The Liberty Amendments

I told you that I listened to that putz on a New York station, I told you that I listened to that putz when he was on the air down here, and I have listened to him while travelling.

ALL I WILL SAY and demonstrate is this:
The Treachery of Mark Levin the anti-American | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Why Mark Levin Hates Glenn Beck | Southern Avenger

Mark Levin backs a big government Republican in Utah | United Liberty | Free Market - Individual Liberty - Limited Government
I saw that before. DID you have a point, or are you fast upon your way of becoming a DRONE?

Yep, dropping the truth on you guys.
I KNOW the man. YOU have ZERO concept of the truth.

Try again. He gets under your skin and YOU can't admit the real truth that YOU are a LIAR because Levin doesn't sing your song in the same Chord.

*NEXT*

His entire posting history here is 95% about race.. he's obsessed with it.. Whatever strips his noodle.. whacks his twang.. Let him stew in it.. I'm bored and tired of reading his PIMP diaries.. LMAO
Sd turn of events. I wouldn't be surprised if the MODS take this thread into the 'Rubber room' now...

Phoenix? Shame on you for trying to make Mark Levin into something he isn't. I know the man.

YOU don't like the stance he takes with the Constitution, that's fine, just don't you take your ignorance to new heights...SAD it took this to wake me up to you and your tactics.

LGS? My apologies for launching off of your post.

LOL, shame on me for pointing out the truth in his actions and showing who he truly supports and who he turns against when it comes election time. ;)

that was another very accurate post of mine, thanks for posting it!!!

I would spend MONTHS , maybe a year posting all of your race laced posts being almost every one of them has to do with race.. Typical liberal - which is a racist but calls everyone else that.

What race am I allegedly "racist" against? I know it does bother you when I confront your racist cohorts with truth and facts. Don't be so upset.

LOL, another ad hominem! A Third Party run has a better chance of succeeding than the fantasy he is selling you in his book. Is this how you are justifying levin supporting the very "statists" he so allegedly loathes?

If he agrees with Ron and Rand, why did he attack Ron Paul instead of supporting him over the statists? Why did he threaten Rand Paul's campaign if Ron Paul would have run as a third Party Candidate to go against the statists?

It's not ad hom to call you an idiot when you espouse sheer idiocy, it's called "brutal honesty!"

A 3rd party had absolutely NO chance, as evidenced by Gary Johnson's dismal 2% showing, which is typical of every 3rd party candidacy for the past 50 years. This is markedly different than a proposal for a constitutional convention to propose amendments, which needs 2/3rds of the states to happen. Namely, there is not a negative consequence for failure. If it doesn't work, at least we tried. In the case of a 3rd party candidate, if it doesn't work, we get 4 more years of Obama... how's that working out for ya?

I've explained to you in detail WHY he opposed Ron Paul's threat to go 3rd party, and still, you ask me to explain it again? Are you unable to read what I am posting or something? Is it not penetrating that granite-like cranium of yours? He opposed him because it would have split the GOP vote, which we could ill afford to lose any of... we still lost. Mitt Romney was an awful candidate, hand picked by the establishment republicans who I am convinced, are just as progressive as the democrats. STILL... I would give anything to have a President Romney right now, than a second term Obama. I don't believe a President Romney would be brazenly bypassing Congress to implement his agenda by fiat.

I actually began the primary process, LIKING Ron Paul, but he blew it in the debates. He came across as a wacko with radical ideas that Americans just couldn't embrace. Had he remained reasonable and tempered, and stayed on point with the 'downsizing government' message, he may have actually won my vote. Instead, he decided to go radical extremist Libertarian and got his butt kicked.

Ok, done with this.. This thread is about the book, "The Liberty Amendments," not about racism and racists.. but I never back away from proving my assertions.. so I apologize for derailing.. back on track now--

We were on that until YOU started with your BASELESS ad hominem attacks against me. Same thing with "Yellowstone T". :lol:

I saw that before. DID you have a point, or are you fast upon your way of becoming a DRONE?

Yep, dropping the truth on you guys.
I KNOW the man. YOU have ZERO concept of the truth.

Try again. He gets under your skin and YOU can't admit the real truth that YOU are a LIAR because Levin doesn't sing your song in the same Chord.

*NEXT*

Yeah sure! LOL I just think that he's a putz, I'm actually amused that he's duping you people.

Last edited:
Constitutional scholar and expert, Mark Levin, has written a new book, outlining a plan to restore Constitutional Republicanism to our Federal government. The Liberty Amendments points out a key provision in Article V of the Constitution, whereby the Amendment process can alternatively originate from the States. It has never been successfully attempted, but it's there, and the Founding Fathers had good reason to put it there.

It was to address just such a situation as we find ourselves in today. We have an out of control Federal Leviathan, a Congress that is comprised of two parties serving their own interests and power, a President who brazenly defies the Constitution as he pleases, a SCOTUS who literally rewrites the Constitution as it pleases, and We The People have seemingly lost ALL control over our country. The Progressives have waged a 100 year war on our Constitutional constructs, and we find ourselves in a post-Constitutional era, where there is literally no more Constitutionality and no power of the States or people.

From interviews Levin has done, I have pieced together the basics of his 10 proposed Amendments:

1. Term Limits for Congress
They may serve a total of 12 years in the House, Senate, or a combination of both.
2. Restore the Senate to pre-17th amendment status.
The State Legislatures would elect the two Senate representatives.
3. Term Limits for SCOTUS
Capped at 12 years.
4. 3/5ths of States or Congress can override SCOTUS decisions
Limiting the scope and power of SCOTUS rulings.
5. Limit Federal Spending
A balanced budget amendment.
6. Limit Federal Taxation
Congress is never going to do this on their own.
7. Limit Federal Bureaucracy
Eliminating the "4th branch" of government for good.
8. Promote Free Enterprise
Self explanatory.
9. Secure private property rights
No doubt, this will deal with eminent domain as well as data mining and spying on Americans.
10. States can amend the Constitution with 2/3rd approval.
Streamlining the process.

Levin says none of this is 'written in stone' and the states would have to ratify with 3/4, just as with the Congressional process. Because of that rigid criteria, he doesn't feel there is an undesirable downside, like special interests becoming involved to add all kinds of unwanted crap. There is also no danger in the entire Constitution being rewritten, because even though the process is called a "constitutional convention" it is limited to amendments only.

This process bypasses Congress completely. They would serve as administers of what the states ratify, and have no say in the makeup of delegates which are appointed by the states. Critics say it would be an "uphill battle" to accomplish this... Levin answers with the question: "What battle isn't uphill?"

I have read the first chapter of the book, I am waiting for my Amazon order to arrive, so I can read more details, but this sounds very promising. The chapter I have read, lays out the case the Founding Fathers made for establishing Article V, and the reasoning behind it. Madison, Mason, and Hamilton, all agreed, the Constitution needed some mechanism for the people to use to re-establish the social contract, short of violent revolt, should Federal government go rogue. We are at that precipice, the time is now.

im getting the book

Since the beginning of time, ALL Wars and ALL Revolutions have been about economics.

Every one of them.

As long as we're doing fine, as long as nobody is going without a whole lot, as long as people aren't hungry in the streets..... There's not going to be any problems.

So Mark's proposition is nothing more than mental masturbation.

What WILL provoke an uprising is when an economy falls flat on it face and people start casting blame in one direction.

THAT can turn into a situation.

Right now, I'm thinking that the implementation of the ACA could just push this economy over the cliff.

I'm talking a full-blown economic Depression.

People are tired of obama. Businesses are especially tired of obama.

People are getting their hours caught because of the ACA. All those jobs that the Stuttering Clusterfukk and his toadies are bragging about? They're all part-time, low-paying, service industry, hospitality industry, McDonalds and Walmart jobs.

There aren't any more good manufacturing jobs because the Stuttering Clusterfukk has run them off... To Asia.

They're gone. And he's doing nothing about it because....

Because dimocraps are stupid.

All dimcraps know how to do is complain. They don't know how to build anything, how to create, how to engineer... All they know how to do is to destroy and complain.

If we do go into a full blown depression by the end of 2014 (20% Chance)....

Then look out.

If we don't, then none of it matters as long as people are fat and happy.

whatever you do

Do NOT give up your guns

we see over and over again what happens to the unarmed citizens

in these third world shit holes

One of the best posts I've read on this forum. Do the American people have the fortitude, strength and love of country to ride out this change? I hope so but the responses on this thread from so called Conservatives makes me wonder.. I'm with MARK LEVIN, 1000%.. I have been arguing for term limits for a very long time.. The Founders never intended that only the rich, affluent and politically connected could be elected and stay in for a lifetime by rigging the system.. CORRUPT- Completely useless.. Mark is right.

That is my biggest concern. I am not sold on all of Levin's Amendments. Ill wait till I read the arguments and weigh them out on where i fall on all of them. Others Ive supported for a while. Such as a repeal of the 17th amendment. We totally screwed up the balance of power by shifting the Senate from the States to the people. In fact, I think it's one of the biggest reasons we have a massive government today. It's difficult for the States to check a Federal governmente pushing through unfunded mandates on the States when the State no longer has the leverage they had in Congress.

My biggest concern is that the people don't have the resolve to do it. Our culture has been so corrupted that we could end up having incredible harmful amendments coming out of it if we aren't careful.

I have hesitated in the past about this precisely for my concerns. But if not now when. If it gets worse, will we ever be able to restore the Republic?

The amendments would still have to be ratified by 3/4 of the states, so there is simply not a danger of terrible amendments being added. Keep in mind, the process does not allow for all the amendments to be ratified in unison together, they must all be ratified individually.

You are spot on with the analysis of 'if not now, when?' The time is now, in fact, it may even be too late already. I feel this is at least worth a shot, before we take to the pitchforks and torches.

its time

Mark Levin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJdwc3q5s0o#at=611]Mark Levin "The Liberty Amendements" - (COMPLETE) Sean Hannity Special - Fox News - 8-16-13 - YouTube[/ame]

BTW. Since many libs think it's a waste of time to try this, then why are they worried about it all. It would take 75% of the states to pass an Amendment. So it's a very tough deal.

So why the negatives on it. If it fails it fails. Yet if it passes, would you be screaming bloody murder even if 75% of the states approved it.

Isn't this country about the WILL OF THE PEOPLE?

If one passes by that margin, then wouldn't that be what this country is supposed to be about?

No, it’s about the rule of law.

The United States is a Constitutional Republic, not a democracy; its citizens are subject to the rule of law, not men – as men are incapable of ruling justly.

What you advocate is the elimination of the rule of law and the imposition of the tyranny of the majority simply because conservatives aren’t getting their way in the courts.

That’s not justification for abandoning the rule of law.

Take this reckless nonsense, for example:

3/5ths of States or Congress can override SCOTUS decisions

Why bother to amend the Constitution with such a change, just throw the Constitution and its case law in the trash, dispense with the Republic, and subject our civil liberties to the capricious fears and prejudices of the majority.

This path is about the rule of laws. Laws passed by men and women of the country. When enough of the citizens disagree with a law so VEHEMENTLY, then this is an option to over turn a law they disagree with.

Yet the Founding Fathers made this nearly impossible for a reason. Getting 75% of the states to agree on an Amendment is an ENORMOUS TASK. Which is why it's never been done. Yet it is an avenue that can be tried to over turn a law that many don't agree with. I got news for you, most of America doesn't like Obamacare. But that most doesn't mean 75% of the States will overturn it.

I doubt Obamacare could get overturned.

But I do believe we could impose Term Limits and Stop Career Politicians.

Even that would be a tough battle. Because the Career Politicians and their Sponsors would raise holy hell about it.

@ 10:37 in the video Mark shows and explains how the Founders never intended for a permanent class of the politically elite to spend their lives in Congress..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vJdwc3q5s0o]Mark Levin "The Liberty Amendements" - (COMPLETE) Sean Hannity Special - Fox News - 8-16-13 - YouTube[/ame]

@ 13:20 in the video- How the Progressives attacked the States by diminishing the States role.. Repeal the 17th Amendment.. Originally done for 124 years until Progressives changed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Term Limits for the SCOTUS and a super majority to override the SCOTUS- Do we support Federalism or don't we as Conservatives??

No historical justification in where one person who sits on the SCOTUS determining the law of the entire nation. Dred Scott as example, Roe v/s Wade.. "A handful of lawyers impose their will on the American people."

Last edited by a moderator:
He's right.. the Left nullifies the Constitution at will and then comes in and lambasts anyone who tries to assert the Federalist view. Endorsement of Judicial tyranny- Jefferson and Madison were outraged and spoke out against it- Judicial review today is Judicial activism.. - Mark Levin.

Amendment to limit federal spending and taxing- Every time there's a continuing resolution or debt ceiling increase, it passes whether it's a Republican Administration or Democrat Administration. If we don't have a Constitutional amendment to limit spending and taxing we will cease to be a free people.. When you wake up every morning to go to work, the government is claiming 40- 50% of what you have..- Mark Levin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vJdwc3q5s0o]Mark Levin "The Liberty Amendements" - (COMPLETE) Sean Hannity Special - Fox News - 8-16-13 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The ratings for Congress, the SCOTUS and the President have show an absolute disgust for government. Now is the time to make the case for liberty.

Do we keep begging that Congress fix itself? "Those who fought and died for this nation would say do something about it."- Mark Levin

Last edited:
Get the book and read it.. Then decide but don't just throw out the entire argument because you THINK it contains something you have no clue about.. That sounds like Nancy Pelosi- "We have to pass the bill to see what's in it."

Forum List

Back