The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started out thinking Zimmerman was a vigilante and ended up with reasonable doubt on many issues. If it could happen to me I would think it could happen to jurors.

There is so much to consider--difficult to imagine how mere mortals can process that volume of information as fully as it should be.

True, and I think that that is why they will convict him of something. They won't process all that info so they won't charge him with 2nd Degree, but they won't let him off either. That is how they will handle it instead of trying to process it all. A compromise so to speak.

I did have the advantage of posting on a message board. Self defense--2nd degree or manslaughter--it comes down to 'fear of your life'.

The concrete block was convincing. The testimony of what blows to the head can do internally--the jury was there for that.

The unbelievable SNL like closing presented by the prosecution--if they ever saw 'the man living in a van down by the river'--all sorts of reasonable doubt arose from that.

who knows what the experiences that jurors have had in their lives.

you couldn't know much about me from the brief biographical fyi that is provided.

Sure --they are women and have children and someone probably has had some tragedy. It has to be accepted.
I am rambling.
excusing myself.

Verdict tonight, Saturday, or Mon ? I say Saturday.

It will be fast...Around 2pm Saturday as NOT guilty.

Yeah, child killers routinely get off scott free.

Dozens of thugs like Trayvon blow each other away each day. The thug jumped Zimmerman and started pounding his head into the ground. When can you use self defense...? Oh'yeah within your mind never.

Take it in blow it.

How many conservatives here would want Zimmerman roving around with a gun in their neighborhood late at night looking for punks who might just so happen to bear a strong resemblance to their own kids?

If there are kids looking like Trayvon aimlessly walking around in the rain near my home or my neighbors I hope that someone does confront the situation.

I'd rather have Zimmerman, who had a carry permit, wandering my neighborhood than Trayvon, who had dope in his system.

I'd have shit fit if I saw Zimmerman in my neighborhood. :razz:

None of what you just said is supported by fact. O'Mara proved today that following someone on a public place is not illegal in any Florida Statutes. Dr. Di Maio made it clear that his injuries are clear markers of force. Think about that for a minute. It isn't important how significant his injuries are. It stands to reason that he was being assaulted by Trayvon Martin.

No one has ever said that following someone is illegal. What O'Mara said doesn't even apply to this case, unless it states whether or not it is legal to do so with a gun.

it's irrelevant. he has CCP and it's legal

None of what you just said is supported by fact. O'Mara proved today that following someone on a public place is not illegal in any Florida Statutes. Dr. Di Maio made it clear that his injuries are clear markers of force. Think about that for a minute. It isn't important how significant his injuries are. It stands to reason that he was being assaulted by Trayvon Martin.

No one has ever said that following someone is illegal. What O'Mara said doesn't even apply to this case, unless it states whether or not it is legal to do so with a gun.

The relevancy of what O'Mara was trying to show is irrelevant. :badgrin:

your assumption is irrelevant.

O'Mara was never disputing the legality of following somebody with a gun and a legal CCP

O'Mara was never disputing the legality of following somebody with a gun and a legal CCP

That wasn't an assumption. I was obviously saying it would be good to hear what the laws are concerning carrying a gun while following someone.

HLN Dolt swap-out.

Vinnie Polly Potato is out. Some new dolt has taken his place.

JVM is still there screeching.

That wasn't an assumption. I was obviously saying it would be good to hear what the laws are concerning carrying a gun while following someone.

Legal to follow and legal to carry a gun with a permit. There you go. Law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back