The Meaning Of “Go Along To Get Along”

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
As far as Paul Ryan goes, he is between the proverbial rock and a hard place. He does not want to lose the House, nor does he want more hardcore conservatives in the House who will block his global government agenda.

Respect The Office If Not Hillary?

This is the way to Ryan’s downfall:

Voters in Ohio’s eighth district, bordering both Cincinnati and Dayton, had their pick of 15 Republicans in a special election primary, including a pair of state senators.

Voters were represented for 25 years by the ultimate insider in Boehner, a professional politician who clawed his way to the top and wielded tremendous influence, so why would they choose to replace him with a complete unknown?

Meet Warren Davidson.

The native Ohioan is a self-made man with a distinguished and diverse background. He served as an enlisted soldier with such distinction he earned admission to West Point, where he majored in American history and minored in mechanical engineering. He went on to become a captain in the elite U.S. Army Rangers, then earned an MBA degree from the University of Notre Dame, graduating with honors.

Will super-conservative take Boehner's seat in House?
Posted By Garth Kant On 05/10/2016 @ 7:44 pm

Will super-conservative take Boehner’s seat in House?

Davidson begins well, but it is only a beginning. Far too many avowed conservatives went to Congress then went along to get along —— AND REELECTED AD INFINITUM —— as soon as they got off the bus.

Since Davidson served in the military my fear is that he will continue to think of the president as his commander in chief. Indeed, “go along to get along” means getting along with the president.

Should anybody intend to dispute my interpretation I insist they cite a single policy in the past 7 years and four months when Congress DID NOT go along to get along with the president. In fact, Congress did make a lot of noise while television made billions reporting horseshit, but when the chickens were counted Congress still gave him everything he wanted.

Worse still, it is not certain that Congress can, or will, reverse one big ticket item in the president’s legacy; Islam’s victory over America, a nuclear Iran, the ACA, open-borders forever, and 15 percent unemployment indefinitely head the list.

NOTE: Not giving this president his Supreme Court nominee is a small comfort for everything else Congress gave him. In addition to everything else the Senate gave him a known-liar (Kagan) and a known-racist (Sotomayor).

Let me close with a simple plan stated simply.

Every true conservative who makes it to Congress must be guided by one principle above every other:

FUCK THE PRESIDENT

Far too many avowed conservatives went to Congress then went along to get along —— AND REELECTED AD INFINITUM —— as soon as they got off the bus.
'My main job is to keep my job, to get reelected. It takes precedence over everything.'​

'Screw the next generation': Anonymous congressman writes tell-all and slams 'nation of naive, self-absorbed sheep' as he admits he never reads bills he votes on
By David Martosko, Us Political Editor For Dailymail.com
Published: 07:36 EST, 12 May 2016 | Updated: 11:15 EST, 12 May 2016

'Screw the next generation': Anonymous Dem congressman writes tell-all

The guy who wrote

3414E0C100000578-0-image-a-2_1463054931239.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/05/12/13/3414E0C100000578-0-image-a-2_1463054931239.jpg

has one helluva nerve. Aside from the perks members of Congress rake in, Americans would not be the sheep he makes them out to be if they were not lied to by television and politicians. Calling them naive for believing the lies they are repeatedly told is more appropriate than calling them sheep.

More to the point, not one of the thousands of wannabes that ran for Congress since the FDR presidency ever promised they would best serve their constituents by restricting every president to those powers enumerated in the Constitution and not one inch more. The several thousand who did go to Congress since 1932 turned blind eyes to presidents, and the Supreme Court, as the presidency grew like Topsy.

Both Houses of Congress is exactly why you have the filthy piece of garbage in the White House getting away with the things he got away with for over 7 years. He did nothing more than increase the authority Congress has been giving presidents for more than eighty years. If the term Imperial Presidency applied to Richard Nixon than an Almighty Presidency certainly applies to the Chicago sewer rat who ran for office as the nation’s spiritual leader. When did one single member of Congress ever tell him where to shove his moral guidance? The answer is never; so perhaps everybody in Congress should be asking themselves why they go along to get along with garbage?

One final observation. Congressmen and congresswomen promise voters free stuff every two years. That is how they stay in the House for decades. Long-serving Senators are far worse. In addition to doing the same things members of the House do, senators betray the country for a president’s foreign policy agenda. Before anybody in either House calls Americans sheep they better take a good look in a mirror.

Congressmen and congresswomen promise voters free stuff every two years. That is how they stay in the House for decades.
A nice turn of phrase:

The anonymous legislator has caused a sensation in political circles by releasing a slim book called “The Confessions of Congressman X” that rips apart Washington as a “sinkhole of leeches.”

Is one of these congressmen the Capitol Hill whistleblower?
By Carl Campanile
May 14, 2016 | 2:02am

http://nypost.com/2016/05/14/is-one-of-these-congressmen-the-capitol-hill-whistleblower/

I do not know much about the other four, but I cannot see Charlie Rangel in the running. The man is a god to the parasite class. It isn’t likely he would refer to their cathedral as a “sinkhole of leeches.”

fotorcreated12.jpg

Clockwise from top right: Reps. Charles Rangel, Jim McDermott, Sam Farr, -Ruben Hinojosa and Steve Israel.
https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/05/fotorcreated12.jpg?

Of course there are no ancient parasitic Republicans in Congress!
To Fiero425: Parasites are eternal.

Lead poisoning in relation to the Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire offers the only evidence I know of that cannot be blamed on the parasite class.

XXXXX

Finally, parasites feasting at the public larder had more to do with bringing down every civilization, every empire, every country, every culture, than did any other factor. America will be no different.

The Decline & Fall Of The American Empire

Forum List

Back