The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's being reported by the Los Angeles Times. The article states that ""It's a very tough, tough case to sell" because of the lack of witnesses and "In most of these [hate crime] cases, you have someone who had made racial statements or you have a group who goes looking to attack a person based on their race." The FBI ruled that there was no evidence that George Zimmerman acted out of racial bias.

George Zimmerman unlikely to face federal charges - latimes.com

WASHINGTON — George Zimmerman is unlikely to face federal charges for killing black teenager Trayvon Martin because it would be difficult to prove he acted out of racial bias, Justice Department officials said Tuesday.

federal prosecution of Zimmerman would require clear evidence that he set out to attack the unarmed Martin because he was black.

So far, prosecutors have not shown evidence that Zimmerman acted out of racial bias.

That's weird. According to the left here, Zimmerman was out hunting blacks to kill.....go figure.

According to some on the right here the killing was just a happy little accident

Why don't you produce those posts which suggest that it was a "happy little accident"?
You don't get to make things up by projecting what you would like others to say.

That's weird. According to the left here, Zimmerman was out hunting blacks to kill.....go figure.

According to some on the right here the killing was just a happy little accident

Really???

I have never seen anyone on the 'right' say the incident was happy.. nor did I see anyone say it was an accident....

I have seen plenty say it was in self defense as the evidence showed.. I have even been one of many to say it was tragic...

But hey... don't let anyone get in the way of your work of fiction, right??

:rolleyes:

Really? So no Republican has said "good riddance another thug gone off the street?"

If Zimmerman didn't have his metal penis...I mean handgun, he wouldn't have stalked Martin.

he would have probably just stayed home under the covers if he didn't have his penis extension with him.

If guns are called penis extensions when lawfully carried by men, what are they called when women with concealed carry permits have them in their purse.

Inquiring minds want to know.

metal penis envy. :)

If Zimmerman didn't have his metal penis...I mean handgun, he wouldn't have stalked Martin.

he would have probably just stayed home under the covers if he didn't have his penis extension with him.

If guns are called penis extensions when lawfully carried by men, what are they called when women with concealed carry permits have them in their purse.

Suppose it's a woman with a crotch holster?

It is not a civil rights violation unless he was acting racist when he pulled the trigger.

He was only racist when he was stalking, following, confronting Trayvon. The gunshot was just because he was a pussy who was getting beat up by a kid.

But the civil trial, now, that's gonna be a huge win for Trayvon's parents. And GZ will be forced to testify.

Suppose it's a woman with a crotch holster?

A woman with a gun at her crotch?

I'd be totally into that :razz:

Really???

I have never seen anyone on the 'right' say the incident was happy.. nor did I see anyone say it was an accident....

I have seen plenty say it was in self defense as the evidence showed.. I have even been one of many to say it was tragic...

Really? So no Republican has said "good riddance another thug gone off the street?"

"good riddance another thug gone off the street?"- There, I said it...

But I'm not a Republican.. Sorry

-Geaux

Really???

That is not what you said they said.

Really???

So now a republican said good riddance? Link it so we can all chastise him, ok?

"...But the civil trial, now, that's gonna be a huge win for Trayvon's parents. And GZ will be forced to testify."
Do you really think so?

If (1) the guy was acquitted of Murder charges and (2) the jury refused to consider Manslaughter and (3) the FBI Report says that he did not commit a race-related hate-crime, then...

I'm having a little difficulty understanding the possible basis for such a civil suit...

"...But the civil trial, now, that's gonna be a huge win for Trayvon's parents. And GZ will be forced to testify."
Do you really think so?

If (1) the guy was acquitted of Murder charges and (2) the jury refused to consider Manslaughter and (3) the FBI Report says that he did not commit a race-related hate-crime, then...

I'm having a little difficulty understanding the possible basis for such a civil suit...

Florida law specifically prevents a civil suit when self defense is the cause of the death. There will be no civil case.

Stand your ground laws are horrible, idiotic RW gibberish, and only super hater dupe racists believe Martin was a vicious thug. Keep it up, ie scaring off 90% of the country

Probably - someone else be in charge of the next one!

There's a few coming up, pick one.

there is one going on in Wisconsin

MILWAUKEE (AP) — A Milwaukee man’s own surveillance cameras show him confronting a 13-year-old neighbor boy on a sidewalk outside of their houses, pointing a gun at the teen and firing into his chest from a few feet away.
The wounded teen flees away from the cameras’ view and collapses in the street where his mother, according to her testimony, held him as he took his last breath.
The video was shown in court Tuesday as evidence in the trial of John Henry Spooner, who’s accused of gunning down Darius Simmons in May 2012 after accusing the teen of breaking into his home and stealing guns. Spooner, 76, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide.
In the surveillance footage, Spooner emerges from his house that morning and confronts Simmons. He points a gun at the boy, who quickly moves backward a few steps. Both Spooner and the teen direct their attention toward a porch at Simmons’ home, where Simmons’ mother is standing. Moments later, Spooner points the gun back at Simmons and fires twice.

Prosecutor: Video shows Wisconsin man killing teen | WildAboutTrial.com

Holy crap! WTH. Isn't that a case closed just waiting for verdict?

The Sneiderman is a maybe.. charges:
Sneiderman now faces seven counts of perjury, four counts of giving false statements and one count each of concealing material facts and hindering the apprehension of a criminal. One count of felony murder was added, along with a count of aggravated assault, while charges of attempted murder, insurance fraud and racketeering were dropped from the indictment handed down in August.

I'm so trial finicky with dp/slaughter/race. lol

We double dipped into Seacat on the JA thread - that was a shocker one - another psycho.

Trial vote thread?

I don't care - I just show up for the taking it apart and the laughs.

yeah looks that way

Levi Chavez was acquitted of his wifes murder

Do you really think so?

Florida law specifically prevents a civil suit when self defense is the cause of the death. There will be no civil case.

Assuming that's correct (and I have no reason for suspecting otherwise), and assuming no other jurisdiction under which a civil suit may be pressed for such maters, then, that seems to take care of the civil suit, at least within the State of Florida.

Do you really think so?

Sanford police didn't drug test GZ, yet drug tested Trayvon's dead body.

They waited 6 weeks before arresting GZ.

They didn't preserve the crime scene in any way.

They treated GZ as a totally innocent person, and even almost as a colleague the night of the shooting.

GZ profiled and stalked their son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back