🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

The fat lady not only has sung, but she's already walking back on stage for her second encore Aria.

OWS is failing, the numbers at the sites are bolstered by the homeless of the locale and various thugs looking for a quick score of sex, drugs or something to steal. No one is talking about income inequality except for OWS and a few supporters as CNN and MSNBC. People really do not care about income inequality. They don't think about it. The very rich are as invisible as the destitute living on skid row. What OWS is trying to do is infuse envy with militancy. The majority of people are too invested in their own lives to be moved to protest and militancy by envy.
Billions of people around this planet care about income inequality.

Millions of Americans can't understand why their country has experienced seven million home foreclosures in recent years at the same time we have more homeless people than ever before.

Millions of Americans don't understand why we have underutilized resources like unemployed labor and empty buildings at the same time we have huge unmet needs like fighting poverty, promoting development and retrofitting the economy.

What's your answer, class envy?

The Globalization of Protest - Joseph E. Stiglitz - Project Syndicate

How about....

To much government intrusion.

We don't need President Obama's retrofits. The market is much smarter than he is.

Can you say Solyndra ?
Can you spell TARP?

Billions of people around this planet care about income inequality.

Millions of Americans can't understand why their country has experienced seven million home foreclosures in recent years at the same time we have more homeless people than ever before.

Millions of Americans don't understand why we have underutilized resources like unemployed labor and empty buildings at the same time we have huge unmet needs like fighting poverty, promoting development and retrofitting the economy.

What's your answer, class envy?

The Globalization of Protest - Joseph E. Stiglitz - Project Syndicate

How about....

To much government intrusion.

We don't need President Obama's retrofits. The market is much smarter than he is.

Can you say Solyndra ?
Can you spell TARP?

That is a counter ???

You are kidding, aren't you ?

When I used to participate on US Politics On-Line, I made a prediction there that something like Occupy would emerge. I made this prediction before the Wisconsin protests started, based on my knowledge of the simmering insurgency from the left that existed on-line but was not visible yet to those who depended on the old media. I was not believed. I was right.

I will now make another prediction. This movement may change form, but it will not go away. We will see more and different activities from it over the next year, keeping the issues of money in politics and economic injustice in view. It will grow, and take forms that will become a permanent fixture in our political culture (as the occupation of public parks really can't). In doing so, it will create a structure of direct democracy that will eventually replace the representative plutocracy we have today -- although probably not very soon.

We face the same fork in the road we have faced in the past, when the greedy overreached and popular opposition. We as a nation must choose between reform and revolution. We have always chosen reform before. Will we do that again, or dig in our heels as you on the right would seem to prefer, until we have a revolution instead?

Good luck with all that.

I have never owned a gun. I'll own one long before we get to what you are describing.

Good luck with all that.

I have never owned a gun. I'll own one long before we get to what you are describing.

I was right before, when people thought I wasn't because they thought the left was dead. I'm right now, too. Reform or revolution. There is no third course possible.

OWS has a job, and they are doing it well.

Right you are comrade, our job is to smoke pot, drink beer and shit in the streets.

I should be one of the head leaders, this is a job I've been doing since the 1970's - I'm an expert.

OWS has a job, and they are doing it well.

Right you are comrade, our job is to smoke pot, drink beer and shit in the streets.

I should be one of the head leaders, this is a job I've been doing since the 1970's - I'm an expert.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g18dKrWwGMU]Dayglo Abortions Drink beer-Smoke pot - YouTube[/ame]

Good luck with all that.

I was right before, when people thought I wasn't because they thought the left was dead. I'm right now, too. Reform or revolution. There is no third course possible.

Spare me.

We could preserve the Status Quo.

Wow....that took a lot.

I hear the OWS is saying they want to remain where they are till 2025.

Seems like the movement isn't moving. 3rd world tent cities all over America. What a great movement Obama has decided to support.

Do they actually think they will be allowed to stay where they are indefinitely?:cuckoo:

There have been 3rd world tent cities all over America for decades, it's gotten worse in the last 10 years. You just didn't pay attention until they got to Wall Street.

Sorry Nostradamos, but Yes we can.

You proclaiming this does not make it so. The status quo takes the form of widening income gaps, the loss of the middle class, and a totally corrupt political process that has ceased to be democratic and become plutocratic, and so lost the support of the people. It is untenable. If that weren't so there wouldn't even BE an Occupy movement, or a Tea Party movement either for that matter.

Reform or revolution. Those are our options.

2011-11-01-humor-1.jpg

We could preserve the Status Quo.

No, we can't. The status quo is untenable.

That's why you can leave this country any time you want to. There are many countries where your view are practiced. Venezuela and Cuba are both rather close.

And won't take you unless you have money to live on coming from here. We're the only country in the world that allows foreigners to come in and take jobs from our own people.

That's why you can leave this country any time you want to.

Or, then again, because I love my country, I can stay and fight for it. Which do you think would be the more honorable course?

(BTW if I wanted to go somewhere that was more congruent with my own views I would choose western Europe, not Cuba. But then, I don't expect you to have a clue where I'm coming from. You'd have to give up too many of your own shibboleths to gain that understanding.)

Forum List

Back