Zone1 The New World Order (and related issues)

Most small planters also owned a few slaves.
I am not saying they did not. I am saying the large planters/businesses owned more and had more influence in Congress--not that the smaller businesses/planters did not agree with them.

I do however believe we can say that slavery was a British institution and Christian Americans ended it.
Are you capable of saying: "I do however believe we can say that slavery was a Christian British institution and Christian Americans ended it"?

Go to the archives.
Not interested. You seem to think I don't know small plantations, small businesses, and even individuals did not own slaves. I then looked into the percentages in the entire South. We may be on different trains of thought.

Not interested. You seem to think I don't know small plantations, small businesses, and even individuals did not own slaves. I then looked into the percentages in the entire South. We may be on different trains of thought.

Yes, they did. That's why I told you to go to the archives.

And I said I have no quarrel with the fact that small plantations were slave owners.

and also they were in the south entirely assimilated by the jurisprudence of christianity and why slavery flourished in southern states unabated for fear of the reprisal exacted as the same punishment against jesus and the events of liberation theology those people were willing to die for in the 1st century.

Are you capable of saying: "I do however believe we can say that slavery was a Christian British institution and Christian Americans ended it"?
Not really because it wasn’t a Christian thing at all. Christianity did not create the slave trade in America. The British did.

There is ample evidence that the Founding Fathers believed that slavery was against the Natural Law and intended for it to perish. There is also ample evidence that the British were responsible for establishing the slave trade in America and forbidding the mixing of races in America. Something that did not happen anywhere else in the world.

Except Jesus was none of those things, and He is the one we follow, not religion...
Believing in God is religion. If you look up Religion in the dictionary it defines it as ideas/practices surrounding a belief in God.. so let's just quit all this hair splitting baloney

As soon as you get it right.
Belief in God is faith, not religion...
Faith:
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

It leads to salvation:
(1 Peter 1:8-9) Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, mark for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

Stop getting hung up on religion. Religion doesn't save you. Christ does. Split that hair...

Unfortunately such people were fully in charge of the Catholic church at various times.
this sentence makes no sense.. Who are "such people"?

But I'll just get some reflexively-anti-Catholic baloney so maybe I don't need an answer after all

this sentence makes no sense.. Who are "such people"?

But I'll just get some reflexively-anti-Catholic baloney so maybe I don't need an answer.

Screenshot_20230123-173140-1-1.png

gunmetalblack-club-master-vp-131-frame-eyeglass-factory-outlet_1000x1000.jpg

Glad I could help. The point is, that at many points in history the people in charge were the ones doing it/enabling it/advocating it. Don't tell me the leaders didn't know what was done in the name of the church to indigenous people.

Forum List

Back