The NRA Said "The Only Way To Stop A Bad Guy With A Gun,..

is a good guy with a gun"

It turns out Alexis was armed only with a shotgun. He was able to take down those "good guys with guns" in the building to then use their handguns to kill more people.

What will LaPierre and the gun-nutters say now? :eusa_think:

He killed one (not plural as you indicated) security guard with a gun and used his gun when he could have accomplished the same thing by just bringing a second gun, and that to you proves what exactly?

it wasnt like it was a shoot out with the guard

he simply walked up to the guard and put the shotgun to his temple and pulled the trigger

the guard didnt even see it coming

It turns out Alexis was armed only with a shotgun. He was able to take down those "good guys with guns" in the building to then use their handguns to kill more people.

obama-lectern-seal-630-gettycopy.jpg

Apparently you are unfamiliar with a concept known as "the element of surprise..."

But that's the problem. The bad guy is ALWAYS going to have the element of surprise.

It's why we have 11,101 gun murders and only 200 self-defense homicides.

Still not a reason to deny me the right to own a firearm. Keep trying Joebutthurt.

. . . So Joe's theory is that, since there's no guarantee that armed people won't be surprised by the bad guys, no one should even bother to be armed at all? Exactly how is that going to improve things? In what way would it have prevented the Navy Yard shooting for the guards to have been unarmed as everyone else there was?

But that's the problem. The bad guy is ALWAYS going to have the element of surprise.

Still not a reason to deny me the right to own a firearm. Keep trying Joebutthurt.

No one wants to deny you the right to own a firearm. What We the People need to do instead is make sure that whackjobs like Alexis don't have access to guns.

And have you a suggested plan for that?

. . . So Joe's theory is that, since there's no guarantee that armed people won't be surprised by the bad guys, no one should even bother to be armed at all? Exactly how is that going to improve things? In what way would it have prevented the Navy Yard shooting for the guards to have been unarmed as everyone else there was?

who says the theory has to make any sense

remember this is coming from folks that believe

that bad guys obey gun free zone signs

He killed one (not plural as you indicated) security guard with a gun and used his gun when he could have accomplished the same thing by just bringing a second gun, and that to you proves what exactly?

he simply walked up to the guard and put the shotgun to his temple and pulled the trigger

Right, because he knew who the one person with the gun was. Other people having guns would have made it so killing the one guy with the uniform on wouldn't work. I'm not seeing any argument here for that making it a pro-gun law situation at all.

I'm sure you have a link proving that,...I'd hate to think you are another radical right wing extremist making up lies :eusa_think:

I'm sure you have a link proving that,...I'd hate to think you are another radical right wing extremist making up lies :eusa_think:

at the first press briefing it was stated that the shooter shot the guard in the temple

here is a news link

The suspected gunman shot a security officer in the head, killing him, and took the officer's 9 mm pistol and a magazine of ammunition. The shooter then continued through the building and seemed to target his victims, who were mostly on the third and fourth floors, Bensen reported.

12 Victims Killed, 8 Wounded in Shooting at D.C. Navy Yard, Suspected Gunman Killed | NBC4 Washington

who says the theory has to make any sense

remember this is coming from folks that believe

that bad guys obey gun free zone signs

Well, as to that, I say the theory has to make sense.

I'm hard to get along with that way.

Obviously looking like an idiot doesn't bother you, but simple google searches would eliminate at least the obvious times if it matters to you at all.

Still waiting for you to post something that actually supports your crackpot theories, rather than just sniping at people responding to your whackadoodle notions.

As far as I'm concerned, THIS post of yours is a giant banner emblazoned, "I SAID SOMETHING STUPID AND I KNOW IT AND NOW I'M RUNNING AWAY!" The next post like it will be a white flag of surrender.

Still waiting for you to post something that actually supports your crackpot theories, rather than just sniping at people responding to your whackadoodle notions.

As far as I'm concerned, THIS post of yours is a giant banner emblazoned, "I SAID SOMETHING STUPID AND I KNOW IT AND NOW I'M RUNNING AWAY!" The next post like it will be a white flag of surrender.

I'm still not seeing the argument they are making. With our gun laws, Alexis knew that if he took out the uniformed guard that he was likely to not face much resistance. He was right. That seems like a clear example of the stupidity of our gun laws, not support for them. But the leftist nut jobs like blacklabel can't make a well formed argument on what their point he killed the guard is supposed to mean exactly.

Obviously looking like an idiot doesn't bother you, but simple google searches would eliminate at least the obvious times if it matters to you at all.

true it is pretty easy to find

The man was shot in his left temple and the injury "was not survivable by any stretch," Sarani told reporters, adding he was unsure what type of weapon was used or whether the bullet had exited the victim's body.

At least 12 dead in shooting at Navy Yard in Washington D.C. | JPost | Israel News

If you snooze, you lose.

This tragedy could have been prevented.

By taking everyone else's guns away?

Not everyone. Not every gun. What part of the word "control" throws you gomers & goobers off so much?

In case you failed to notice, Cheezebrain, the OP is telling us that selected people having guns is no good at all, presumably as an argument that no one should have guns at all . . . except the homicidal psychos, who don't obey gun laws, but I don't expect him or you to have the grey matter to comprehend that.

Forum List

Back