they see it as a means to advance their ideological agenda.

I said the moment I heard Levin speak of this, "let the fear mongering begin!" but I didn't expect the charge to be led by so-called libertarians and moderate conservatives. These people have revealed their true colors, as far as I'm concerned, and should now be marginalized for the frauds they are.

I guess levin had an epiphany of sorts? After all he did support the big government programs like the PA, he supported santorum (all one has to do is check him out "on the issues"), and I think that he's complaining about obama's alleged defunding of Medicare, which is a big government program.

So how are those liberty amendments coming along in the halls of congress?

:eusa_shifty:

Good question! :) What happened to the limited government, low spending, "liberty amendments", civil liberties (Bill of Rights) when they had a majority in BOTH Houses and a sitting President?
When they had the aforementioned (people that levin, hannity, limbaugh and their followers supported), did government get smaller or larger? How about spending? How about intrusions into our rights under the Bill of Rights and the Constitution? How about Medicare and Social Security privatization? The fairtax or even any aspect of it?

You're right because I've heard that actual line of crap oozed from some libs. We have strayed so far away from our original Union that it's nearly impossible to make an argument otherwise. What I can't understand is why this book and it's real premise not being constantly spoken about, debated.. discussed here? Have even we, who consider ourselves politically in tune become lazy in defending liberty that a few words on a forum makes us believe we've actually done something?

What this is serving to do, is reveal the true patriots and constitutional freedom fighters and expose the progressive rats hiding out as "libertarians" and faux conservatives. Most of the people here are ideologues, and most of them actually LIKE Big Government, because they see it as a means to advance their ideological agenda.

I said the moment I heard Levin speak of this, "let the fear mongering begin!" but I didn't expect the charge to be led by so-called libertarians and moderate conservatives. These people have revealed their true colors, as far as I'm concerned, and should now be marginalized for the frauds they are.

I guess levin had an epiphany of sorts? After all he did support the big government programs like the PA, he supported santorum (all one has to do is check him out "on the issues"), and I think that he's complaining about obama's alleged defunding of Medicare, which is a big government program.

Mark Levin, Lawyer, Author, Host of Syndicated Radio Show
“While empowering the terrorist with new rights, thereby increasing the threat against Americans, the Statist claims violations of Americans‟ civil liberties with the passage of the post-9/11 PATRIOT Act.” 3/24/2009
“The Statist has also opposed the interception of enemy communications, such as email and cell-phone contacts, without approval from a court. But his position is contrary to all legal precedent, historical practice and highly impractical, given the speed by which such communications occur. Yet again he claims the practice threatens Americans‟ civil liberties. Where is the actual evidence of widespread civil liberties abuses against American citizens? It is nonexistent.” 3/24/2009
U.

I guess he did have an epipheny. Or maybe he's just a talkshow host who writes book and makes money on them.

The first step is that I would push for multiple parties besides just the dems and reps to be added to all of the debates for office. I think that alternative parties should try to garner votes from both the part of America that votes and reach out to the other part of America that does not vote.

I think that people from many different ideologies should join together to protect Our basic rights and freedoms aka Civil Liberties and our protections under the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. Those people should pressure the politicians from their own parties to vote for the aforementioned and vote to repeal the things that infringe upon Our Civil Liberties and our protections under the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

I am willing to bet that there are plenty of things I that I agree with the people this very thread. :)

Mark Levin, Lawyer, Author, Host of Syndicated Radio Show
“While empowering the terrorist with new rights, thereby increasing the threat against Americans, the Statist claims violations of Americans‟ civil liberties with the passage of the post-9/11 PATRIOT Act.” 3/24/2009
“The Statist has also opposed the interception of enemy communications, such as email and cell-phone contacts, without approval from a court. But his position is contrary to all legal precedent, historical practice and highly impractical, given the speed by which such communications occur. Yet again he claims the practice threatens Americans‟ civil liberties. Where is the actual evidence of widespread civil liberties abuses against American citizens? It is nonexistent.” 3/24/2009
U.

I guess he did have an epipheny. Or maybe he's just a talkshow host who writes book and makes money on them.

Yep!

I'm sure the Founder's heard the same ridicule and mockery when they suggested (The colonies and Colonists) breaking from British rule.. Had they succumbed to petty keyboard commando's (In their time just generalized lazy big mouths) we wouldn't be here discussing the Liberty Amendments to begin with.. We're all still waiting for your book or your fix to the corruption that pervades our nation now in the highest levels of government? Being you can sit on your ass and shoot stink eggs of "profound review" without ever having read a word you can damn sure use your brain to come up with something?? No??? You're excused also.. The leftist section is far to your kook left. See ya.

Last edited:
We see the pattern emerging here. Instead of intelligently discussing the proposed amendments and what they would mean for America, we have to endure the typical pablum from lefties posing as libertarians, who can only resort to attacking Mark Levin. This is what they do. They aren't interested in a debate or discussion, they want to appeal to the lowest common denominator, to the dummies of society, who sit around waiting to hear what they are supposed to think. So they think the best way to derail this train, is to attack Levin, make him out to be a hypocrite, pretend that he is a wacko, go after him personally. Forget the proposal, forget the real substance of the debate, turn it into an episode of the Kardashians, and go for the jugular.

Those of you who honestly have libertarian views and values, NOW is the time for you to stand up and marginalize these liberals who have infiltrated your ranks, and threaten to destroy libertarianism the same way they destroyed the Democrat party. Shut these punks up! Hoot them off your stage! They offer absolutely NOTHING of substance, they never will. All they serve to do, is ridicule all that isn't liberal.

Forum List

Back