The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
he also has a medical report stating it was broken, along with 2 black eyes the next day.

So what? It wouldn't be the first time that someone who started an altercation got their ass beat. In short, zimmerman initiated the contact by leaving his vehicle to continue his pursuit of Martin. If zimmerman kept his distance and waited for the police, this most likely would not have happened. zimmerman knew that he had a firearm, with that ownership comes responsibility to avoid situations where you may need to use that weapon. There was no threat from a guy who is trying to avoid you. There was no crime in progress that deemed it necessary for zimmerman to intervene.

If Trayvon would just ran home and not tried to be bad ass hero - nothing would happen

he also has a medical report stating it was broken, along with 2 black eyes the next day.

So what? It wouldn't be the first time that someone who started an altercation got their ass beat. In short, zimmerman initiated the contact by leaving his vehicle to continue his pursuit of Martin. If zimmerman kept his distance and waited for the police, this most likely would not have happened. zimmerman knew that he had a firearm, with that ownership comes responsibility to avoid situations where you may need to use that weapon. There was no threat from a guy who is trying to avoid you. There was no crime in progress that deemed it necessary for zimmerman to intervene.

Zimmerman didn't intervene.

Zimmerman wasn't committing a crime.

The evidence suggests that Trayvon was not trying to avoid Zimmerman. Well, he approached Zimmerman, and then made one attempt to avoid Zimmerman and it apparently succeeded, but then he appears to have returned.

Trayvon's attack was a crime.

This whole thing was a tragedy, but Zimmerman's actions were legal.

this entire trial is a farce about race and punishing white people for what happened 200 years ago.

when will we ever get over slavery in this country?

When the murder of a black child by a white person is treated just as seriously as a murder of a white child by a black person.

That's when we get over it.

Why is it that so many blacks murder other blacks....happens hundreds of times all over the US every day. Why aren't you crying about that? A white murdering a black happens very little compared to black murdering blacks, or blacks murdering whites.

And this is a pretty interesting link....just look, all blacks murdering/raping whites.
New Nation News - Black-on-White Crime

And just look at this one....please notice the AGE of the first one.......15 YEARS OLD. And the racists out there think Trayvon was "just a child"....and couldn't have caused his own death.

A teenager charged in a February crime spree was formally charged as an adult Tuesday. Gabriel Edwards, 15, faces 14 charges, including murder, robbery and auto theft. Edwards was arrested following the spree on Feb. 13. His friend, Sirquain Burr, was arrested as well. Both teens are accused of several robberies, a high speed chase and the death of 38-year-old John Yingling. Yingling’s ex-wife, Janet, said the past few months have been difficult. “I couldn’t even begin to say how hard it’s been. I mean, he was, I’ve known him since I was like 17,” Janet Yingling said. During the string of alleged crimes, Edwards and Burr are also accused of shooting a man who was walking his dog.

Here's another....

Paula Cooper was 15 when she and three other teenage girls showed up at Ruth Pelke's house on May 14, 1985, with plans of robbing the 78-year-old Bible school teacher. Pelke let Cooper and two of the teen's companions into her Gary home after they told her they were interested in Bible lessons. As the fourth teen waited outside as a lookout, Cooper stabbed Pelke 33 times with a butcher knife. Then she and the other girls ransacked the house. The four girls fled with Pelke's car and US$10. Cooper's three accomplices were sentenced to prison terms ranging from 25 to 60 years. But Cooper, who confessed to Pelke's slaying, was convicted of murder and sentenced to die in the electric chair. At the time - in 1986 - she was the youngest death row inmate in the US.

Ya....and the left and racists call these people "children"........

Last edited:
Why are police urging calm after the verdict is read?

I don't understand this.

Are police anticipating a Not Guilty verdict or are they suggesting Hispanics and Whites will riot if Zimmerman is found Guilty?

I actually think the jury has reached a verdict and told the judge that they have, but the judge told them to wait until morning to read it since people started to gather at the courthouse.

The thought crossed my mind----an early morning verdict may make any crowd a bit more manageable. Daylight .

Lol. That didn't happen.

The sheriff is just prepared..

If someone is pursuing me in their vehicle and then leaves vehicle to continue that pursuit, I see that as a REAL THREAT. zimmerman didn't have to leave his vehicle at all to continue his pursuit.

Martin did not do what reasonable people would do and run home.

He ran. But he came back.

zimmerman didn't do what reasonable person do to a person walking down the street and minding their own business. zimmerman wasn't reasonable when he followed someone who obviously felt threatened and didn't want to be followed. zimmerman wasn't reasonable when he decided to leave his vehicle AFTER he told the operator that he saw something in Martin's hands.
Martin had NO obligation to run home, he stood his ground and got killed for it by an overzealous police officer "wannabe".

I don't understand this.

Are police anticipating a Not Guilty verdict or are they suggesting Hispanics and Whites will riot if Zimmerman is found Guilty?

I actually think the jury has reached a verdict and told the judge that they have, but the judge told them to wait until morning to read it since people started to gather at the courthouse.

The thought crossed my mind----an early morning verdict may make any crowd a bit more manageable. Daylight .

Lol. That didn't happen.

It isn't the morning yet----how do you know ?

He is a she. Well, sort of.

And s/he is a moron and a dishonest troll.

Plaid socks that don't get washed may go with the kilt, but still stink.

I know some he/shes, but that's another story. (Honestly, unless you've been with the poster in person, how do you know who they are? Internet stuff is creepy like that.)

Everyone has a right to post and, for the 1st time in the short time I've been here, Zona made a little joke. That's a step in the right direction.

I agree with NOTHING that Zona says but as long as he/she is not being nasty, unduly profane, or insulting then I don't have a problem.

As for the socks...I'm glad my monitor isn't equipped with Smell-A-Vision! :shock:

Zona is what it is; and that aint much -- other than a dishonest dopey troll.

But, in fairness, I have been a bit profane (unduly so, too, from time to time) in my day.

:eusa_angel:

Well....YOU can say anything that comes to mind.

1) I hold you in much higher regard because I frequently (OK, always) agree with your assessment of the circumstances.
2) "Unduly" does not apply to my assessment of your language. I find it appropriate and not gratuitous. Sometimes even I speak like a "truck driver". I like truck drivers. And that is another story, too, but they are usually great vehicle maneuverers.
3) I admit I don't know the technical definition of a troll. I thought it meant someone who creeps on you online. Teach me.

If someone is pursuing me in their vehicle and then leaves vehicle to continue that pursuit, I see that as a REAL THREAT. zimmerman didn't have to leave his vehicle at all to continue his pursuit.

Martin did not do what reasonable people would do and run home.

He ran. But he came back.

zimmerman didn't do what reasonable person do to a person walking down the street and minding their own business. zimmerman wasn't reasonable when he followed someone who obviously felt threatened and didn't want to be followed. zimmerman wasn't reasonable when he decided to leave his vehicle AFTER he told the operator that he saw something in Martin's hands.
Martin had NO obligation to run home, he stood his ground and got killed for it by an overzealous police officer "wannabe".

Martin attacked.

Zimmerman could follow him. The attack on Zimmerman escalated it.

That is a lie. Neither Rachel Jeantel who was in the phone with TM, or anyone else heard or saw the gun. My previous post is proof that even the state prosecutors don't believe GZ was threatening TM with the gun. That is because as GZ said the gun became visible at the very end when he had to grab it & shoot TM who was proven to be on top of GZ.

Following is not stalking or menacing
!

I would like to see how you would feel if someone was following you and you tried to avoid them and then they got out of their vehicle to continue to pursue you. You can't tell me that your threat level would increase.....................

What law says GZ could not follow, watch or report TM??????????

The 2012 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
CRIMES

Chapter 784
ASSAULT; BATTERY; CULPABLE NEGLIGENCE

View Entire Chapter
784.048 Stalking; definitions; penalties.—
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.
(b) “Course of conduct” means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, which evidences a continuity of purpose. The term does not include constitutionally protected activity such as picketing or other organized protests.

Ok what's a freaking sock. I have to finally ask. This makes me nuts. I asked in an Amelia thread but they all joked thinking I was joking.

I'm not. What the hell is a sock?

Lol. That didn't happen.

It isn't the morning yet----how do you know ?

I know how to surf and water ski, I know how to type 130 wpm, I know how to write marketing campaigns, I know how to blow really big bubbles, I know how to tie shoes, I know lots of things.

Don't take this as me giving you hell. I really liked what O'Mara did today by sitting in silence for four minutes today. He didn't say a word and put the same thought in the head of the jurors that why wasn't he home. I'm not saying that's what happened, but they at least put that idea out there. The state didn't put anything out there.

=
I would like to see how you would feel if someone was following you and you tried to avoid them and then they got out of their vehicle to continue to pursue you. You can't tell me that your threat level would increase.....................

What law says GZ could not follow, watch or report TM??????????

The 2012 Florida Statutes

Title XLVI
CRIMES

Chapter 784
ASSAULT; BATTERY; CULPABLE NEGLIGENCE

View Entire Chapter
784.048 Stalking; definitions; penalties.—
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person which causes substantial emotional distress to that person and serves no legitimate purpose.
(b) “Course of conduct” means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, which evidences a continuity of purpose. The term does not include constitutionally protected activity such as picketing or other organized protests.

Legitimate purpose = Following a suspected criminal one has called 911 on.

Ok what's a freaking sock. I have to finally ask. This makes me nuts. I asked in an Amelia thread but they all joked thinking I was joking.

I'm not. What the hell is a sock?

OHHH! I can answer that!

A sock is someone who comes back to the forum with a different name after having been banned.

I don't understand this.

Prep for this.

michael_berg_2.jpg

Zimmerman didn't intervene.

Zimmerman wasn't committing a crime.

The evidence suggests that Trayvon was not trying to avoid Zimmerman. Well, he approached Zimmerman, and then made one attempt to avoid Zimmerman and it apparently succeeded, but then he appears to have returned.

Trayvon's attack was a crime.

This whole thing was a tragedy, but Zimmerman's actions were legal.

So martin turned back? Why was zimmerman so far from his truck then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back