The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly wouldn't end up dead less than 100 yards from my initial encounter over 4 minutes later when I was shot.

and my house was less than 200 yards down the same sidewalk I seem to have doubled back on toward my follower.

You don't really know how it would have turned out.

You don't think that Martin had the right to stand his ground? "In the United States of America, stand-your-ground law states that a person may justifiably use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of an unlawful threat, without an obligation to retreat first. "
If someone is pursuing me in their vehicle and then leaves vehicle to continue that pursuit, I see that as a REAL THREAT. zimmerman didn't have to leave his vehicle at all to continue his pursuit.

Why didn't Trayvon call 911 instead of jaking himself up to take out a crazy ass cracker?

His woman said he was talking about that man.

Why didnt the armed Zimmerman wait for the cops. He knew they were coming. why did he get out of the damn truck?

What kind of ego did this guy have?

You don't really know how it would have turned out.

You don't think that Martin had the right to stand his ground? "In the United States of America, stand-your-ground law states that a person may justifiably use force in self-defense when there is reasonable belief of an unlawful threat, without an obligation to retreat first. "
If someone is pursuing me in their vehicle and then leaves vehicle to continue that pursuit, I see that as a REAL THREAT. zimmerman didn't have to leave his vehicle at all to continue his pursuit.

I think with the facts that are present you can't say that GZ did anything unlawful to allow for that law to apply to TM. You can debate the morality of him following and profiling (even with a CCW), but neither of those things are illegal for a private citizen. The unlawful threat would have to be proven in this case that GZ threw the first punch, and there just isn't anyway of knowing that.

People are often convicted of manslaughter when there is only an "appearance" that they did something horribly wrong causing a death whatever that may have been and they are inexorably linked to the death.

I'm talking about his case. Not other "often" cases. GZ has definitive injuries, but he's having to prove relevance and extent. Regardless, how are you going to prove "appearance" of anything that GZ did in that moment. Even with Rachel Jeantel's account you can't prove an unlawful act by GZ.

You don't think that Martin had the right to stand his ground? .

stand ground on WHAT? on a man following him? he could have gone home - that would be the best choice for a 17 yo in a not familiar neighborhood. Not attack somebody who is following him

I think with the facts that are present you can't say that GZ did anything unlawful to allow for that law to apply to TM. You can debate the morality of him following and profiling (even with a CCW), but neither of those things are illegal for a private citizen. The unlawful threat would have to be proven in this case that GZ threw the first punch, and there just isn't anyway of knowing that.

People are often convicted of manslaughter when there is only an "appearance" that they did something horribly wrong causing a death whatever that may have been and they are inexorably linked to the death.

I'm talking about his case. Not other "often" cases. GZ has definitive injuries, but he's having to prove relevance and extent. Regardless, how are you going to prove "appearance" of anything that GZ did in that moment. Even with Rachel Jeantel's account you can't prove an unlawful act by GZ.

GZ doe not have to prove anything. he has injuries. he was defending himself.
it is the prosecution who had to prove that he did not.

That's just the point of my comment. When no one can agree on just about anything like in this thread and when or if that happens at all with the jury, they may decide to convict for manslaughter on "appearances." It happens many times.

My apologies if this has already been posted.

Protesters gather as police urge peace after Zimmerman verdict | www.wftv.com

SANFORD, Fla. — Protesters arrived outside the Seminole County courthouse Friday afternoon after jurors began deliberating George Zimmerman's fate in his second-degree murder trial.
Law enforcement officials are asking residents of Sanford and surrounding areas to remain peaceful after a verdict is announced

what low expectations the city holds

I know that, but everyone is attacking him over the depth of his injuries. Including the poster I was responding to. Then he tells me of people getting convicted on appearance. I was just pointing out his contradiction.

Why are police urging calm after the verdict is read?

I don't understand this.

Are police anticipating a Not Guilty verdict or are they suggesting Hispanics and Whites will riot if Zimmerman is found Guilty?

I actually think the jury has reached a verdict and told the judge that they have, but the judge told them to wait until morning to read it since people started to gather at the courthouse.

I know that, but everyone is attacking him over the depth of his injuries. Including the poster I was responding to. Then he tells me of people getting convicted on appearance. I was just pointing out his contradiction.

i know.I just used your post with quotes to remind that as well

And go easy on Zona. He's a bleeding heart liberal who needs a village to raise him up, perpetually encourage him even when he's wrong, and walk in lock-step political correctness. He just can't help it.

Self-deprecating funnies deserve Thanks.

Baby steps.

:clap2:

And go easy on Zona. He's a bleeding heart liberal who needs a village to raise him up, perpetually encourage him even when he's wrong, and walk in lock-step political correctness. He just can't help it.

Baby steps.

He is a she. Well, sort of.

And s/he is a moron and a dishonest troll.

Plaid socks that don't get washed may go with the kilt, but still stink.

I know some he/shes, but that's another story. (Honestly, unless you've been with the poster in person, how do you know who they are? Internet stuff is creepy like that.)

Everyone has a right to post and, for the 1st time in the short time I've been here, Zona made a little joke. That's a step in the right direction.

I agree with NOTHING that Zona says but as long as he/she is not being nasty, unduly profane, or insulting then I don't have a problem.

As for the socks...I'm glad my monitor isn't equipped with Smell-A-Vision! :shock:

That's just the point of my comment. When no one can agree on just about anything like in this thread and when or if that happens at all with the jury, they may decide to convict for manslaughter on "appearances." It happens many times.

This post was in regards to why TM couldn't apply the same stand your ground law in this case. That is the train of thought I was commenting on with phoenix. I'm not speaking of the jury and the overall result of the case. I was speaking of one singular point in the original post.

Last edited:

I don't understand this.

Are police anticipating a Not Guilty verdict or are they suggesting Hispanics and Whites will riot if Zimmerman is found Guilty?

I actually think the jury has reached a verdict and told the judge that they have, but the judge told them to wait until morning to read it since people started to gather at the courthouse.

The thought crossed my mind----an early morning verdict may make any crowd a bit more manageable. Daylight .

Baby steps.

He is a she. Well, sort of.

And s/he is a moron and a dishonest troll.

Plaid socks that don't get washed may go with the kilt, but still stink.

I know some he/shes, but that's another story. (Honestly, unless you've been with the poster in person, how do you know who they are? Internet stuff is creepy like that.)

Everyone has a right to post and, for the 1st time in the short time I've been here, Zona made a little joke. That's a step in the right direction.

I agree with NOTHING that Zona says but as long as he/she is not being nasty, unduly profane, or insulting then I don't have a problem.

As for the socks...I'm glad my monitor isn't equipped with Smell-A-Vision! :shock:

Zona is what it is; and that aint much -- other than a dishonest dopey troll.

But, in fairness, I have been a bit profane (unduly so, too, from time to time) in my day.

:eusa_angel:

In your line of thought, would it not be more reasonable to believe that they would be likely to acquit because there is the "appearance" of injury and blood on the man claiming self-defense?

911 operators are the authorities. That is not in dispute.

If you give them enough grief, they'll just have the police come and arrest you outright.

they are NOT.
you can't be serious :lol:

You could also say anyone in the government AND in law enforcement is an authority.

Although, what's important is that they can direct the police in many different directions and and have a tremendous power all their own.

I can understand why people are negging you - either you are INCREDIBLY stupid or you are provoking that by pretending you are.

911 dispatchers are NOT authorities in any way. Deal with that

I don't understand this.

there has only been one message to the judge

they requested an inventory list of evidence

i think they have reached one too

and are going to sleep on it

review it in the morning

be back in court by noon

the judge does not know the outcome either

Whichever way you lean on the matter, guilty or not, does it bother you that almost every attorney you see on MSM (outside of the Hysterical Ladies Network) is saying that the jury could feel bad and give a verdict to appease? Would it not taint the verdict either way? People saying they only gave a verdict out of emotion rather than the facts means we are broken. With the way they are playing this case if he is found not guilty they are implying that these women were heartless for doing so. Just rubs me wrong. If they proved it convict him, and if they didn't let him go.

Nancy Grace seems to be against zimmerman. Whatever way it turns out, at least we have a system that has due process. If there are a minority of lawless idiots who riot because they don't like the outcome of the case, they should be prosecuted and hopefully sent to prison where they belong. Hateful people (like a few on this thread) may use that rioting by a small MINORITY to say, "see I twolwld ywou dose bwacks awre rweally rweally bwaaad!". So they can put forth their racist agenda................

Proof that even the Prosecution does not believe GZ was menacing TM with the gun!

Prosecutor John Guy said in closing rebuttal: "Do you think for a second, seriously, that if Trayvon Martin had seen that gun ever, there’d be a gunshot at 90 degrees in the center of his chest? Do you think that? Mr. Softie was going to be able to get a shot directly through the center of his chest with Trayvon Martin knowing that gun was there, fighting for his life?"

Because what kinda rank SISSY do you have to be to have a gun in hand but crying for help at the same damn time? I don't know a soul that would do that knowing they held the upper hand. And Zimmerman knew he had the upper hand from the start.

That was Trayvon screaming for his life probably trying to keep Zimmerman FROM shooting him by tussling with the gun once he saw it to keep himself from getting shot.

My opinion is Trayvon saw the gun and tried to keep Zimmerman from shooting him, so he was probably trying to hold Zimmerman's "gun hand" at bay while screaming and scrapping with Zimmerman, but Zimmerman overpowered HIM, not the other way around. and once his was able to let off a good shot into Trayvon's chest, he squeezed the trigger.

kid with skittles and a ice tea? yeah he stalked that young man.

you are an idiot who has no idea what gun laws are.

EVERY person getting a CCP is being not only told, but begged, warned and assured - used it only IF everything else failed - which GZ did - that's why he was yelling for help, that's why he was extremely happy when police tricked him with the statement that everything was caught on the camera.
only gun hater idiots do not know plain and simple rules of using it.

he also has a medical report stating it was broken, along with 2 black eyes the next day.

So what? It wouldn't be the first time that someone who started an altercation got their ass beat. In short, zimmerman initiated the contact by leaving his vehicle to continue his pursuit of Martin. If zimmerman kept his distance and waited for the police, this most likely would not have happened. zimmerman knew that he had a firearm, with that ownership comes responsibility to avoid situations where you may need to use that weapon. There was no threat from a guy who is trying to avoid you. There was no crime in progress that deemed it necessary for zimmerman to intervene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back