The most embarrassing moment in US presidential interviews?

The question asked was what is the most embarrassing moment in presidential interview history. All of them involve Donald Trump.
We could trot out pretty much any number of examples, from "I have a big brain" to "I prefer people who aren't captured" to "I have the best words" to him talking about the size of his D I C K in a nationally-televised "presidential" debate, and it wouldn't matter.

Hundreds, thousands.

So the question is, are they just in a cult-induced denial, or is that just their level of communication?

We may never know.

Last edited:

Even when out of my league I can bullshit my way through it. This is laughable

This is beyond embarrassing and cannot be sustained

Biden was open and honest
He didn’t know the details of the Cyber attack and wanted to be correct. He stated, I will tell you what they sent me.
He then proceeded to give the official details.

Trump, in that situation, would have made shit up, blamed the attack on someone without proof, defended Putin and changed the subject to be about himself.

It is great having a responsible adult at President again.

Most embarrassing? Trump. Sharpies. Hurricane.
That was really bad...

I think the firing of Comey was worse (tight call) but he basically confessed... It wasn't that he committed a crime but he wasn't even smart enough to lie about it...

Injecting disinfectant will alway deserve a mention..

He didn’t know the details of the Cyber attack and wanted to be correct. He stated, I will tell you what they sent me.

Trump, in that situation, would have made shit up, blamed the attack on someone without proof, defended Putin and changed the subject to be about himself.

You can attempt to spin this all you want. It's a disaster. And you know it.

You should be mad at yourself for voting for this first. And to some extent mad at the Dems for even putting a candidate with this level of dementia on the ballot

Putin interview was terrible too.. He was sick of domestically making an idiot of himself...

He showed lack of experience in the G8 going only for shoving an other world leader out of the way...

But believing Putin was just out there, one of the biggest crooks in the last 50 years and the idiot believes him... Gullible or scared shitless, who knows...

Putin interview was terrible too.. He was sick of domestically making an idiot of himself...

He showed lack of experience in the G8 going only for shoving an other world leader out of the way...

But believing Putin was just out there, one of the biggest crooks in the last 50 years and the idiot believes him... Gullible or scared shitless, who knows...

Biden is a complete unmitigated disaster for the Democrats

Harris had 22 of her own people turn on her. Twenty two

This is Biblical. It is written all over. Wicked people get theirs.

Biden doesn't bullshit in these situations and that is obvious.. He rather look a bit awkward rather than saying something off the top of his head and have everyone spend a news cycle cleaning it up (do remember anyone that used to do that)...

Leaders don't always know what is going on especially in areas they have little experience like Cyber Warfare..

Yes awkward (probably didn't expect a question like that in a store) but he didn't bullshit US foreign policy, he look for what was agreed which he wrote down.. At least we have a leader that can read and write, it is a positive on the last guy...

You should be mad at yourself for voting for this first. And to some extent mad at the Dems for even putting a candidate with this level of dementia on the ballot

We’re not spinning Sue.

When you cast your vote for Donald Trump, you basically lost all of your ability to shame, criticize, denigrate, or insult the President because no matter what he says or does, Trump said or did something worse.

Trump wasn’t just uninformed, and stupid, when he didn’t know something he just lied about it or attacked person asking the question.

Sorry
I don’t consider that a disaster

Biden didn’t fake an answer. At 78, he is anything but an expert at cyber warfare. He stumbled at a response and finally acknowledged he needed to go to his notes. I will tell you what they sent me.
What more could you ask for?

Again, Trump would have just been making shit up and defending Putin.

Harris seems to have a chief of staff that got off on the wrong foot...

Harris isn't a yes man doormat for Biden... She wants to deliver on things too...

This is one case in the VP office... This was a daily story of the Trump's office for four years...

Let's see if Harris can right the ship again... Of course there is debate and bruised egos in an atmosphere like this.. But look at the results and also look how this is not in the President's office...

As this is "Biblical", Just compare to Trump or other administrations... It would be an issue in other admins but in Trump this is very mild..

That was really bad...

I think the firing of Comey was worse (tight call) but he basically confessed... It wasn't that he committed a crime but he wasn't even smart enough to lie about it...

Injecting disinfectant will alway deserve a mention..
I don’t think it gets any more embarrassing than mocking a handicapped person.

1625490367959.gif

Sorry
I don’t consider that a disaster

Biden didn’t fake an answer. At 78, he is anything but an expert at cyber warfare. He stumbled at a response and finally acknowledged he needed to go to his notes. I will tell you what they sent me.
What more could you ask for?

Again, Trump would have just been making shit up and defending Putin.

This is what they believe...

They prefer being bullshitted to authoritative voice rather than stumbling through the truth..

This is how Hitler got to power..

I believe this is very, very, very sad. I am not laughing.

As one cable TV hostess said this morning (yes, on FOX), that gentleman really should be resting and enjoying his retirement at home in Delaware surrounded by his loving family.

I think that it is becoming more apparent each day that this charade cannot continue for four years and that the adults in the room are preparing the Vice President to take over, either formally or informally.

Mr. Biden will always occupy a warm spot in many people's heart because he (reputedly) succeeded in winning in 2020 and ousting President Trump.

It now seems that the kindest thing to do is to gently and respectfully ease him out so that the United States can have a full-time President, even if it is the current Vice President. (If she does become the President, hopefully she will fill her vacant position with someone who can command the respect of both Democrats and Republicans.)

Stop trying to deflect to Trump. This is about yet another Xiden embarrassing moment.

Read the title of the OP

The most embarrassing moment in US presidential interviews?​

Biden is babbling fool.
But he is not foolish enough to fake a response on Cyber Attacks when he is not knowledgeable on the topic. He wisely referred to his notes.

A real fool (Trump) will fabricate a response and he will spend the next few days having his staff correct what “he really meant”

Question for those mocking Biden

How much trouble did Trump cause by freelancing a response when he didn’t know the answer?

His staff had to repeatedly cover for him and make Trump walk back his answer the next day. They even had to fabricate lies to cover for his blunder.
I meant to say “shouldn’t” instead of “should”
Cant you tell I was joking?
Let me get my Sharpie

Stop trying to deflect to Trump. This is about yet another Xiden embarrassing moment.

Read the title of the OP

The most embarrassing moment in US presidential interviews?​

Biden is babbling fool.
But he is not foolish enough to fake a response on Cyber Attacks when he is not knowledgeable on the topic. He wisely referred to his notes.

A real fool (Trump) will fabricate a response and he will spend the next few days having his staff correct what “he really meant”
I don't know why people think notes are a bad idea when discussing complex issues.

Or why it is somehow unique to this president.

Harris seems to have a chief of staff that got off on the wrong foot...

Harris isn't a yes man doormat for Biden... She wants to deliver on things too...

This is one case in the VP office... This was a daily story of the Trump's office for four years...

Let's see if Harris can right the ship again... Of course there is debate and bruised egos in an atmosphere like this.. But look at the results and also look how this is not in the President's office...

As this is "Biblical", Just compare to Trump or other administrations... It would be an issue in other admins but in Trump this is very mild..
I think a lot of new administrations have some embarressing moments in their first year - remember Obama's? Yet, he managed to right it with a "beer summit" and admit he was wrong.

Forum List

Back