The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The answer is yes.

If I call you an ignorant liberal douchebag, and you attack me for it and then I have to shoot you it is self-defense. I started it but you don't have the right to assault me for it.

What if you call me an ignorant liberal douchebag, I walk away, you follow me, and when I ask you why you're following me you reach for a gun? :eusa_think:

Do _I_ have a right to defend MYself?

Absolutely.

And I'm a white woman, just like several of those on the jury, and I would be finding Zimmerman guilty of manslaughter. A message needs to be sent to any other cop wannabe's. I don't want people like Zimmerman prowling around in my neighborhood, thinking they're above the law, killing kids who are on their way home from the corner store.

His behavior is also a threat to our gun ownership rights, because the more people like Zimmerman abuse the right to carry a weapon by killing innocent people, the more the tide will turn against gun ownership, and I don't want that to happen.

I'm a white woman and I also can be a bit of a bigot, if only in spoken word. Yes, I have used the "n" word in my life. But none of that matters, bottom line...the truth is the truth. Zimmerman caused this kid's death and Zimmerman needs to pay the price for doing that.

Just cycling through the news in the last hour, the Florida Seminole County law enforcement is gearing up for riots in the wake of a jury verdict, Jesse Jackson is urging calm if the verdict is innocent and to curb the celebrations if the verdict is guilty. . . .any doubt where he sees justice to be? :). . . .and Fox News commentators are expecting a verdict almost any time and are standing by. . . .

It would be nice to be done with this today.

WTH Fox news commentators expecting a verdict almost any time? Do they have a fly on the wall in the jury room? lol

The media needs to sit down and shut up about riots now. There's nothing going on other than the crayon signs sweating their asses off.

'Breaking News' any moment.

What a life. Not nearly as fascinating and great career as I once thought.

I think I would have been better suited for landscaping. Plants --nature must take its course.

I planted some acorn squash seeds that I had dried over the winter. In about a week there were sprouts--nothing more for a while. Now they are strong and thriving and taking over the garden. Whether they will produce squash remains to be seen. I read that some squash from grocery stores are hybrids and just won't produce. One seed got buried in some dirt on the patio and has now produced a squash. I will keep you posted.

Saying that the concrete didn't cause GZ enough injuries to be believable that he was in fear for his life is wrong because the presence of any injuries at all support the claim of self defense. To make this claim is the same as saying that the gun pointed at me is not big enough to cause damage, or my gunshot wound is just a flesh wound.

Where were the flashlights? Did the have fingerprints? DNA?

:lol:

Wait. First the defense is using the flashlights to point out that the incident started at the T Junction..and you are saying that the flashlights didn't belong to Zimmerman.

Which is it?

Did I say that? You claimed that Zimmerman is lying because he said the flashlight didn't work, I want to know what evidence you are basing that on.

You are the idiot that thinks the fact that Zimmerman's DNA was not found under Martin's fingernails proves Zimmerman was lying. Did they check the flashlights for DNA and fingerprints? Did they check them to see if they actually worked? Come to think of it, did they actually see they worked, and then bring them into court to prove Zimmerman was lying about it?Am I supposed to believe he is lying because it makes him guilty, or because you said so?

Oh "I'm" the idiot?

First sign of concession is the personalizing of the argument.

No..I suppose the police, who did a really awful job, didn't check the flashlights. But Zimmerman admitted to having at least one. And the defense used the area they were found as markers. So, the logical conclusion is that they felt they belonged to Zimmerman.

And as for not finding ANY of Zimmerman's DNA on Martin's hands or sleeves, it's you that doesn't find it odd that even though Martin was "pummeling" Zimmerman into a "pulp" and covering his bloody nose and mouth with his hands, no DNA was transferred.

As for the "it was washed off by the rain", hogwash, how the heck to Zimmerman's blood stay on his face and head? He had much more exposure to the "downpour" didn't he? It also seem to have no trouble staining his jacket and shirt.

By hunting down someone, and hunting them down with a gun.

Oh for f*ck sakes. If he wanted to hunt TM down with a gun he would have shot him the moment he saw him. He wouldn't have called 911 and waited for a f*cking fist fight before shooting him.

If GZ had done that, it would have been obvious murder. GZ WANTED it to look like an accident.

So he goes out at night wandering the neighborhood looking for a black kid that he can trick into attacking him. Calls 911 in advance. Finds just the right guy he can let beat him up enough but not too much, in an area with no witnesses. All so he can shoot him.

You've watched Oceans 11 way too many times.

Mustang and Quick should form a fantasy alliance and write a mystery book.
and make millions :D

when will obama and the media designate Aaron Hernandez as a white hispanic -- he did shoot and kill a black guy just like GZ.

Waiting to see how this thing plays out first before having to go to plan B. Plus the name of Hernandez is hard for them to push as white.

well, there are plenty Hernandez-es in Spain :D

How would one go about classifying such a person? White-Hispanic, tan-Hispanic, Black-Hispanic? Just trying to get the storylines straight.

Waiting to see how this thing plays out first before having to go to plan B. Plus the name of Hernandez is hard for them to push as white.

well, there are plenty Hernandez-es in Spain :D

How would one go about classifying such a person? White-Hispanic, tan-Hispanic, Black-Hispanic? Just trying to get the storylines straight.

no, they are simply white.

as are many Argentinians and Cubans.

How could he be charged with involuntary manslaughter when he intentionally shot Martin?

Shooting someone when you are getting your head beat into the ground is not intentionally shooting someone. Second degree murder involves an act of going after someone with the intent to shoot them. There is zero proof whatsoever that Zimmerman had the intent to shoot Martin from the beginning.

Involuntary manslaughter can be charged when a person creates a situation that leads to the death of another person. In this case, Zimmerman was told not to pursue Trayvon Martin, yet he chose to do so anyway. While there is no solid proof, it is obvious that by following Martin, a confrontation took place at which point it became physical and Zimmerman felt threatened enough to need to use deadly force with his gun. That most definitely could and should be considered manslaughter. The real determining factor then would only come down to what you believe actually happened. Did Martin just come out of the bushes and jump Zimmerman as he was walking back to his car as he testified, or did he lie. If you believe what actually happened is that Zimmerman initiated the confrontation, then you have involuntary manslaughter. If you believe Zimmerman's story that Martin just jumped him as he was walking back to his car, then you have an acquittal.
Audio evidence shows that he stopped following.
He was never TOLD to stop following.

Yes he was. He was told, "We don't need you to do that." Same thing.

After being told not to follow, do you think even the Worlds Dumbest Criminals would allow it to get onto tape. :badgrin:

Just cycling through the news in the last hour, the Florida Seminole County law enforcement is gearing up for riots in the wake of a jury verdict, Jesse Jackson is urging calm if the verdict is innocent and to curb the celebrations if the verdict is guilty. . . .any doubt where he sees justice to be? :). . . .and Fox News commentators are expecting a verdict almost any time and are standing by. . . .

It would be nice to be done with this today.

Jesse Jackson stirred up all this shit. He doesn't want 'calm.' He wants a race war. And he may just have one........with the Hispanic gangs.

The guys in green with the auto weapons outnumber the sweating their asses off crayon sign holders 10 to 1.

Tell Jesse to come on down!

Shooting someone when you are getting your head beat into the ground is not intentionally shooting someone. Second degree murder involves an act of going after someone with the intent to shoot them. There is zero proof whatsoever that Zimmerman had the intent to shoot Martin from the beginning.

Involuntary manslaughter can be charged when a person creates a situation that leads to the death of another person. In this case, Zimmerman was told not to pursue Trayvon Martin, yet he chose to do so anyway. While there is no solid proof, it is obvious that by following Martin, a confrontation took place at which point it became physical and Zimmerman felt threatened enough to need to use deadly force with his gun. That most definitely could and should be considered manslaughter. The real determining factor then would only come down to what you believe actually happened. Did Martin just come out of the bushes and jump Zimmerman as he was walking back to his car as he testified, or did he lie. If you believe what actually happened is that Zimmerman initiated the confrontation, then you have involuntary manslaughter. If you believe Zimmerman's story that Martin just jumped him as he was walking back to his car, then you have an acquittal.
Audio evidence shows that he stopped following.
He was never TOLD to stop following.

Yes he was. He was told, "We don't need you to do that." Same thing.

After being told not to follow, do you think even the Worlds Dumbest Criminals would allow it to get onto tape. :badgrin:

Not the same thing.... words have meaning

If a verdict comes back this fast, what does that usually mean?

More often than not, a quick verdict indicates a not guilty verdict. 60/40 maybe, so it's not written in stone.

If they come back with a quick guilty verdict, it would indicate that they didn't take the time to look at all the evidence that O'Mara referenced that was not shown in open court, but that he told them to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back