🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Occupy Wall Street Movement is WORKING!!!

Sorry Nostradamos, but Yes we can.

You proclaiming this does not make it so. The status quo takes the form of widening income gaps, the loss of the middle class, and a totally corrupt political process that has ceased to be democratic and become plutocratic, and so lost the support of the people. It is untenable. If that weren't so there wouldn't even BE an Occupy movement, or a Tea Party movement either for that matter.

Reform or revolution. Those are our options.

To quote you: "You proclaiming this does not make it so."

Since the OWS movement has started, the conversation has shifted from the debt and deficit to JOBS and income inequality. Even the unctuous little twerp, Eric Cantor and the Budget Munster, Paul Ryan have been discussing income inequality. That can only be seen as a victory for the OWS movement.

Another victory for OWS comes from Bank of America who have decided NOT to charge people a ridiculous fee for using their debit cards.

Keep the pressure on!!!

:clap2:

Nice spin...OWS had exactly ZERO to do with B of A's change in plans. It was the hundreds of thousands of customers that bailed out on the bank.
You people on the left are living in a dream world.
Look genius, the only news reported about OWS is when they fuck up.
Or when like for instance Occupy Oklahoma City has had to erect a 'female only tent' because of sexual harassment of female campers. Or the thefts occurring at OWS in New York.....Or the riots in Oakland.
Other than that, nobody cares.
The only chance for a 'win' for OWS is if these people went to wherever it is they came from and started looking for and finding a job.

Its true.

The OWS movement has changed the debate.
That is an unrealistic view. That brush is broad enough to paint all 10 lanes of the George Washington Bridge simultaneously.

"the debate". Please.
Yppie skippie..someone told me OWS is making a difference! I believe!!!!!!....I believe!!!!!!!"
You people are lemmings.

Since the OWS movement has started, the conversation has shifted from the debt and deficit to JOBS and income inequality. Even the unctuous little twerp, Eric Cantor and the Budget Munster, Paul Ryan have been discussing income inequality. That can only be seen as a victory for the OWS movement.

Another victory for OWS comes from Bank of America who have decided NOT to charge people a ridiculous fee for using their debit cards.

Keep the pressure on!!!

:clap2:

BoA changed their minds due to OWES? Link?

Do you honestly believe it wasn't a factor? Really?

Bank of America fee retraction shows effect of consumer rage
No..Even you link states that. It was the eroding customer base.
Those slobs and freeloaders are appropriately named. "Occupiers". And occupier sits idle daring others to remove them. Well it appears even the liberal mayor of New York City ,Michael Bloomburg has had enough. Quite frankly I am surprised the people of NYC put up with the bums this long. New Yorkers are known for supporting the underdog. Right up until the underdog starts becoming a pain in the ass.
OWS people are one big pain in the ass.

"On one level, today’s protesters are asking for little: a chance to use their skills, the right to decent work at decent pay, a fairer economy and society. Their hope is evolutionary, not revolutionary.

"But, on another level, they are asking for a great deal: a democracy where people, not dollars, matter, and a market economy that delivers on what it is supposed to do.

"The two are related: as we have seen, unfettered markets lead to economic and political crises. Markets work the way they should only when they operate within a framework of appropriate government regulations; and that framework can be erected only in a democracy that reflects the general interest – not the interests of the 1%.

"The best government that money can buy is no longer good enough."

The Globalization of Protest - Joseph E. Stiglitz - Project Syndicate

That is a counter ???

You are kidding, aren't you ?
Too much government intrusion on Wall Street?
$13trillion in assorted taxpayer bailouts so far?
What's you plan...cut Social Security?

There has not been 13 trillion in bailouts and many of the banks have repaid their loans. In many instances we made a profit.
TARP funds have been largely repaid.
TARP was the tip of the iceberg.
There are $trillions in outstanding loan guarantees and other 1% crimes enacted through the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department.
When Europe finally has its Lehman Brothers moment, Wall Street's pet pigs in the US Congress will resume their squeals of "martial law."

No, but the difference here is that I, unlike you, have more than my own wishful thinking behind my prediction. As I said, I was right before; no one on the right (AFAIK) had any clue that something like Occupy could even happen. And I'm right about this, too: it's not going away, unless and until significant reform happens, or (at most extreme case) it achieves a revolution. I think that last is unlikely, based on historical similar movements. But it's only unlikely because reform is almost a certainty.

The arrogance of you people that totally dismiss the OWS movement is breathtaking.

If nothing else it shows that there are a lot of pissed off people out there.
The Tea Party movement shows the same.

Even if neither movement survives at the intensity or in the form they are now, and the participants go back to their homes and lives, there will still be a lot of pissed off people out there if their concerns aren't addressed - and they will just carry on getting more pissed off.

Taking over town squares or shouting at politicians at town hall meetings will release some of the steam for a while but the pressure will build up again.

It will be foolish to ignore them and just hope they go away.

As long as this OWS movement is seen as wanting to take away the wealth of any American and give it to someone else then they will fail to accomplish anything.

What in the world gives anyone the right to say "those guys have too much"?

You want more? Work harder or smarter.

Or you can join the anarchists, which is all I see when I look at these fools........

Too much government intrusion on Wall Street?
$13trillion in assorted taxpayer bailouts so far?
What's you plan...cut Social Security?

There has not been 13 trillion in bailouts and many of the banks have repaid their loans. In many instances we made a profit.
TARP funds have been largely repaid.
TARP was the tip of the iceberg.
There are $trillions in outstanding loan guarantees and other 1% crimes enacted through the Federal Reserve and Treasury Department.
When Europe finally has its Lehman Brothers moment, Wall Street's pet pigs in the US Congress will resume their squeals of "martial law."

The loan guarantees are for loans gone bad that American consumers ran on and are not paying back.
Respectfully, that is what a loan guarantee is. They are backing the depositors, American citizens. That is the $$ that banks loaned out.

The arrogance of you people that totally dismiss the OWS movement is breathtaking.

Even if neither movement survives at the intensity or in the form they are now, and the participants go back to their homes and lives, there will still be a lot of pissed off people out there if their concerns aren't addressed - and they will just carry on getting more pissed off.

Taking over town squares or shouting at politicians at town hall meetings will release some of the steam for a while but the pressure will build up again.

I don't dismiss them. I feel sorry for them because they are misguided.
My oldest son is 25, he works 2 jobs to pay his bills. His 2000 car was leaking oil yesterday. I taught him how to put in a valve gasket to stop the leak. Still cost him for the gasket, saved $$ on that labor and he also put in his own spark plugs, saving $70. He has 30K in college loans.
My youngest son is 21, graduated UGA at age 20, works 2 jobs and is starting another. He lives in Athens, Ga. still and rents a small apartment. He supports the occupy groups but he has no time to protest and pay his bills. He has 20K in college loans.
My daughter is 18, acts professionally and pays her own way. Freshman in college. Made 30K in one year acting and singing.

The Occutards claim they are against the current American free enterprise system, they oppose every aspect of it as it is unfair to them, they state that this system does not give them a chance and they believe it is unfair to everyone except the 1%ers, whoever the fuck they are.
Instead of FIGHTING FOR CHANGE, the 'tards want a larger piece of the pie of the very system they condemn.
Dumb asses they are. They have no clue what they want.

As long as this OWS movement is seen as wanting to take away the wealth of any American and give it to someone else then they will fail to accomplish anything.

Or you can join the anarchists, which is all I see when I look at these fools........

I know a bloke that is close to 70 years old.
I have known him for about 25 years.
He has a business doing trenching work for utility companies.
He has no employees.
He has one machine (a chain trencher), but can dig and re-instate by shovel with amazing speed and quality of work.
He is the hardest working fellow I've ever met.
He lives in a very modest cottage and takes no extended holidays - certainly never overseas.

I guarantee that he pays his full quota of tax.
Now, try and convince me that it's fair that rich people or corporations can get out of paying tax.

I don't dismiss them. I feel sorry for them because they are misguided.
My oldest son is 25, he works 2 jobs to pay his bills. His 2000 car was leaking oil yesterday. I taught him how to put in a valve gasket to stop the leak. Still cost him for the gasket, saved $$ on that labor and he also put in his own spark plugs, saving $70. He has 30K in college loans.
My youngest son is 21, graduated UGA at age 20, works 2 jobs and is starting another. He lives in Athens, Ga. still and rents a small apartment. He supports the occupy groups but he has no time to protest and pay his bills. He has 20K in college loans.
My daughter is 18, acts professionally and pays her own way. Freshman in college. Made 30K in one year acting and singing.

The Occutards claim they are against the current American free enterprise system, they oppose every aspect of it as it is unfair to them, they state that this system does not give them a chance and they believe it is unfair to everyone except the 1%ers, whoever the fuck they are.
Instead of FIGHTING FOR CHANGE, the 'tards want a larger piece of the pie of the very system they condemn.
Dumb asses they are. They have no clue what they want.

But, that's the thing.
You're dismissing them because of the idiots that appear on the telly.
Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of nutcases involved and they make great tv.

Looking for a cohesive message might be a waste of time.
With many it could be as simple "I work my arse off but can't make any headway, I see rich pricks getting government bailouts and paying no tax...where's the fairness in that?".

No, but the difference here is that I, unlike you, have more than my own wishful thinking behind my prediction. As I said, I was right before; no one on the right (AFAIK) had any clue that something like Occupy could even happen. And I'm right about this, too: it's not going away, unless and until significant reform happens, or (at most extreme case) it achieves a revolution. I think that last is unlikely, based on historical similar movements. But it's only unlikely because reform is almost a certainty.

Don't flatter yourself.

You can be claim to have been right before....and I can claim to have been to the moon.

You don't know if it's going away.

You give yourself far to much credit.

He has no employees.
He has one machine (a chain trencher), but can dig and re-instate by shovel with amazing speed and quality of work.
He lives in a very modest cottage and takes no extended holidays - certainly never overseas.

Now, try and convince me that it's fair that rich people or corporations can get out of paying tax.

Never said they should get out of paying taxes.............. I pay mine, and always have......
You want some of my money? Uncle Sam just took a nice little chunk out of me Was that to give to you?

If you people think OWS influenced BOA's decision, You are even More Stupid than I thought.

BOA is responding to mass Account Cancellations and threats of Cancellations. Not OWS.

He has no employees.

Never said they should get out of paying taxes.............. I pay mine, and always have......
You want some of my money? Uncle Sam just took a nice little chunk out of me Was that to give to you?

Nope, I'm obviously too dumb or lazy to get out of paying my taxes.

Forum List

Back