The Maturation Of Our President

Some nice posts here. Well said USAF sniper, I agree with you, but I will give our president a chance to grow up but his probation periods are getting shorter and shorter.

In a world of globalism it is strange to me that Obama would resort to a parochial response to Isis. Isis is a threat to humanity. It does not matter what religion or state you come from these people don't belong on the same planet as the human race. This is the tact that the United States should be taking in trying to get the rest of the world on board. We are not so much fighting against Muslims we are fighting for humanity. No one can disagree that the heinous barbaric savagery of Isis has no place in civilization. Saudi Arabia, turkey, France, Jordan , Russia, and even china could rationalize supporting a us led coalition under this kind of context and the us would not be seen so much as imperialist but rather moral. Wiping out a scourge like Isis does not mean annexing territory or trying to impose democracy on someone but rather stamping out behavior that has no place in the world. Play the tapes of the beheadings, of the murders, of the mass killings, the rapes, and the torture throughout the world, to all the masses. Say that Isis is an assault on the basic human rights of all the citizens of the world and their barbarism will not stand and the us will use its tremendous wealth and power to protect the weak from the evil, will you join us?

We have seen Obama gradually morph from a leftist determined to change America to a pragmatist who has suppressed his fantasies and perhaps reluctantly embraced reality. ISIS is the straw that ended his dream. He was faced with the fact that you just can't satisfy some people and that they will kill you if you don't kill them. I've seen this happen to idealists, including myself, in the course of my 63 years. Sometimes reality, as miserable as it can often be, is irresistible.
"We will degrade and ultimately destroy, ISIL..." - Obama

No, what you're seeing is the all too common ailment that afflicts one president after another - the affliction of feeling the need to involve the US in another needless military adventure while the nations who really ought to be doing the fighting and dying sit in the grandstands.

Our observations do not necessarily conflict - a first for us - nor are they mutually exclusive. An American president - even one committed to changing America's course - can find that circumstances (reality) may require the sort of action that appears to repeat the past. In this case Obama recognizes the scope of the IS threat and seems determined to nip it in the bud.

yeah ok, they SAY better late than NEVER
for crying out loud. he should've done this a hell of lot SOONER. Instead he gives a speech after one our citizens is BEHEADED then goes back to playing his golf game. so really we're sorry if some us don't fall on our knees and see him as "maturing"

Did you throw a tantrum every time Bush played a round of golf, or whatever recreational activity you want to include,

the day after an American got killed in Iraq?

Bush had the common decency to QUIT playing golf because he didn't want to be on the golf course when American troops were being killed. Obama doesn't care.

Let's get Bush's REAL opinion, as opposed to an asshole's like you:

"I see our president criticized for playing golf. I don't. I think he ought to play golf," Bush told the Golf Channel. "Because I know what it's like to be in the bubble. I know the pressures of the job, and to be able to get outside and play golf with some of your pals is important for the president. It does give you an outlet."

Now fuck off you racist piece of human garbage.

George W. Bush defends Obama 8217 s frequent golf outings - The Washington Post

From the same article you posted from

Mr. Bush quit playing golf in the public eye shortly after invading Iraq.

“I don’t want some mom, whose son may have recently died, to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said in an interview at the time.

Perhaps you will explain what is racist about that.

Your racism is common knowledge. Bush pursued other forms of recreation, which the article acknowledges and which I alluded to in my post, fuckwit.

We have seen Obama gradually morph from a leftist determined to change America to a pragmatist who has suppressed his fantasies and perhaps reluctantly embraced reality. ISIS is the straw that ended his dream. He was faced with the fact that you just can't satisfy some people and that they will kill you if you don't kill them. I've seen this happen to idealists, including myself, in the course of my 63 years. Sometimes reality, as miserable as it can often be, is irresistible.

No, what you're seeing is the all too common ailment that afflicts one president after another - the affliction of feeling the need to involve the US in another needless military adventure while the nations who really ought to be doing the fighting and dying sit in the grandstands.

Our observations do not necessarily conflict - a first for us - nor are they mutually exclusive. An American president - even one committed to changing America's course - can find that circumstances (reality) may require the sort of action that appears to repeat the past. In this case Obama recognizes the scope of the IS threat and seems determined to nip it in the bud.

yeah ok, they SAY better late than NEVER
for crying out loud. he should've done this a hell of lot SOONER. Instead he gives a speech after one our citizens is BEHEADED then goes back to playing his golf game. so really we're sorry if some us don't fall on our knees and see him as "maturing"

Did you throw a tantrum every time Bush played a round of golf, or whatever recreational activity you want to include,

the day after an American got killed in Iraq?

Bush had the common decency to QUIT playing golf because he didn't want to be on the golf course when American troops were being killed. Obama doesn't care.

Let's get Bush's REAL opinion, as opposed to an asshole's like you:

"I see our president criticized for playing golf. I don't. I think he ought to play golf," Bush told the Golf Channel. "Because I know what it's like to be in the bubble. I know the pressures of the job, and to be able to get outside and play golf with some of your pals is important for the president. It does give you an outlet."

Now fuck off you racist piece of human garbage.

George W. Bush defends Obama 8217 s frequent golf outings - The Washington Post

“I don’t want some mom, whose son may have recently died, to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said in an interview at the time.

Bush approves of Obama's golfing. Did you miss that?

Funny, but I got the feeling and the distinct impression that Obama has had so little time to politicize the preferred outcome that he is taking this action with as pure a set of motives as I've seen.

Usually he gives off a sense of having an ulterior motive behind every seemingly good thing he does. It's like he does nothing until he has considered how, by tweaking this or that in just the right way, he can turn most every event into one which provides him some unexpected political opportunities or political advantages for him or the Dems.

His attitude in the speech tonite reminded me just a little bit, of a time early in my sales career when I felt I needed a sale so much that I decided to just be as honest and candid with this one particular customer as I could possibly be.

I told her the invoice price so she would know i was taking everything I could off of the price and I was going against the unwrit rules of the game by telling her my bottom line without any dickering.

I was GIVING her the deal of the month and not only did I break the rules to share this info with her, she didn't believe my sincerity!

That's the memory that came to my mind while watching Obama tonite.

He was being straight with us for once and now no one will believe or trust him!

LOLOL

But I shouldn't be laughing.

America needs to get this one right.

There's no fooling around possible.
Everything Obama does is carefully crafted to his political advantage
BREAKING for Spoon: Obama is a politician lol...unlike Pubs, he also does what's best for the country...
Shit...
You are up to how many gallons per day of Obama kool aid?

Funny, but I got the feeling and the distinct impression that Obama has had so little time to politicize the preferred outcome that he is taking this action with as pure a set of motives as I've seen.

Usually he gives off a sense of having an ulterior motive behind every seemingly good thing he does. It's like he does nothing until he has considered how, by tweaking this or that in just the right way, he can turn most every event into one which provides him some unexpected political opportunities or political advantages for him or the Dems.

His attitude in the speech tonite reminded me just a little bit, of a time early in my sales career when I felt I needed a sale so much that I decided to just be as honest and candid with this one particular customer as I could possibly be.

I told her the invoice price so she would know i was taking everything I could off of the price and I was going against the unwrit rules of the game by telling her my bottom line without any dickering.

I was GIVING her the deal of the month and not only did I break the rules to share this info with her, she didn't believe my sincerity!

He was being straight with us for once and now no one will believe or trust him!

LOLOL

BREAKING for Spoon: Obama is a politician lol...unlike Pubs, he also does what's best for the country...

well evidently almost 70% who disapproves of the job your hero is doing don't see it your way
so sorry
BS- it's 39%, still within margin of error of what it's been for years, hater chump.

LOLOL

well evidently almost 70% who disapproves of the job your hero is doing don't see it your way
so sorry
BS- it's 39%, still within margin of error of what it's been for years, hater chump.

I'll concede that asshole , 61% of American thinks Bammy is an ill prepared asshole.

[QUOTE="TooTall, post: 9786505, member: 43491"

See, Bush is a racist. He hates Obama. So he encourages him to play golf, knowing that same mom is going to see him and hate him for it. It all makes sense, right??
Lefties are such dupes.[/QUOTE]
Will you morons forget golf lol...ay caramba! Too bad W the moron in chief DIDN'T get some relief...this what happens when your bs propaganda/gossip machine takes over the new bs GOP- about in 1990...

I don't see us eliminating ISIS or any other large terror group for that matter. You may degrade them to a point they pose only a minor threat, but that is it. I don't agree with the goal measurements, so it is hard to support the means of achieving the goal.

LOLOL

so sorry

I'll concede that asshole , 61% of American thinks Bammy is an ill prepared asshole.
Link to your brainwashed idiocy, hater chump? Anyway,only proves that your bs party's neverending disfunction/fear mongering/negative bs has sickened 61% of the country about politics. Maybe they can get in again and rape us all some more. As if Reaganism still isn't raping us , hater dupe.

I don't need any other citations....read what has been cited before :)

LOLOL

so sorry

Link to your brainwashed idiocy, hater chump? Anyway,only proves that your bs party's neverending disfunction/fear mongering/negative bs has sickened 61% of the country about politics. Maybe they can get in again and rape us all some more. As if Reaganism still isn't raping us , hater dupe.

**** boy :)
November.....we're coming.

Doesn't matter what the reactionaries think, only point out that Bush has no trouble with Obama golfing, so, reactionaries, sux to be you.

Some nice posts here. Well said USAF sniper, I agree with you, but I will give our president a chance to grow up but his probation periods are getting shorter and shorter.

In a world of globalism it is strange to me that Obama would resort to a parochial response to Isis. Isis is a threat to humanity. It does not matter what religion or state you come from these people don't belong on the same planet as the human race. This is the tact that the United States should be taking in trying to get the rest of the world on board. We are not so much fighting against Muslims we are fighting for humanity. No one can disagree that the heinous barbaric savagery of Isis has no place in civilization. Saudi Arabia, turkey, France, Jordan , Russia, and even china could rationalize supporting a us led coalition under this kind of context and the us would not be seen so much as imperialist but rather moral. Wiping out a scourge like Isis does not mean annexing territory or trying to impose democracy on someone but rather stamping out behavior that has no place in the world. Play the tapes of the beheadings, of the murders, of the mass killings, the rapes, and the torture throughout the world, to all the masses. Say that Isis is an assault on the basic human rights of all the citizens of the world and their barbarism will not stand and the us will use its tremendous wealth and power to protect the weak from the evil, will you join us?
No drama Obama let Maliki and ISIS have their way, and now Iraq and Saudi want OUR help. MUCH better- thanks Obama for not being a "our way or the highway" RW ugly American chickenhawk ASSHOLE lol..

I don't need any other citations....read what has been cited before :)

LOLOL

so sorry

**** boy :)
November.....we're coming.
If so,only because of mostly Dem senate seats at risk, and a non Presidential election....so you have 2 more years to obstruct, and then we kick your ass for 20 years, brainwashed (70% chance racist) dingbat. lol

And then he'll draw a red line in the sand and dare ISIS to step over it. He's a pussy

Forum List

Back