The Most Disgusting Song of All Time

You offered examples of people doing bad things who happen to not be Religious.

You did not provide any moral scripted in a Religious text that cannot be arrived at by Man through reason alone, without God or Religion.

Not one. Not a single one that cannot be arrived at through reason.

Once again you have proven to be as resistant to learning as a vampire is to embracing a cross.

No surprises here.

:cuckoo:

You avoid the question because you cannot answer it. Your obscure references to immoral acts committed by the non-religious have naught to do with the question of where morals come from. They are anecdotal garbage, and they do not answer the question that you've ducked 3 times now.

You did not provide any moral scripted in a Religious text that cannot be arrived at by Man through reason alone, without God or Religion.

Once again you have proven to be as resistant to learning as a vampire is to embracing a cross.

No surprises here.

:cuckoo:

You avoid the question because you cannot answer it. Your obscure references to immoral acts committed by the non-religious have naught to do with the question of where morals come from. They are anecdotal garbage, and they do not answer the question that you've ducked 3 times now.

I get it: you're too stupid to understand the concepts involved.

OK.

Not everyone is equipped to participate.

You should go back to the task for which you are better prepared, using silly putty to lift the comic page. I’m sure somebody will open the egg for you.

concept: morality.

fact: you cannot name a moral that needed religion to exist.

Correct.

Religion has no monopoly on morality, far from it in fact.

Correct.

Religion has no monopoly on morality, far from it in fact.

The only example of "far from" is you, and education.

"blah blah blah other people's quotes blah blah im smawwt youre dumb" is the sum total of your boring smug existence.

So.....perhaps there is hope?

Maybe?

Lol, sort of a major buzzkill PoliticalChic.

Political divide, disputes between countries, wars of religion, etc are examples of some of the day to day stresses that consume people and prevent them from doing things they'd "like" to do. I agree with you in that this is reality and the best we got at the moment, however the song simply asks us to take a moment out of our day and imagine if we didn't have to worry about all those things. Like most art, it asks the listeners to relax and drift away for about 3 minutes.

Think you need to chill out.

Maybe?

Political divide, disputes between countries, wars of religion, etc are examples of some of the day to day stresses that consume people and prevent them from doing things they'd "like" to do. I agree with you in that this is reality and the best we got at the moment, however the song simply asks us to take a moment out of our day and imagine if we didn't have to worry about all those things. Like most art, it asks the listeners to relax and drift away for about 3 minutes.

" however the song simply asks us to take a moment out of our day and imagine if we didn't have to worry about all those things."

No it doesn't.

Don't, be afraid to look closely at the meaning.
Perhaps you need to concentrate harder.

Maybe?

" however the song simply asks us to take a moment out of our day and imagine if we didn't have to worry about all those things."

No it doesn't.

Your argument boils down to you being the one who will tell everyone else what an author is feeling or saying. Your interpretation is the only one that is right. People are not capable of evaluating works of art, poetry and witten works without your quidence and extreme wisdom. You are more intelligent than everyone else, even the creators of the art, poetry or written works. Oddly, you profess to be in favor of freedom. That doesn't seem to include freedom of thought.

No it doesn't.

Hey, all I did was tell you what the song means to me, and quite frankly you have zero authority to tell me I'm incorrect. A song is a song; it means something different to every person. I suppose then you're entitled to your opinion on it too. But to say absolutely you're correct is not right..

..that is unless you're John Lennon's beyond the grave ambassador, communicating to all of us less fortunate folks all of his real time thoughts on songs he wrote..

Last edited:
Chic------I am responding to your OP-----I am into this thread very late.

My comment-----I had my doubts about this song very early on....
like decades ago. It seems to me to be a commerical for every
IDIOTIC totalitarian utopian ideology-------like the ones that
inevitably lead to bloody genocide. The UTOPIAN STATE is the promise
of NAZISM, COMMUNISM, ISLAMICISM and a whole bunch of
other dangerous UNIVERSAL ISMS -------imagine---no countries----
imagine ---everyone wanting, doing and believing the same thing

OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back