The New Independent Fundamental Baptist (New IFB) Movement

surada

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2021

KEY POINTS
The New Independent Fundamental Baptist (New IFB) movement is a loose network of independent churches concentrated in the U.S. connected by their belief in certain religious doctrines and a shared brand of deeply anti-LGBTQ and antisemitic teachings.
Pastor Steven Anderson founded the movement’s flagship, Faithful Word Baptist Church in Arizona in 2005, though most of the churches affiliated with the movement today were founded in the past five years.
New IFB pastors frequently call for LGBTQ people to be killed and make other disparaging, violent remarks about the LGBTQ community.
New IFB pastors promote antisemitism, claiming that Jewish people today worship Satan and are not “true” Jews.
Unlike many traditional evangelical Christian churches, the New IFB is staunchly anti-Zionist.
An extensive digital strategy allows New IFB pastors to reach millions of people online, despite attempts by tech companies to deplatform New IFB-affiliated channels for hate speech violations.
The New IFB movement is not affiliated with any mainstream Baptist denominations. They are a cult and have a 20 year history of sexual abuse of women and children.

(This is the church of the Duggars family who are also staunch Republicans .. not the be confused with the Baptist Church.)

Last edited:
Amazing how well western religion can serve fascism. It's almost like someone designed it that way

Amazing how well western religion can serve fascism. It's almost like someone designed it that way

These IFB people are especially crazy and there are lots of them..We have several on this board.

I dont believe this at all. Especially coming from a hacked out website like that.

Conservatives would absolutely do shit like that if they could get away with it. Lefties would too though.

I find these comments amazing. I do, really.

I'm an evangelical Christian. So is my husband. My daughter's best friend since 6th grade is gay. He came out in high school. She stayed friends with him. We love him. He is always welcome in our home. We don't endorse his sin, but then, we do not endorse OUR OWN sin. First. Since we don't endorse our own sin, who are we to bar him from our home because of his? Or....for pity's sake....throw him off a roof?

KEY POINTS
The New Independent Fundamental Baptist (New IFB) movement is a loose network of independent churches concentrated in the U.S. connected by their belief in certain religious doctrines and a shared brand of deeply anti-LGBTQ and antisemitic teachings.
Pastor Steven Anderson founded the movement’s flagship, Faithful Word Baptist Church in Arizona in 2005, though most of the churches affiliated with the movement today were founded in the past five years.
New IFB pastors frequently call for LGBTQ people to be killed and make other disparaging, violent remarks about the LGBTQ community.
New IFB pastors promote antisemitism, claiming that Jewish people today worship Satan and are not “true” Jews.
Unlike many traditional evangelical Christian churches, the New IFB is staunchly anti-Zionist.
An extensive digital strategy allows New IFB pastors to reach millions of people online, despite attempts by tech companies to deplatform New IFB-affiliated channels for hate speech violations.
The New IFB movement is not affiliated with any mainstream Baptist denominations. They are a cult and have a 20 year history of sexual abuse of women and children.

(This is the church of the Duggars family who are also staunch Republicans .. not the be confused with the Baptist Church.)

I find it almost surreal that anyone can look at the American landscape and even remotely think, "Yeah, the big problem we have are those fundamentalist Christian cults"

okay

I'm an evangelical Christian. So is my husband. My daughter's best friend since 6th grade is gay. He came out in high school. She stayed friends with him. We love him. He is always welcome in our home. We don't endorse his sin, but then, we do not endorse OUR OWN sin. First. Since we don't endorse our own sin, who are we to bar him from our home because of his? Or....for pity's sake....throw him off a roof?

Independent Fundamentalist Baptist is NOT Baptist or Evangelical. They teach that gays should be killed.

You seem to be a decent and peaceful person. Many are not like you.

You seem to be a decent and peaceful person. Many are not like you.

Thank you, but honestly, most people in my church are like this. This is exactly what Christ did. He had harsh words for people out actively trying to spiritually hurt others. He sat with, ate with, and walked with sinners. On purpose. And so we shouldn't exile ourselves. Seeing that we are sinners too.

Independent Fundamentalist Baptist is NOT Baptist or Evangelical. They teach that gays should be killed.

I just find it peculiar that this is a focus at all--and yet it is. There is SO much going on right now. A tiny cult that thinks gays should be killed is not a huge problem in our nation at the moment. But as we know, white Christians are the people acceptable to hate. So there it is, really.

Thank you, but honestly, most people in my church are like this. This is exactly what Christ did. He had harsh words for people out actively trying to spiritually hurt others. He sat with, ate with, and walked with sinners. On purpose. And so we shouldn't exile ourselves. Seeing that we are sinners too.
It wasn't that long ago that people were being burned alive by decent Christians. Wars have been fought. There is much violence in the history of that religion. I think the modern world changed the Christians that live in it.

Forum List

Back