The Liberty Amendments

How many have watched the Hannity segment, the entire thing with Mark Levin discussing the book and the intent?

For the naysayers- As Mark asks in the beginning - "If you have a better idea on how to reign in his runaway corrupt government, let's hear it?" I see nothing but personal insults hurled at Mr. Levin and arguments based upon a phantom knowledge of something you've yet to even read. How sad that some Conservatives have joined in on the Progressive 3-ring circus.. It's nothing more than a circus sideshow of Freaks.

For the naysayers- As Mark asks in the beginning - "If you have a better idea on how to reign in his runaway corrupt government, let's hear it?" I see nothing but personal insults hurled at Mr. Levin and arguments based upon a phantom knowledge of something you've yet to even read. How sad that some Conservatives have joined in on the Progressive 3-ring circus.. It's nothing more than a circus sideshow of Freaks.

number two is one of the most important amendments

to restore the proper role of the senate

Thomas: Amendments offer constitutional cure for many things that ail us | Lubbock Online | Lubbock Avalanche-Journal

Great article from a middle of the road Conservative but gives his endorsement. People who actually take the time to listen and read the book, although they had once had a completely different perception, come away with a grasp of the inherit need to endorse Federalism.. there is nothing radical about our Founder's original intent.. only in a progressively driven propaganda State is liberty adulterated and blasphemed in order to tear down this Republic. Stop buying in to it.

But after his careful study of Article V and especially the record of the Founding Fathers’ debate on it (George Mason, James Madison et al), he argues we’ve all been missing something critical.

Namely –

Article V was specifically designed to cover the situation we face today — an over-reaching federal government. The Founders knew that such a government, once entrenched, would never vote for amendments that would reduce its own hold on power. So they deliberately included a separate amendment process in Article V that keeps Congress, the president, and the Supreme Court out of the loop.

The time for that Article V process has clearly come, says Levin. It’s been there all along, clearly explained in the historical record, yet we’ve somehow disregarded it.
How would it work? Consider the following simple, hypothetical amendment to the Constitution:

The debt of the United States shall not be increased except by three-fourths majority vote of both the House and Senate, nor may federal expenditures exceed 20 percent of gross domestic product except by three-fourths consent of the several state legislatures.

The merits of this particular amendment and wording aside, if 38 state legislatures were to ratify this amendment, it would be fully effective immediately as a formal amendment to the Constitution. No permission from Congress, the president, or the Supreme Court need be sought, none is required, and there is no appeal. The state legislatures are the ultimate authority — by design. This may come as a shock those who’ve always presumed Washington rules us all.

http://sonoranalliance.com/2013/07/11/mark-levin-constitution-article-v-and-the-liberty-amendments/

But after his careful study of Article V and especially the record of the Founding Fathers’ debate on it (George Mason, James Madison et al), he argues we’ve all been missing something critical.

Namely –

Article V was specifically designed to cover the situation we face today — an over-reaching federal government. The Founders knew that such a government, once entrenched, would never vote for amendments that would reduce its own hold on power. So they deliberately included a separate amendment process in Article V that keeps Congress, the president, and the Supreme Court out of the loop.

The time for that Article V process has clearly come, says Levin. It’s been there all along, clearly explained in the historical record, yet we’ve somehow disregarded it.
How would it work? Consider the following simple, hypothetical amendment to the Constitution:

The debt of the United States shall not be increased except by three-fourths majority vote of both the House and Senate, nor may federal expenditures exceed 20 percent of gross domestic product except by three-fourths consent of the several state legislatures.

The merits of this particular amendment and wording aside, if 38 state legislatures were to ratify this amendment, it would be fully effective immediately as a formal amendment to the Constitution. No permission from Congress, the president, or the Supreme Court need be sought, none is required, and there is no appeal. The state legislatures are the ultimate authority — by design. This may come as a shock those who’ve always presumed Washington rules us all.

http://sonoranalliance.com/2013/07/11/mark-levin-constitution-article-v-and-the-liberty-amendments/

its time

Progressives believed man was not born free, that freedom was not a gift from God but a gift dispensed from the hand of the state. Freedom was redefined as the quest for utopia — or as Levin has termed it, Ameritopia. And in the endless quest for that utopia the social re-engineering of America, the Second American Revolution — the effective nullification of the Constitution — began. - Mark Levin and The American Spectator.

http://spectator.org/archives/2013/08/12/mark-levins-the-liberty-amendm/1

I love the term Levin has coined about today's establishment republicans: "French Republicans," who sit on the sidelines with their thumbs up their butts scared to death to enact conservative principles; policy.

An exercise in constructive liberty. :):):)
Mark is a good man.

Seems more like an exercise in futility.....

It might prove to be.

But it is also at least one suggestion for restoring what we've lost.

The key problem appears to be that it is based on a faith in the collective wisdom of the people and the states (or at least in the majority of the people in a significant majority of the States).

Yet those same people have permitted us to devolve to this low point from which Levin seeks to have us extricate ourselves.

If you buy the premise (that we have permitted the basic Constitutional checks and balances to be weakened or removed and that we are in dire straights, now, because of it), then I'd love to hear some viable and well-thought-out alternatives to Levin's proposals.

If you don't buy the premise, then the solutions are of no significance to you.

But if you agree with the premise, then there is an urgent need for a solution or set of solutions. Levin's proposals MAY not work. In which case we are pretty well screwed. But I am not seeing or hearing any viable alternatives.

I downloaded his book to my Nook. Now all I want is time enough to read it all. Levin is a genius and a great man.

The system is not broken.
We have had many different changes in America.
The people have done it many times in our history.
We can do it again.
The system needs to be restored to the Constitutional Republic that we have.
Progressives have taken over and they will be defeated. It will take a little time but it will happen.
You can see it happening all over in each and every State.
The people are waking up and they are fed up with Political Progressive Tyranny and corruption.
More and more people are educating themselves on the issues and in turn are re-educating those that don't.
Many have read the Constitution. Before 2008, hardly anyone knew the Constitution.

Six States rejected the new education system called Common Core.
The people themselves have gotten 4 more States out of this horrible progressive teaching system.
The people will continue to get even more States to reject it.

Well, i wish them all the best of lick on a return to constitutional republic. Forgive me for not seeing how that will be possible after the last 100 or more years of ever encroaching, strengthing and more pwoerful central authority. With history as any indicator, power institutions do not give up that power without a fight.

Your a defeatist ....

The key problem appears to be that it is based on a faith in the collective wisdom of the people and the states (or at least in the majority of the people in a significant majority of the States).

Yet those same people have permitted us to devolve to this low point from which Levin seeks to have us extricate ourselves.

In the Hannity video @ 32:11, he addresses basically this very same question from Michelle Malkin. Mark points out, it only took roughly 1/3 of the population to fight and win the American Revolution. It takes the activists organizing to make the changes. You're never going to get a broad swath, 70~80% of the people who are going to get involved in this, a large percentage are simply not going to be involved, as they weren't in the Revolutionary war or so many of the decisions taking place.

The system is not broken.
We have had many different changes in America.
The people have done it many times in our history.
We can do it again.
The system needs to be restored to the Constitutional Republic that we have.
Progressives have taken over and they will be defeated. It will take a little time but it will happen.
You can see it happening all over in each and every State.
The people are waking up and they are fed up with Political Progressive Tyranny and corruption.
More and more people are educating themselves on the issues and in turn are re-educating those that don't.
Many have read the Constitution. Before 2008, hardly anyone knew the Constitution.

Six States rejected the new education system called Common Core.
The people themselves have gotten 4 more States out of this horrible progressive teaching system.
The people will continue to get even more States to reject it.

Well, i wish them all the best of lick on a return to constitutional republic. Forgive me for not seeing how that will be possible after the last 100 or more years of ever encroaching, strengthing and more pwoerful central authority. With history as any indicator, power institutions do not give up that power without a fight.

Your a defeatist ....
No. The solution is in his own reply.

However, he is typically American and exhibits the new American attitude..

"If it won't happen by next Friday, it isn't worth pursuing. I have other things to do next week."

Well it may not be possible, we don't know where this will lead until we try, however we know where it leads if we don't try.

It is astonishing how many so-called libertarians are weighing in to completely trash this idea and poo-poo any chance of it succeeding. I thought you were all supposed to be about smaller limited government and less powerful federal government? More power back to the people and states? Changing the disastrous SCOTUS rulings of late? Reigning in spending and taxation? Are the things Mark Levin proposing, suddenly not all that important to libertarians?

I mean, this is your absolute best chance to get most of what you claim you want, in one fell swoop. It would seem to me, every libertarian in America would be raising the roof in celebration over this, not doing everything you can to talk it down and derail it before it starts.

Careful there, so-called libertarians, you are exposing your true selves!

Dont worry liberals and so-called libertarians we who love this country will do all the hard work in spite of your bitching.

It's sadly true.. I can't believe some of these people who claim to be Libertarians and have not even read the book yet are trashing the foundation of liberty, what this Union has been held solidly knitted together by-- freedom.. At least Mark Levin is doing something about it.. I haven't heard any of them suggesting something different?? I'm still waiting. I've yet to see a good argument against the Liberty Amendments. Mark backs up each with historical precedence which is relevant to the argument being put forth in this thread. He's not introduced ANYTHING that the Founders didn't themselves already proclaim and enact, BOLDLY.

Dont worry liberals and so-called libertarians we who love this country will do all the hard work in spite of your bitching.

It's sadly true.. I can't believe some of these people who claim to be Libertarians and have not even read the book yet are trashing the foundation of liberty, what this Union has been held solidly knitted together by-- freedom.. At least Mark Levin is doing something about it.. I haven't heard any of them suggesting something different?? I'm still waiting. I've yet to see a good argument against the Liberty Amendments. Mark backs up each with historical precedence which is relevant to the argument being put forth in this thread. He's not introduced ANYTHING that the Founders didn't themselves already proclaim and enact, BOLDLY.

they are still butthurt over Mark not buying in to the paul revolt

I lean libertarian so I don't understand the hostility over something (Less government-liberty-restoring the Republic) Libertarians preach about on a daily basis? It makes zero sense.

I lean libertarian so I don't understand the hostility over something (Less government-liberty-restoring the Republic) Libertarians preach about on a daily basis? It makes zero sense.

It is because isn't about libertarianism it is about not being a Republican with them. You can split them into two groups those who support Paul and those who support liberty. I am not Paul isn't for liberty I am saying that his supporters care more about him then Liberty

Forum List

Back