The Louisiana Purchase is fake

actually was, because troops from the west participated in the revolution.

What troops? There were no troops fighting in the revolution that came from the area that would later be the Louisiana Purchase. It was total wilderness and a few trading posts.

What troops? There were no troops fighting in the revolution that came from the area that would later be the Louisiana Purchase. It was total wilderness and a few trading posts.

I recently read that the Western rebels were unhappy with Washington's corrupt pro-British policies. Louisiana was then part of the southern confederation, you "discovered America" for yourself lol

I recently read that the Western rebels were unhappy with Washington's corrupt pro-British policies. Louisiana was then part of the southern confederation, you "discovered America" for yourself lol

What western rebels? From where?

And during Washinton's time as president, "Louisiana" was not a part of the US.

actually was, because troops from the west participated in the revolution.
No, it wasn’t and as Winter asked what rebels?

Are you writing about the French General Lafayette who helped in the Revolution?

It has been well documented that the French helped in the Revolution but Louisiana was not a State at the time when the Thirteen Colonies left the Empire and declared independence!

Also I am starting to think you are confusing the Revolution and the War of 1812 and if so learn history before spewing your stupidity!

No, it wasn’t and as Winter asked what rebels?

Are you writing about the French General Lafayette who helped in the Revolution?

It has been well documented that the French helped in the Revolution but Louisiana was not a State at the time when the Thirteen Colonies left the Empire and declared independence!

Also I am starting to think you are confusing the Revolution and the War of 1812 and if so learn history before spewing your stupidity!

Yes, we had great help from the French. But not from the wilderness areas.

Yes, we had great help from the French. But not from the wilderness areas.
When it come to French history in the U.S. I better have a little knowledge on it seeing my Father side was French, and my native tongue is French.

I believe our wannabe Historian is confusing the War of 1812 and the Revolution and if so they are two different Wars with two different French influences in the War.

In the Revolution the French made sure they were a pain in Britain side and sent help from Canada and in 1812 who can ever forget the French Pirates of Louisiana that helped Andrew Jackson in the Battle of New Orleans that cemented Andrew Jackson War Hero status.

Also I believe he is confusing Jean Lafitte and his Pirates in his historical accounts:

You are forgetting The Big Easy. My FOB relatives took up their old hobby when they got there (shooting at Redcoats) and helped in "Revolution II, this time its Jackson."

Do you mean the Confederacy? The state of Louisiana was, yes, but that 80 years later.

Do you mean the Confederacy? The state of Louisiana was, yes, but that 80 years later.
OK. In any case, there was a Louisiana connection, because the Chief of Staff of the Continental Army was the Marquis Lafayette, a Frenchman who was obviously a representative of Louisiana. This must be studied.

OK. In any case, there was a Louisiana connection, because the Chief of Staff of the Continental Army was the Marquis Lafayette, a Frenchman who was obviously a representative of Louisiana. This must be studied.
I don't believe he was ever in the Louisiana Territory actually, but he was French. I don't know if he was sent by France or just came over to remind the British that they smell like elderberries.

Lafayette himself was from a knightly family. He attracted the Iroquois confederation to the side of the revolution, this can also be considered the western troops of the revolution.

I don't believe he was ever in the Louisiana Territory actually, but he was French. I don't know if he was sent by France or just came over to remind the British that they smell like elderberries.
I think the Iroquois were mostly in the Louisiana area, if Louisiana really was there.

After all, it is logical to assume that they must have come from the West, and therefore from Louisiana. They needed to equip the troops, but they could not do this in the territory of the British states before they conquered them.

Lafayette was not a Louisiana connection. He was born and raised in France. He received his commission in the French Army when he was 13, and he was made a Major General at 19. All in France. He came to the New World to help because he thought our revolution was a noble cause. There is no mention of him every going to New Orleans. And he certainly was not from the wilderness that would be the Louisiana Purchase.

Try again.

Lafayette himself was from a knightly family. He attracted the Iroquois confederation to the side of the revolution, this can also be considered the western troops of the revolution.

A simple Google search can save you a lot of embarrassment.

"Iroquois, any member of the North American Indian tribes speaking a language of the Iroquoian family—notably the Cayuga, Cherokee, Huron, Mohawk, Oneida, Onondaga, Seneca, and Tuscarora. The peoples who spoke Iroquoian languages occupied a continuous territory around Lakes Ontario, Huron, and Erie in present-day New York state and Pennsylvania (U.S.) and southern Ontario and Quebec (Canada)."

Forum List

Back