The Myth of Voter ‘Fraud’ – More Ignorance and Lies From Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Trump on Wednesday once again tried to make a case for voter ID laws by using a grocery store analogy, inexplicably claiming shoppers need to show identification to buy cereal.

"The disgrace is that, voter ID. If you buy, you know, a box of cereal, if you do anything, you have a voter ID," Trump told the conservative news website The Daily Caller.

The President appeared to be referencing an earlier argument he'd made this summer -- that because photo identification is required for something as basic as purchasing groceries with a check or credit card, it should also be required in order to vote.

[…]

Trump has used other false examples to bolster his argument in favor of voter ID laws.

"The Republicans don't win and that's because of potentially illegal votes, which is what I've been saying for a long time," Trump said in the Daily Caller interview Wednesday.

[…]

However, there is well-established evidence that voter fraud is extremely rare, and the President did not provide evidence for the type of voter fraud he referenced.

For example, stealing someone's identity to vote is less likely than being struck by lightning, as the nonpartisan Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University School of Law put it.

In addition, election researchers and experts around the country who spoke to CNN ahead of the midterm elections all agreed that there is zero evidence of widespread voter fraud, whether by citizens or noncitizens.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/15/politics/cereal-voter-id-donald-trump/index.html

What Trump doesn’t understand is there is no Constitutional right to buy alcohol or cigarettes – there is a Constitutional right to vote, however.

Consequently, his ridiculous comparison fails, providing further proof of Trump’s ignorance and stupidity.

And Republicans lose elections because a majority of voters reject the Republican candidate who is wrong on the issues, having nothing to do with the myth of voter ‘fraud.’

Screw you, ID to vote helps insure election integrity, that's reason enough to have it and SCOTUS says it's constitutional. Now if we could just require proof of citizenship to register to vote, we'd be much better off.

Most states already require ID to vote.

Next whine...?

The problem here is, should you need ID to have something protected by the Constitution? Really ID could be made prevalent where everyone gets it, most countries have this.

Problem is some people think this is the next step towards a government database of people to be used for bad purposes. And that it's the right demanding this, often makes people worry.
Same way you need to register to purchase a firearm, which is also a constitutionally protected right. The problem for the brain-dead right is that we already have such requirements for voting at the state level and they can’t find adequate proof that illegal voting is anywhere near as rampant as they claim to warrant such an outrageous stunt as a federal voter ID.

Shit, even Republicans are against it as they could have submitted such legislation at anytime during the 6½ years while the controlled both chambers of Congress and the Executive branch in recent times — and they chose not to.

Don't be stupider than you have to be. Of course they care, they don't wanna get caught and deported. Hell kid they are afraid to go to the grocery store and you think they're gonna go to an official polling place? Get real!

And I suppose the election officials are gonna work for free?
YOU need to "get real" Illegal aliens have zero fear of being busted when they vote. The only thing that could identify them as an alien is requirement of proof of citizenship, and that is not the practice in any of the 50 states.

Illegal aliens have nothing to fear from the elections places. They go there and vote regularly. They can also vote by mail. They can even vote after being deported. They could vote from Guadalahara, Mexico, hundreds of miles from the US border. What is there to stop them ? Answer: NOTHING.

As for the election officials, yes, most of them DO WORK FOR FREE (volunteers), but even if they were paid, they're already there, so simply checking a proof of citizenship paper doesn't cost the taxpayers anything more.

And I'm 72 years old, so don't call me "kid" you punk.
You are too funny dude.

Why do you have to lie, loser?

Ohio voter registration rules
In order to register to vote in Ohio, you must meet these requirements:

• be a citizen of the United States.
  • be at least 18 years old on or before the next general election
  • be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote
  • not be currently incarcerated (in jail or prison) for a felony conviction. If you are an ex-felon and not currently incarcerated, you are eligible to vote in Ohio but you MUST re-register.
  • not have been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court
  • not have been permanently denied the right to vote for violations of election laws.
Dummy. I didn't say they don't expect you to be a citizen. I said they don't require PROOF of citizenship. So an illegal alien can go in, lie, and vote, Nobody checks him for PROOF. Got it ?

I'm off the computer. Football game time.

They only won 16. Republicans won 20. Not getting enough sleep ?

upload_2018-11-17_13-43-53-png.229325
Dumbfuck, Democrats flipped 7 states. You lost seats. It’s hysterical you’re too senile to comprehend that. :badgrin:

All it takes is a few votes to change an outcome. Even one persons’ vote being washed out by an illegal vote is one too many and outrageous.
DOJ Charges Nearly Two Dozen Illegal Aliens for Voting in the 2016 Election
‘Trump on Wednesday once again tried to make a case for voter ID laws by using a grocery store analogy, inexplicably claiming shoppers need to show identification to buy cereal.

"The disgrace is that, voter ID. If you buy, you know, a box of cereal, if you do anything, you have a voter ID," Trump told the conservative news website The Daily Caller.

The President appeared to be referencing an earlier argument he'd made this summer -- that because photo identification is required for something as basic as purchasing groceries with a check or credit card, it should also be required in order to vote.

[…]

Trump has used other false examples to bolster his argument in favor of voter ID laws.

"The Republicans don't win and that's because of potentially illegal votes, which is what I've been saying for a long time," Trump said in the Daily Caller interview Wednesday.

[…]

However, there is well-established evidence that voter fraud is extremely rare, and the President did not provide evidence for the type of voter fraud he referenced.

For example, stealing someone's identity to vote is less likely than being struck by lightning, as the nonpartisan Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University School of Law put it.

In addition, election researchers and experts around the country who spoke to CNN ahead of the midterm elections all agreed that there is zero evidence of widespread voter fraud, whether by citizens or noncitizens.

What Trump doesn’t understand is there is no Constitutional right to buy alcohol or cigarettes – there is a Constitutional right to vote, however.

Consequently, his ridiculous comparison fails, providing further proof of Trump’s ignorance and stupidity.

And Republicans lose elections because a majority of voters reject the Republican candidate who is wrong on the issues, having nothing to do with the myth of voter ‘fraud.’

Screw you, ID to vote helps insure election integrity, that's reason enough to have it and SCOTUS says it's constitutional. Now if we could just require proof of citizenship to register to vote, we'd be much better off.

Next whine...?

The problem here is, should you need ID to have something protected by the Constitution? Really ID could be made prevalent where everyone gets it, most countries have this.

Problem is some people think this is the next step towards a government database of people to be used for bad purposes. And that it's the right demanding this, often makes people worry.
Same way you need to register to purchase a firearm, which is also a constitutionally protected right. The problem for the brain-dead right is that we already have such requirements for voting at the state level and they can’t find adequate proof that illegal voting is anywhere near as rampant as they claim to warrant such an outrageous stunt as a federal voter ID.

Shit, even Republicans are against it as they could have submitted such legislation at anytime during the 6½ years while the controlled both chambers of Congress and the Executive branch in recent times — and they chose not to.

Why do you have to lie, loser?

Ohio voter registration rules
In order to register to vote in Ohio, you must meet these requirements:

• be a citizen of the United States.
  • be at least 18 years old on or before the next general election
  • be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote
  • not be currently incarcerated (in jail or prison) for a felony conviction. If you are an ex-felon and not currently incarcerated, you are eligible to vote in Ohio but you MUST re-register.
  • not have been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court
  • not have been permanently denied the right to vote for violations of election laws.
Dummy. I didn't say they don't expect you to be a citizen. I said they don't require PROOF of citizenship. So an illegal alien can go in, lie, and vote, Nobody checks him for PROOF. Got it ?

I'm off the computer. Football game time.

Prove it, liar.

It says' you must meet these requirements'.

[…]

[…]

Which states don't require proof of citizenship when registering?

All of them, Supremes say they can't. The VRA just says you only need say you're a citizen when you register, you don't have to prove it.

Judge rules Kansas can't require proof of U.S. citizenship to vote

Every voting place in America had Republican poll watchers. Meaning, Republican examiners were physically present from the time the voting facility opened until the time it closed. How many examples of these examiners submitting suspicious person names thought to be aliens are there?
I don't know where you got your "information" that "Every voting place in America had Republican poll watchers" I suspect it was from MSNBC, PBS, CNN, NYT, WP, or other such miscreants. Interesting how their stuff differs so widely from what is reported in in other sources.

I do recall that in Pam Beach County, the elections supervisor, Susan Bucher, objected to Republicans being in the room with the vote counters. She also got hit with a lawsuit from Florida governor Rick Scott. Scott’s Senate campaign filed the lawsuit, alleging that Bucher allowed her elections staff to duplicate ballots without witnesses as required by law. Bucher said her staff working in two-member teams would duplicate damaged or improperly completed ballots so they could be fed through scanners.
You conveniently changed the subject or narrative from one I referred to as representatives who examines voters when they come in and sign in to vote, to one about people watching and inspecting a vote count. Anyone who has ever voted knows the process of signing in at a table where party reps are present to witness voter's singing in. When a voter is in question, those are the people who are supposed to raise a question or challenge. So, I ask again, how many voters were challenged in person when they voted?

Are you nuts? I'm not wasting any time.reading an Infowars article.
Damn. You run even faster than Mr INVALIDATION CARD (Faun). Maybe they should sign you 2 up for the Olympics. You call be billed as the gutless duo.

PS - the 2 questions in Post # 87 are for you too. Or will you run from them too ?
LOLOLOLOL

Gramps again proves he’s senile by shaking his cane at posters who won’t waste more time investigating his links than he does.

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

[…]

[…]

Next whine...?

What commie state do you live in, I don't have to register shit to buy a firearm. I just go to the store and get it.

I wonder if Trumplicans know what kind of fools and morons they look like when they bring up the lie of voter fraud?
`
I have to remind myself from time to time, that hard core trump fans have elevated him and what what he says, to the status of a religion. I'm talking devotion here. There is nothing so cruel, immoral or illegal he can do that his followers will not rush to his side and defend him. There is nothing he can say that his fans will not treat as pure faith. There is no discussion or rationalizing, much less compromising, with these people.

trumps so-called "voter fraud commission" was never about voter fraud; the commission’s entire purpose was to legitimize voter suppression. The states got wind of that fast, even Wisconsin which was under a republican governor and legislature, refused to cooperate with that phony group.
`
:goodposting::iagree:

[…]

[…]

All of them, Supremes say they can't. The VRA just says you only need say you're a citizen when you register, you don't have to prove it.

Bullshit.

Proof of identity is required to register.
What proof is shown when getting an ID or DL?

I need to prove my identity when getting a driver's license. A birth certificate with raised seal or naturalization papers are required.

So my citizenship was already confirmed if I have a state issued ID.

Liar.

What state do you live in?
Show one state that requires PROOF of citizenship for voting. Go ahead.

I live in Florida. What does that matter ? No state requires PROOF of citizenship for voting.

And if you can call me a liar (when I'm telling the truth), I can call you >> IDIOT.

[…]

[…]

Bullshit.

Proof of identity is required to register.
What proof is shown when getting an ID or DL?

I need to prove my identity when getting a driver's license. A birth certificate with raised seal or naturalization papers are required.

So my citizenship was already confirmed if I have a state issued ID.

So does your State issue drivers licenses or IDs to non-citizens? I bet they do.

Are you claiming trump could have demonstrated voter fraud from the many states which did comply; but chose not to?
I didn't claim anything about the voter fraud commission. Nobody needs to do a voter fraud investigation. PROOF of citizenship should always be required when voting, no matter what.

Gramps again proves he’s senile by shaking his cane at posters who won’t waste more time investigating his links than he does.

it's not what I prove. it's what YOU prove. That you're a GUTLESS COWARD who won't read even half of the links I posted. Run rabbit, run.

And you won't read them, because you know they'll prove you wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back