The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

You thought WHAT ...?

That you have been doing nothing but talking out your ass all along, liar.
You attracted to toobs ass there huh kid...……………...

You and Salty can go be stupid together somewhere else.
Make me farthead

"Make me"? You're a 13 year-old boy?
No just pointing out that you are making internet demands as though you are in charge. The fact is that you have no way to enforce your babyshit demands so it would seem that you are a pouting 8 year old girl

Grow up

Surely it was obscene for us to nuke Nagasaki just three days, 72 hours, after we had nuked Hiroshima.
After 3.5 years of war, after countless tortures of prisoners. After 10's of thousands murders of helpless prisoners of war. After 3.5 years of torture and murder of American citizens......

You don't hold America to a higher standard than WWII Imperial Japan? Really? That's insulting.
America has and always did have a higher standard,

Nukem dead

You don't hold America to a higher standard than WWII Imperial Japan? Really? That's insulting.
You do not have the intelligence nor knowledge of history to articulate how America was not, upholding a higher standard.

And you call yourself a history teacher Again you do nothing but troll. It would be even sadder if you claim you are not trolling.

On August 9, 1945, just three days after we nuked Hiroshima, and before Japan’s leaders had sufficient time to process and respond to our nuclear attack on Hiroshima, we dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Nagasaki,​

Surely it was obscene for us to nuke Nagasaki just three days, 72 hours, after we had nuked Hiroshima.

Mikegriffter1 inserts much of his/her own prejudices and bigotry into his OP. Obscene? Such a sensational descriptive inserting emotion and rage into your opinion of history.

But, to the point. A simple question, not asked, and which is more important than anything else posted.

How many days should we have waited between bombs?

Whatever labored, embarrassing arguments one can make for the nuking of Hiroshima cannot be made for the nuking of Nagasaki just three days later. .
What a pretentious elitist snob of an ass you are.

You begin by insulting anybody who disagrees with your opinion. That makes this a simple troll thread.

You also dictate that everyone is wrong, hence you set a rule that only you are right.

Yes, many responses, which I understand gives you a feeling of accomplishment. But again I am pointing out how you failed and again I will point out that you will not be able to save your OP from another obvious failure on your part.

This failure is your lack of character, as well as your basic lack of respect while engaging others.

After 3.5 years of war, after countless tortures of prisoners. After 10's of thousands murders of helpless prisoners of war. After 3.5 years of torture and murder of American citizens......

Nukem dead

Those are not the words of an American, just a punk.

Nukem dead

So Truman was not American

Sillypoo

The Japanese were not even able to get a scientific team to Hiroshima until August 7, the day after the attack. .
A scientific team? That is a strawman argument. So much of your OP is simply over the top hyperbole, versus regular hyperbole.

Everything the japanese needed to know, was known 30 minutes after the bomb was dropped.

Hiroshima is gone. Time to process? 30 minutes

Time to write and announce, "We surrender", 5 minutes

Can you get any more barbaric and inhumane? First of all, the number of Japanese civilians that we killed dwarfs the number of American citizens that the Japanese killed. We excoriated the Japanese for bombing a few cities in China, but then we turned around and bombed over 60 Japanese cities and killed over 500,000 civilians in the process, most of them women and children. But you just don't care, do you?

It is sad that you can't even admit that nuking another Japanese city three days after Hiroshima was unbelievably cruel and barbaric. Even McGeorge Bundy was willing to admit that that was wrong.

Second, we murdered thousands of Japanese POWs and Japanese soldiers who were trying to surrender. Even worse, the Soviets murdered most of the hundreds of thousands of Japanese POWs they took in Manchuria and the Kuriles. Yet, we let the Soviets put judges on the war crimes tribunals that were held in Europe and Asia after the war.

Last edited:

Can you get any more barbaric and inhumane? First of all, the number of Japanese civilians that we killed dwarfs the number of American citizens that the Japanese killed. We excoriated the Japanese for bombing a few cities in China, but then we turned around and bombed over 60 of Japanese cities and killed over 500,000 civilians in the process, most of them women and children.

It is sad that you can't even admit that nuking another Japanese city three days after Hiroshima was unbelievably cruel and barbaric. Even McGeorge Bundy was willing to admit that that was wrong.

Second, we murdered thousands of Japanese POWs and Japanese soldiers who were trying to surrender. Even worse, the Soviets murdered most of the hundreds of thousands of Japanese POWs they took in Manchuria and the Kuriles. Yet, we let the Soviets put judges on the war crimes tribunals that were held in Europe and Asia after the war.
Fuck you nippy, I would have dropped those bombs myself

Can you get any more barbaric and inhumane?
I am simply discussing what happened in history. There in no inhumanity or barbarism in me. That you attach inhumanity and barbarism to my words on a message board reflects your character, not mine.

1st it shows what you dictate what others must think of me. You simply can not present your opinion than allow us to share the facts we know. You first dictate what all responses to your OP indicate of the individual posting them.

On that basis alone, you have failed to support your premise. You have created a troll thread. 1st dictating that everyone who posts facts that counter your opinion are simply immoral.

You have posted revisionist history I have easily proven wrong. You do so, to flame, to troll, to demean, and anger good people. Insults disguised as history. Again you failed at proving the premise of this thread.

As you can see, I am going through your OP tearing apart your cheap posts. It is very easy to do.

I can not let your rants and protests and your tantrums distract too much. I am having lots of fun showing the fallacy in your OP.

Nukem dead

So Truman was not American

Sillypoo

Show me a quote from puppet Truman saying that slaughtering civilians with the glee you expressed is an American value.

Can you get any more barbaric and inhumane? First of all, the number of Japanese civilians that we killed dwarfs the number of American citizens that the Japanese killed. We excoriated the Japanese for bombing a few cities in China, but then we turned around and bombed over 60 of Japanese cities and killed over 500,000 civilians in the process, most of them women and children.

As if the likes of you would ever be in a position of authority.

As if the likes of you would ever be in a position of authority.
Okeedokee Nippy, what was th

Bye

Even McGeorge Bundy, who helped Henry Stimson write his defense of the atomic bombing of Japan, acknowledged that Truman was too quick to nuke Nagasaki:

"It is hard to see that much could have been lost if there had been more time between the two bombs. . . . Such a delay would have been relatively easy, and I think right."​

McGeorge Bundy? This is how weak, how pathetic, mikegriffith's opinion is. So weak and flimsy is his ideas of morality that, mikegriffter must begin his OP using McGeorge Bundy as the basis of his opinion.

McGeorge Bundy was a Lieutenant in the Army during WW II !!!!!

I will argue that Gomer Pyle knew more during WW II than Bundy!!!!!

What does it say about the OP, about it's author, that this is the basis of all they believe? What did Bundy say the day after the bomb was dropped?

Thank God the War is over

You really are a fool, nothing more.

Morality, arguing morality with those who would marry their daughter and or have 10 wives that are underage makes me the fool.

Whatever labored, embarrassing arguments one can make for the nuking of Hiroshima cannot be made for the nuking of Nagasaki just three days later. .
What a pretentious elitist snob of an ass you are.

You begin by insulting anybody who disagrees with your opinion. That makes this a simple troll thread.

You also dictate that everyone is wrong, hence you set a rule that only you are right.

Ironical post is ironical. And oblivious to self-awareness.

Whatever labored, embarrassing arguments one can make for the nuking of Hiroshima cannot be made for the nuking of Nagasaki just three days later. From my article "Did We Really Need to Use the Atomic Bomb Against Japan?":

On August 9, 1945, just three days after we nuked Hiroshima, and before Japan’s leaders had sufficient time to process and respond to our nuclear attack on Hiroshima, we dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Nagasaki, which was home to Japan’s largest Christian population. The atomic bombing of Nagasaki was even more inexcusable than the nuking of Hiroshima. . . .

On August 9, we nuked Nagasaki, just three days after Hiroshima, and hours after the Soviets began to maul the Japanese army in Manchuria,, and while Japan’s civilian leaders were understandably absorbed with trying to process what had happened to Hiroshima and with responding to the Soviet attack in Manchuria. Surely Truman and other high officials knew that three days was not enough time for Japan’s government to formulate a formal response to the unprecedented use of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and to the Soviet invasion in Manchuria. Even McGeorge Bundy, who helped Henry Stimson write his defense of the atomic bombing of Japan, acknowledged that Truman was too quick to nuke Nagasaki:​

"It is hard to see that much could have been lost if there had been more time between the two bombs. . . . Such a delay would have been relatively easy, and I think right." (https://miketgriffith.com/files/immoraluse.pdf)
The Japanese were not even able to get a scientific team to Hiroshima until August 7, the day after the attack. Meanwhile, Japan's leaders were getting conflicting, fragmentary information about what had happened in Hiroshima. Some Army officials were telling the government that the bombing of Hiroshima was merely a very large conventional bombing raid, and they were suppressing information about the kinds of wounds that had been inflicted. There was no Internet back then, no fax machines, no Skype.

Why bring this up now-you weren't there and its over. Move on.

Whatever labored, embarrassing arguments one can make for the nuking of Hiroshima

There are low life scums, and I must say, you are one. Period.

First, you are nothing but a dirty filthy liar.
Second, you are a weak pathetic coward.

You are a MORMON!!!

You started a thread based on your religious belief. That killing is immoral according to the Mormon religion. You hunt around the internet to find what other people state, and attempt to present the quotes as fact, instead of expressing the Mormon church view. Many of the quotes given, are cherry picked and taken out of context. I have not seen links to your quotes? I have asked for them but have not been given them. That is because you know that you arguing as a mormon while hiding behind what others say.

The mormon's religious choice is impossible to defend, as we have seen, by the weak pathetic use of revisionist history written by others.

That is a cowardly way to present your religion's (as well as your) moral choice.

Forum List

Back