🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

Because they weren't.
Ah. So training to kill and die for the Emperor makes them innocent bystanders!

Me thinks you’re extremely ignorant of history.

Every single male age 15 to 60 and every single female age 17 to 40 was trained to kill and die for the Emperor when we landed on the Japan mainland.

1667504263478.jpeg

Miles, Rufus E. “Hiroshima: The Strange Myth of Half a Million American Lives Saved.” International Security, vol. 10, no. 2, 1985, pp. 121–40. JSTOR, https://doi.org/10.2307/2538830. Accessed 3 Nov. 2022.

Fact is I knew a number of guys who were preparing for the invasion and a number who were in the occupation forces.​

The invasion would have killed millions​

There Are No Civilians in Japan

Allied military planners faced a bitter truth as they planned for a possible invasion of Japan: there were no distinctions between soldiers and civilians.

Miles, Rufus E. “Hiroshima: The Strange Myth of Half a Million American Lives Saved.” International Security, vol. 10, no. 2, 1985, pp. 121–40. JSTOR, https://doi.org/10.2307/2538830. Accessed 3 Nov. 2022.
As I correctly noted. It was a projection. It isn’t a “strange myth.”

You don’t buy the projections for a number of reasons. Ok. But here’s the thing:

I don’t buy the retrospective analyses that revise those projections.

More scholarly and better supported than the above is this piece:

Sorry Unk. I get the fact that this is kind of personal for you. But here I believe your personal bias is leading you astray.

Ah. So training to kill and die for the Emperor makes them innocent bystanders!

Me thinks you’re extremely ignorant of history.

Every single male age 15 to 60 and every single female age 17 to 40 was trained to kill and die for the Emperor when we landed on the Japan mainland.

View attachment 720441
:lol: What a dope.

That was a propaganda program meant to bolster the very much flagging support for the war among a starving and demoralized public. I have, in my time, spoken to many people who were alive at the time. People knew what it really was, and many scoffed at it in private. Participation was mandatory, but if the US Marines really rolled up on the beach nobody was gonna get their ass killed by trying to take out a Marine with a stick.

Propaganda from 77 years ago, meant for domestic consumption and here you are still falling for it.

Operation Overlord from June to August 44 resulted in over 425,000 Allied and German casualties.

Three months.

Only a loon could think Japan would’ve been easier.
Invasion or incinerating hundreds of thousands of civilians in an instant were not the only options.

I’m the one (of the two of us) with common sense in this matter.

The upper range of deaths caused by the two atomic bombings is about 226,000 people. Had the United States tried to invade the Japanese Empire main island, and the other islands, the death toll was projected as being vastly higher for bothebJapanese people AND for American GI’s alone.

To the extent that those projections were believed to be accurate, then as disgusting as the use of atomic weapons was, their use probably saved lives.
The Pacifist Term "Non-Combatant" Is a Contradiction in a Combat Zone

If anyone doesn't believe in the suicide-fetish of the Japanese, he should consider the aborted mainland invasion's dress rehearsal in the Battle of Okinawa. Every single Japanese soldier and sailor died (80,000) and half (150,000) the "civilian" population.

:lol: What a dope.

That was a propaganda program meant to bolster the very much flagging support for the war among a starving and demoralized public. I have, in my time, spoken to many people who were alive at the time. People knew what it really was, and many scoffed at it in private. Participation was mandatory, but if the US Marines really rolled up on the beach nobody was gonna get their ass killed by trying to take out a Marine with a stick.

Propaganda from 77 years ago, meant for domestic consumption and here you are still falling for it.
Tell us what civilians did on Okinawa.

"The international law of armed conflict has evolved considerably since 1945, and an attack like that against Hiroshima would be illegal today. It would violate three requirements of the law of armed conflict codified in the 1977 Additional Protocol I to the Geneva Conventions: to not intentionally attack civilians (the principle of distinction); to ensure that incidental damage against civilians is not excessive compared to the direct military advantage gained from an attack against a lawful target (the principle of proportionality), especially where, as here, the value of the identified military targets in Hiroshima was modest; and to take all feasible precautions to minimize collateral damage against civilians (the precautionary principle)."

"The international law of armed conflict has evolved considerably since 1945, and an attack like that against Hiroshima would be illegal today. It would violate three requirements of the law of armed conflict codified in the 1977 Additional Protocol I to the Geneva Conventions: to not intentionally attack civilians (the principle of distinction); to ensure that incidental damage against civilians is not excessive compared to the direct military advantage gained from an attack against a lawful target (the principle of proportionality), especially where, as here, the value of the identified military targets in Hiroshima was modest; and to take all feasible precautions to minimize collateral damage against civilians (the precautionary principle)."

Hilarious!
Let’s talk about Japan and International law.

Let’s have some target practice with our prisoners!
1667505766169.jpeg

Free haircuts!
1667505809224.jpeg

1667505832981.jpeg

Weight loss programs!
1667505902384.jpeg

I don't see anyone rationalizing, justifying, or excusing war crimes committed by the Japanese military.
Look, I know you’re a teacher so obviously you’re oblivious to the real world, but in August 1945 the Japanese were raping and murdering civilians and our troops.

We put it to an end.

So fuck you for wanting it to continue any longer.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Look, I know you’re a teacher so obviously you’re oblivious to the real world, but in August 1945 the Japanese were raping and murdering civilians and our troops.

We put it to an end.

So fuck you for wanting it to continue any longer.
How about fuck you for dragging the good name of The United States of America through the mud by trying to paint us as being at the same level of moral turpitude as the Axis Powers. We're better than that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back