The Maturation Of Our President

Front page story in USAToday with an unnamed source in the Air Force stating that air strikes are only effective when they work in concert with highly trained US spotters on the ground to direct those strikes.

So either Barack Obama is lying to the American people about having no "boots on the ground" and those spotters will be on the ground vectoring in air strikes...or he is clueless as to how such an air war is conducted.

Pick your poison, Obamabots!

Yes..

You can't have a successful US air campaign.

Like Clinton did in the Balkans.

No sir ree..just ain't possible.
:lol:

Sorry Dude, but there was nothing "successful" about the Balkans war. Read Halberstams "War in a time of peace" or Wesley Clark's "Waging Modern War". .....

Well instead of reading about it, Dude, I actually went there.

Took a trip to Rome, drove to Ancona, took an overnight ferry to Split and drove to Dubrovnic.

Beautiful place. Great people.

Much better than a book.

Sounds like a nice trip. But did you fight in the Balkans war when you were there? If not, I'm not sure what your point is.

Yeah, wars shouldnt result in death or destruction.
How old are you?
The US unseated a dictator with a history of supporting terrorism. We put the fear of god into others in the region. The war disarmed Ghaddafi's nuclear program.
I cant help it if Obama came in and fucked up the situation by following the narco-libertarian retard version of foreign policy and making a hasty retreat.
Except Saddam Hussien didn't support terrorism and by the way?

Gaddafi was a terrorist.

We overthrew two dictators, now we have two terrorist safe havens. Maybe we should kick the ant hill apart some more and see what happens.

Hussien was pretty well contained and hadn't really been causing any trouble other than making some noise about giving the families of terrorists some money.

Gaddafi was threatening genocide.

There's a big difference.

And additionally? Gaddafi planned, funded and gave the go ahead on Lockerbie.

And yet Gaddafi was our buddy right after 911. We shouldn't care which dictators are in charge over there just as long as they keep a lid on things. That's all we really care about anyway.

Gaddafi made a deal with George W. Bush, because, he was going broke.

That doesn't change the fact he authored Lockerbie and was a terrorist.

In general? So long as a country is not involved in aggression toward the United States or Genocide? Their internal affairs should be none of our business.

I'm going with the first one......aggression toward the United States. That's a good reason for concern. Genocide....not so much. Not a good enough reason in and of itself to go to war.

Genocide is a reason to intervene.

It's a crime against humanity.

Not a good enough reason to put our own people at risk. Genocide goes on every day all over the world.......who will you pick to save? Who will you choose to sacrifice? You can't save everyone.

Yeah, wars shouldnt result in death or destruction.
How old are you?
The US unseated a dictator with a history of supporting terrorism. We put the fear of god into others in the region. The war disarmed Ghaddafi's nuclear program.
I cant help it if Obama came in and fucked up the situation by following the narco-libertarian retard version of foreign policy and making a hasty retreat.
Except Saddam Hussien didn't support terrorism and by the way?

Gaddafi was a terrorist.

We overthrew two dictators, now we have two terrorist safe havens. Maybe we should kick the ant hill apart some more and see what happens.

Hussien was pretty well contained and hadn't really been causing any trouble other than making some noise about giving the families of terrorists some money.

Gaddafi was threatening genocide.

There's a big difference.

And additionally? Gaddafi planned, funded and gave the go ahead on Lockerbie.

And yet Gaddafi was our buddy right after 911. We shouldn't care which dictators are in charge over there just as long as they keep a lid on things. That's all we really care about anyway.
Proof of that?
No, it is proof itself. That you're a moron like your boyfriend Shallow.

You are just about as fucking stupid as you can possibly be.

Our disturbing relationship with Gaddafi The Great Debate

Front page story in USAToday with an unnamed source in the Air Force stating that air strikes are only effective when they work in concert with highly trained US spotters on the ground to direct those strikes.

So either Barack Obama is lying to the American people about having no "boots on the ground" and those spotters will be on the ground vectoring in air strikes...or he is clueless as to how such an air war is conducted.

Its both.
He'll have American troops embedded with Iraqis spotting for the air strikes.
DOes anyone actually think that will be effective, btw?

Sounds like a topic you know nothing about.

Yes..

You can't have a successful US air campaign.

Like Clinton did in the Balkans.

No sir ree..just ain't possible.
:lol:

Sorry Dude, but there was nothing "successful" about the Balkans war. Read Halberstams "War in a time of peace" or Wesley Clark's "Waging Modern War". .....

Well instead of reading about it, Dude, I actually went there.

Took a trip to Rome, drove to Ancona, took an overnight ferry to Split and drove to Dubrovnic.

Beautiful place. Great people.

Much better than a book.

You're kidding right? I've visited Vietnam but that doesn't mean I'm an authority on what happened there during the Vietnam war! I've been to France but that isn't how I know about what happened on D-Day!

Hard to believe, Sallow but just when I think you can't possibly be as dumb as RDerp...you post something like that and I start second guessing myself!!!

Its both.

I'm assuming that you do from that snide remark? So tell me how it is that we carry on an air campaign against ISIS fighters imbedded in civilian populations without US military spotters on the ground to direct those strikes?

Its both.

I'm assuming that you do from that snide remark? So tell me how it is that we carry on an air campaign against ISIS fighters imbedded in civilian populations without US military spotters on the ground to direct those strikes?

The Shadow UAV replaces human spotters on the ground.

Its both.

The Shadow UAV replaces Scout Helicopters like the H58 Kiowa's for use by the army...they are NOT being used to vector air strikes by the Air Force.

In order for those Air Force strikes to be effective...and not end up killing civilians by mistake...they are going to need Special Forces on the ground targeting those strikes. That's reality. It may not be the reality that Barry wants to admit exists...but it IS reality!

Its both.

The Shadow UAV replaces Scout Helicopters like the H58 Kiowa's for use by the army...they are NOT being used to vector air strikes by the Air Force.

Perhaps you just weren't aware that laser targeting designators are often mounted on drones.

Its both.

Perhaps you just weren't aware that laser targeting designators are often mounted on drones.

And perhaps YOU aren't aware that it takes a crew of 20 soldiers to launch and recover a Shadow UAV along with an armored Humvee and trailer. So you're going to send 20 soldiers into the field to prevent putting a few Special Ops boots on the ground? Are you sure you've thought this whole thing out, Discombobulated...or are you trying to live up to your name?

Its both.

And perhaps YOU aren't aware that it takes a crew of 20 soldiers to launch and recover a Shadow UAV along with an armored Humvee and trailer. So you're going to send 20 soldiers into the field to prevent putting a few Special Ops boots on the ground? Are you sure you've thought this whole thing out, Discombobulated...or are you trying to live up to your name?

You said the job couldn't be done without special operations troops........you were wrong.

Its both.

You said the job couldn't be done without special operations troops........you were wrong.

I said it can't be done without boots on the ground...who ARE the Special Operations troops! You came back with the theory that it can be done with drones...which in actuality require EVEN MORE boots on the grounds!

But "I'm" wrong?:bs1:

And it wasn't ME making the point that it couldn't be done without Special Operations troops...that point was made by people in the military who understand how the process works!

Barack Obama seems to think that a few US Air Force jets will fly over Syria and magically know what targets to fire missiles at WAAAAAAYYYY down there on the ground and hit the bad guys and not the good guys!

He's as clueless about this as he is about most things...

Barack Obama seems to think that a few US Air Force jets will fly over Syria and magically know what targets to fire missiles at WAAAAAAYYYY down there on the ground and hit the bad guys and not the good guys!

You don't even begin to know what you're talking about. Airstrikes are conducted without benefit of ground spotters all the time. Do you imagine that special operations groups will be all over Syria verifying each and every target? Think again. If we need to vector strikes with something a little more capable than battlefield UAVs we have much larger long range drones that can carry all the necessary gear.

You don't even begin to know what you're talking about. Airstrikes are conducted without benefit of ground spotters all the time. Do you imagine that special operations groups will be all over Syria verifying each and every target? Think again. If we need to vector strikes with something a little more capable than battlefield UAVs we have much larger long range drones that can carry all the necessary gear.

I'm sorry but YOU don't know what you're talking about! Airstrikes in open areas where targets can be readily identified may occur without benefit of spotters on the ground but air strikes in areas where targets are in close proximity to civilians are SO not done that way! Special Operators typically spend a great deal of time identifying that the target is what it's alleged to be and who it is that's there. Trying to attack ISIS targets in the cities that they now control is not going to be something that can be done without intelligence on the ground and that means Special Ops. It's what they DO!

Barack Obama COULD have used air strikes against ISIS forces when they were in the open desert between Syria and Iraq but he chose to ignore them. Now they are imbedded in urban areas and they WILL be using human shields! Even with Special Operators the task that the Air Force faces in hitting the right targets will be extremely difficult...without them it will be virtually impossible.

Forum List

Back