The Maturation Of Our President

We have seen Obama gradually morph from a leftist determined to change America to a pragmatist who has suppressed his fantasies and perhaps reluctantly embraced reality. ISIS is the straw that ended his dream. He was faced with the fact that you just can't satisfy some people and that they will kill you if you don't kill them. I've seen this happen to idealists, including myself, in the course of my 63 years. Sometimes reality, as miserable as it can often be, is irresistible.
"We will degrade and ultimately destroy, ISIL..." - Obama
And here are 5 things that could go wrong with his 4-point plan:

Five things that could go horribly wrong with Obama s action in Iraq WashingtonExaminer.com
The biggest problem I see is this: People think ISIS is just camping out in the desert so a couple of daisy cutters dropped judiciously will solve the problem.
It isnt so.
They are in charge of some major cities. All they need to do is retreat to those cities, use the population is shields, as Hamas did in Gaza, and the problem goes away. America is not going to start bombing civilians.
Then we will have to send ground troops.
ISIS must be laughing their asses off.

Of course ISIS is laughing their asses off.

They played Obama like a fiddle.

I don't buy the, but the terrorists need to be exterminated, reasoning. Terrorists are a fact of life and will not change if we get this group or that one.

How about THIS then, Save...we need to give ISIS a serious bloody nose because right now they are the "rock stars" of terrorism and are attracting followers from all over the planet who are joining up because ISIS is kicking ass. If we DON'T make it crystal clear that being an extremist isn't a good choice if you're looking for a long, happy life then we're going to be overwhelmed with new recruits flocking to join their cause.

Which is why I have no problem with chasing them out of Iraq with Iraqi help. Syria is an entirely different thing.

I don't buy the, but the terrorists need to be exterminated, reasoning. Terrorists are a fact of life and will not change if we get this group or that one.

How about THIS then, Save...we need to give ISIS a serious bloody nose because right now they are the "rock stars" of terrorism and are attracting followers from all over the planet who are joining up because ISIS is kicking ass. If we DON'T make it crystal clear that being an extremist isn't a good choice if you're looking for a long, happy life then we're going to be overwhelmed with new recruits flocking to join their cause.

Bloody Nose? We need to chop off their genitals, bones and stones.

We have lost two people, who were there by choice. Risking hundreds to support foreign fighters?

I have always supported President Obama on ONE and only ONE issue. The fact that he has shown that he will chase the bad guys no matter where they are and kill them. He has slowed and almost stopped that activity, since the far left wing of his base began to scream about how that was not 'justice.' There is no justice when you are infested with vermin. The only way to deal with them is to hunt them down and eradicate them. Al Queda and ISIS are vermin, plain and simple. I think his plan, given ISIS's activity of late, is inevitable. It is the plan of a man who hates the military and hates using them as an instrument of foreign policy, even when his own country is at risk. He is aghast at the fact, becoming more apparent everyday, that the people who oppose us won't lay down at his feet and bask in all of Barry's glory. He was incredibly correct when he said that the next President will have to deal with this, because I believe he does not have the cajones to deal with it himself.

My agreement with the President on one issue, does not change the fact that Barry is an amateur. He's been at it a little more than five years and he is really not learning 'on the job' or otherwise. The man is an absolute incompetent leader. When he came to office he actually believed that people would just love us because he was now our President. Ask the Egyptians how they feel about Obama. If you have the opportunity to get to Europe (as I recently have), ask them, from any country, if we are loved more now than when GWB was in office. Ask the Turks, the Poles, the Czechs, the French, or even the Belgians. We are not. We are not loved and we are less respected because we do not have a leader. We have a cult of personality and when someone does not subscribe, Barry is clueless on what to do. Europe is terrified of Putin and Russias new found nationalism. They are looking for leadership and find nothing here.

I pray everyday that we can survive this man's administration. I will continue to pray more and more...

If Obama was successful with stopping terrorists, ISIS would not exist. Terrorists are going to be out htere from here on out. The line needs to be when they attack us here. Unless we are truly going to be the world's police.

We have seen Obama gradually morph from a leftist determined to change America to a pragmatist who has suppressed his fantasies and perhaps reluctantly embraced reality. ISIS is the straw that ended his dream. He was faced with the fact that you just can't satisfy some people and that they will kill you if you don't kill them. I've seen this happen to idealists, including myself, in the course of my 63 years. Sometimes reality, as miserable as it can often be, is irresistible.

No, what you're seeing is the all too common ailment that afflicts one president after another - the affliction of feeling the need to involve the US in another needless military adventure while the nations who really ought to be doing the fighting and dying sit in the grandstands.
:thup:
Solution...nuke the feckin grandstands.

No, he's still the empty-headed community organizer he's been for years.

If that's true why are all his critics and opponents so miserably ineffective?

huh? why are his followers so disconnected from reality?

I wonder why the President's political opponents haven't been more effective in their efforts to impede his agenda? Why haven't they accomplished anything they said they'd do?

Ah, because Democrats control the Senate and the Oval Office? :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:That may be one of the more vacuous questions I've seen on here, Dis! It's the kind of nonsense the RDerp posts.

Republicans have spent the past six years promising to stop the President from doing all kinds of things. I guess they're just a bunch of full of shit liars.

We have seen Obama gradually morph from a leftist determined to change America to a pragmatist who has suppressed his fantasies and perhaps reluctantly embraced reality.

Or perhaps....Just thinking out loud here....Maybe your fears of someone wanting to change America into some muslim something or other were wrong from the beginning and you are just realizing it

I harbored no "fears" that Obama had any intention of changing America "into some muslim something or other." That is just plain silliness. He ran on a platform of change and like many Americans, I had high hopes for my president. It is clear at least to me that he has changed and I might add, for the better. Not all probs can be solved, as you may believe, by joining hands with our enemies and singing Kumbaya.

And here are 5 things that could go wrong with his 4-point plan:

Five things that could go horribly wrong with Obama s action in Iraq WashingtonExaminer.com
The biggest problem I see is this: People think ISIS is just camping out in the desert so a couple of daisy cutters dropped judiciously will solve the problem.
It isnt so.
They are in charge of some major cities. All they need to do is retreat to those cities, use the population is shields, as Hamas did in Gaza, and the problem goes away. America is not going to start bombing civilians.
Then we will have to send ground troops.
ISIS must be laughing their asses off.
The whole point is to get Iraqi, Kurds, moderate Syrian rebels, and othe ME allies fighting fundie terrorists...and now that Booosh's a-hole buddy Maliki is gone, things are looking up....it's much better than the Booosh/RW/chickenhawk/hater dupe jingoism/send in the 82 Airborne idiocy. Thank god no drama Obama is in charge, not you fools...

I dunno how committing to a war w/o an exit strategy is maturing, but then I never really saw why we had any gripe with Assad in the first place.
The exit strategy is simple when you don't actually ENTER lol. No gripe with the terrorist dictator Assad? Jeebus, watch some real news, hater chump lol...

Which is why I have no problem with chasing them out of Iraq with Iraqi help. Syria is an entirely different thing.

An excellent idea! We can arm and train the Iraqis so ... wait a minute. Isn't that how ISIS ended up with their fine American weapons in the first place?

Woo. Remind me not to get on your shit list.

Woo. Remind me not to get on your shit list.

You are very wise.

Forum List

Back