The New and Improved what song are you listening to now thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like music from a broad spectrum of decades.

Robert Flack - The First Time Every I Saw Your Face.

(Early in my career, I worked in the music biz for four years - the music jones is deeply ingrained.)

I've never been able to get into floyd, although my husband is a fan.

Now playing:

Barenaked Ladies - Lovers in a Dangerous time

I have noticed that more fellas than ladies are into floyd... I even listen to zappa every once in awhile...although I have to admit to a bit of herb with old frank

And I cannot get into Frank either. I think he definitely is a Boi-thang. I worked at a Zappa concert at Berkeley Community Theater when I was in college. Two poignant memories. Frank insisted on beluga caviar with sour cream and BBQ potato chips for his dressing room - and his bodyguard, Mr. Smothers, nearly choked one of our security guards to death. He was a freak.

Now playing:

A3 - Woke Up This Morning

Originally posted by jon_forward
have to admit I do to...more from my era I believe

I WAS PROBABLY 5 OR 6 MAYBE WHEN THAT SONG WAS POPULAR..

I JUST REMEMBER WHEN I WAS STANDING IN THE BACK CENTER SEAT OF MY MOM'S BLUE RAMBLER JUST SINGING MY HEART OUT..

THE ERA BEFORE SEAT BELTS, CAR SEATS ETC...
GEE, WE ALL TURNED OUT OK WITHOUT THEM...MMM MAYBE NOT..

Originally posted by JAMES UHLRICH
I WAS PROBABLY 5 OR 6 MAYBE WHEN THAT SONG WAS POPULAR..

I JUST REMEMBER WHEN I WAS STANDING IN THE BACK CENTER SEAT OF MY MOM'S BLUE RAMBLER JUST SINGING MY HEART OUT..

THE ERA BEFORE SEAT BELTS, CAR SEATS ETC...
GEE, WE ALL TURNED OUT OK WITHOUT THEM...MMM MAYBE NOT..

most folks today think a blue rambler is a big ass house painted blue./....the time then was more....of a time of living life.,enjoying, smiling.....not experencing all the crap now a days....

Originally posted by jon_forward
most folks today think a blue rambler is a big ass house painted blue./....the time then was more....of a time of living life.,enjoying, smiling.....not experencing all the crap now a days....

Amen...
Boy those were the days !!

thats no joke...when you turned on the radio it didnt come on rught away...tubes had to warm up a bit...and what the hell was FM???? sure wasnt on my dial....

I could never get into Pink Floyd. Too repetetive, I guess. It always seemed like the sort of thing I'd probably love if I was high, but since I'm not, I don't like it. However, "Wish You Were Here" is a pretty good song, though the Johnny Rzeznick/Fred Durst/Wes Borland remake from that 9/11 concert blows the original out of the water (and that means a lot coming from me, since I HATE HATE HATE fred durst).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back