The Maturation Of Our President

Funny, but I got the feeling and the distinct impression that Obama has had so little time to politicize the preferred outcome that he is taking this action with as pure a set of motives as I've seen.

Usually he gives off a sense of having an ulterior motive behind every seemingly good thing he does. It's like he does nothing until he has considered how, by tweaking this or that in just the right way, he can turn most every event into one which provides him some unexpected political opportunities or political advantages for him or the Dems.

His attitude in the speech tonite reminded me just a little bit, of a time early in my sales career when I felt I needed a sale so much that I decided to just be as honest and candid with this one particular customer as I could possibly be.

I told her the invoice price so she would know i was taking everything I could off of the price and I was going against the unwrit rules of the game by telling her my bottom line without any dickering.

I was GIVING her the deal of the month and not only did I break the rules to share this info with her, she didn't believe my sincerity!

That's the memory that came to my mind while watching Obama tonite.

He was being straight with us for once and now no one will believe or trust him!

LOLOL

But I shouldn't be laughing.

America needs to get this one right.

There's no fooling around possible.
Everything Obama does is carefully crafted to his political advantage
BREAKING for Spoon: Obama is a politician lol...unlike Pubs, he also does what's best for the country...

well evidently almost 70% who disapproves of the job your hero is doing don't see it your way
so sorry
BS- it's 39%, still within margin of error of what it's been for years, hater chump.

I'll concede that asshole , 61% of American thinks Bammy is an ill prepared asshole.

70% of Americans thought invading Iraq was a good idea. Every once in awhile the People get it wrong for awhile.

Widespread disapproval of Obama's foreign policy, for sure, but no one has any better ideas.

The president's disapproval rating on foreign policy is mostly based on the delusion that presidents have magical powers to fix anything that goes wrong anywhere in the world.
The Iraq War was a fine idea and remained so. Too bad Dems scattered when it began to be unpopular.
Disapproval of Obama's foreign policy is based on the fact that he has fucked up more situations more times than anyone else probably in history.
And yes, virtually everyone has better ideas.

Bush's aggressive war in Iraq was a terrible thing. It resulted in numerous civilians deaths, deaths of our soldiers, destruction of property, and a huge increase in our national debt. And for what? Merely to increase the power and wealth of the state. It also resulted in the creation of ISIS and an increase in terrorism worldwide, but particularly in the ME. It now has BO seeking more military intervention in Iraq and Syria.

When will we ever learn?

We have seen Obama gradually morph from a leftist determined to change America to a pragmatist who has suppressed his fantasies and perhaps reluctantly embraced reality. ISIS is the straw that ended his dream. He was faced with the fact that you just can't satisfy some people and that they will kill you if you don't kill them. I've seen this happen to idealists, including myself, in the course of my 63 years. Sometimes reality, as miserable as it can often be, is irresistible.
"We will degrade and ultimately destroy, ISIL..." - Obama
And here are 5 things that could go wrong with his 4-point plan:

Five things that could go horribly wrong with Obama s action in Iraq WashingtonExaminer.com
The biggest problem I see is this: People think ISIS is just camping out in the desert so a couple of daisy cutters dropped judiciously will solve the problem.
It isnt so.
They are in charge of some major cities. All they need to do is retreat to those cities, use the population is shields, as Hamas did in Gaza, and the problem goes away. America is not going to start bombing civilians.
Then we will have to send ground troops.
ISIS must be laughing their asses off.
The whole point is to get Iraqi, Kurds, moderate Syrian rebels, and othe ME allies fighting fundie terrorists...and now that Booosh's a-hole buddy Maliki is gone, things are looking up....it's much better than the Booosh/RW/chickenhawk/hater dupe jingoism/send in the 82 Airborne idiocy. Thank god no drama Obama is in charge, not you fools...

Most absurd.

Both W and BO are warmongering interventionists.

What we should do is stop intervening and bring all our forces home. Intervening got us where we are today. Continuing a failed policy only results in more death, destruction, and debt....but it does empower the state.
Unlike with RW chickenhawk morons in the past, we're coming to the aid of people without entering the country and pissing the whole area off...just like before America became a RW ASSHOLE.

Yeah...because as we all know...dropping bombs on people from 10,000 feet up doesn't make them hate you! As long as you do it without "boots on the ground" you're fine...RIGHT?

Another confused liberal trying to come to terms with what war is...

10,000 feet? You don't know much about dropping bombs do you.

No, he's still the empty-headed community organizer he's been for years.

If that's true why are all his critics and opponents so miserably ineffective?

huh? why are his followers so disconnected from reality?

I wonder why the President's political opponents haven't been more effective in their efforts to impede his agenda? Why haven't they accomplished anything they said they'd do?

Ah, because Democrats control the Senate and the Oval Office? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:That may be one of the more vacuous questions I've seen on here, Dis! It's the kind of nonsense the RDerp posts.

Republicans have spent the past six years promising to stop the President from doing all kinds of things. I guess they're just a bunch of full of shit liars.

Well...unless someone totally changed the way our system of government functions and I didn't get the memo...you can't pass much in the way of legislation if you only control the House and someone else controls the Senate and the Presidency.

What's amusing is that it wasn't Republicans who stopped Obama's plans but moderate Democrats who stopped much of Barry's progressive agenda when Democrats controlled the House, Senate and the Oval Office.
But they promised......Republican politicians ran for office on the promise of stopping the Obama agenda dead in it's tracks. Are they incompetent or simply dishonest? Did they make promises they knew they couldn't keep?
They did.
How much major legislation passed after 2010?
Dolt.

Those phony assholes ran for office on repealing Obamacare when they knew they'd never do it. Sounds like they were making false promises, sounds just like they were lying doesn't it.
Move those goalposts.
How many times did the House vote to repeal Obamacare? Yeah, they did do it. Senate wouldnt go along is all. But they did what they said they would.

Funny, but I got the feeling and the distinct impression that Obama has had so little time to politicize the preferred outcome that he is taking this action with as pure a set of motives as I've seen.

Usually he gives off a sense of having an ulterior motive behind every seemingly good thing he does. It's like he does nothing until he has considered how, by tweaking this or that in just the right way, he can turn most every event into one which provides him some unexpected political opportunities or political advantages for him or the Dems.

His attitude in the speech tonite reminded me just a little bit, of a time early in my sales career when I felt I needed a sale so much that I decided to just be as honest and candid with this one particular customer as I could possibly be.

I told her the invoice price so she would know i was taking everything I could off of the price and I was going against the unwrit rules of the game by telling her my bottom line without any dickering.

I was GIVING her the deal of the month and not only did I break the rules to share this info with her, she didn't believe my sincerity!

He was being straight with us for once and now no one will believe or trust him!

LOLOL

BREAKING for Spoon: Obama is a politician lol...unlike Pubs, he also does what's best for the country...

well evidently almost 70% who disapproves of the job your hero is doing don't see it your way
so sorry
BS- it's 39%, still within margin of error of what it's been for years, hater chump.

I'll concede that asshole , 61% of American thinks Bammy is an ill prepared asshole.

70% of Americans thought invading Iraq was a good idea. Every once in awhile the People get it wrong for awhile.

Widespread disapproval of Obama's foreign policy, for sure, but no one has any better ideas.

The president's disapproval rating on foreign policy is mostly based on the delusion that presidents have magical powers to fix anything that goes wrong anywhere in the world.
The Iraq War was a fine idea and remained so. Too bad Dems scattered when it began to be unpopular.
Disapproval of Obama's foreign policy is based on the fact that he has fucked up more situations more times than anyone else probably in history.

Bush's aggressive war in Iraq was a terrible thing. It resulted in numerous civilians deaths, deaths of our soldiers, destruction of property, and a huge increase in our national debt. And for what? Merely to increase the power and wealth of the state. It also resulted in the creation of ISIS and an increase in terrorism worldwide, but particularly in the ME. It now has BO seeking more military intervention in Iraq and Syria.

When will we ever learn?
Yeah, wars shouldnt result in death or destruction.
How old are you?
The US unseated a dictator with a history of supporting terrorism. We put the fear of god into others in the region. The war disarmed Ghaddafi's nuclear program.
I cant help it if Obama came in and fucked up the situation by following the narco-libertarian retard version of foreign policy and making a hasty retreat.

LOLOL

so sorry

A fine idea for chickenshit assholes who sit at home and cheer but never put themselves at risk. Yes, a very fine idea for people who never do anything but talk.

We have seen Obama gradually morph from a leftist determined to change America to a pragmatist who has suppressed his fantasies and perhaps reluctantly embraced reality. ISIS is the straw that ended his dream. He was faced with the fact that you just can't satisfy some people and that they will kill you if you don't kill them. I've seen this happen to idealists, including myself, in the course of my 63 years. Sometimes reality, as miserable as it can often be, is irresistible.

:lol:

You folks are seriously unbelievable.

The "immature" President Obama has always been strong on National Defense and has been killing real live terrorist, where ever they are..

He was called "naive" by McCain in the debates for stating that if Bin Laden were in Pakistan, then Obama would deploy units into Pakistan to take him out.

That's exactly what he did.

And he's been taking out terrorists in Iraq, Yemen, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Libya and a multitude of other places.

Now? That he wants to conduct major operations (which by the way, wets the appetite of the defense industry), it's music to the ears of Republicans.

Now? He's "matured".

Gotta love it.

How old are you?
The US unseated a dictator with a history of supporting terrorism. We put the fear of god into others in the region. The war disarmed Ghaddafi's nuclear program.
I cant help it if Obama came in and fucked up the situation by following the narco-libertarian retard version of foreign policy and making a hasty retreat.
Except Saddam Hussien didn't support terrorism and by the way?

Gaddafi was a terrorist.

No, he's still the empty-headed community organizer he's been for years.

If that's true why are all his critics and opponents so miserably ineffective?

huh? why are his followers so disconnected from reality?

I wonder why the President's political opponents haven't been more effective in their efforts to impede his agenda? Why haven't they accomplished anything they said they'd do?

Ah, because Democrats control the Senate and the Oval Office? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:That may be one of the more vacuous questions I've seen on here, Dis! It's the kind of nonsense the RDerp posts.

Republicans have spent the past six years promising to stop the President from doing all kinds of things. I guess they're just a bunch of full of shit liars.

Well...unless someone totally changed the way our system of government functions and I didn't get the memo...you can't pass much in the way of legislation if you only control the House and someone else controls the Senate and the Presidency.

What's amusing is that it wasn't Republicans who stopped Obama's plans but moderate Democrats who stopped much of Barry's progressive agenda when Democrats controlled the House, Senate and the Oval Office.
But they promised......Republican politicians ran for office on the promise of stopping the Obama agenda dead in it's tracks. Are they incompetent or simply dishonest? Did they make promises they knew they couldn't keep?
They did.
How much major legislation passed after 2010?
Dolt.

Those phony assholes ran for office on repealing Obamacare when they knew they'd never do it. Sounds like they were making false promises, sounds just like they were lying doesn't it.
Move those goalposts.
How many times did the House vote to repeal Obamacare? Yeah, they did do it. Senate wouldnt go along is all. But they did what they said they would.

Uh-huh, how many times just for show when they knew it was a pointless exercise?

How old are you?

Gaddafi was a terrorist.

We overthrew two dictators, now we have two terrorist safe havens. Maybe we should kick the ant hill apart some more and see what happens.

LOLOL

so sorry

A fine idea for chickenshit assholes who sit at home and cheer but never put themselves at risk. Yes, a very fine idea for people who never do anything but talk.
You mean like FDR?
Your arguments are childish and stupid You're dismissed.

How old are you?

Gaddafi was a terrorist.

We overthrew two dictators, now we have two terrorist safe havens. Maybe we should kick the ant hill apart some more and see what happens.
You are implying causality wihere none exists.
I am sorry Obama fucked up and left us with this situation. If he had anyone on his staff that knew more about foreign policy than a 4 year old this might not have happened.

It's funny but not surprising that the RWnuts would define maturation as a president falling victim to the siren song of foreign entanglement.
Its more a matter of him actually dealing with a real issue.
But I dispute that's what's going on anyway.

How old are you?

Gaddafi was a terrorist.

You are implying causality wihere none exists.
I am sorry Obama fucked up and left us with this situation. If he had anyone on his staff that knew more about foreign policy than a 4 year old this might not have happened.
No causality? Sounds like you don't really want to be taken seriously on foreign policy or defense issues.

LOLOL

so sorry

You mean like FDR?
Your arguments are childish and stupid You're dismissed.
No, I mean cheerleaders like you.

How old are you?

Gaddafi was a terrorist.

Hussien was pretty well contained and hadn't really been causing any trouble other than making some noise about giving the families of terrorists some money.

Gaddafi was threatening genocide.

There's a big difference.

And additionally? Gaddafi planned, funded and gave the go ahead on Lockerbie.

Obama, our first openly gay president, is aging like a head of lettuce......

You are mistaken. Reagan was the first openly gay president.

He liked dildoes up his butt. Additionally? His son is gay.

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Having said that, president appoints his weekly approval poll as new national security adviser.

Forum List

Back