What Offense Did the Ukrainian People Commit That Caused Them to Be Bombed into Oblivion by The Russian Military at the Command of Putin?

as far as ukraine is concerned it would be long over if the democrats didnt get us involved,,

putin would have the donbas and his land bridge and the fighting would be over,,

but because the ukraine has been where a lot of high power democrats have been laundering their money they have to join the fight to avoid having their corruption exposed,,

Obama literally ran The Shadow Resist Government through Ukraine 2017 - 2020.

In thinking about why Israel is destroying Gaza and killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians, it caused me, in comparison, to wonder why Putin began bombing Ukraine. I honestly could not remember why this all began.

I'm sure we all agree that retaliating for having been attacked and having your citizens abducted and killed is more than reason enough to go after the perpetrators, even if we do not necessarily agree with how they are going about carrying this out. But what I'm struck with at the moment is how Putin was NOT defending Russia, or retaliating for an attack against the country and its people. This wholesale slaughter of innocent people seems to be based on ideology?
The Ukrainian people wanted freedom rather than domination. They had enough for f that under the Soviet Union.

He is also a trained killer. He isn’t terrified. He is confident and conniving
But still. I think he is a small, scared little man. He invades Ukraine and Georgia, because Finland would have turned his tanks to dust.
He has failed mightily. New countries have entered NATO. His meager gains have cost him treasure and 100s of 1000s of lives He is so scared, that had to break the one principle that has held world peace for almost 80 years: MADD. He now makes offensive nuclear threats.

And the message will be sent: Do those fully work? yes or no.

But still. I think he is a small, scared little man. He invades Ukraine and Georgia, because Finland would have turned his tanks to dust.
He has failed mightily. New countries have entered NATO. His meager gains have cost him treasure and 100s of 1000s of lives He is so scared, that had to break the one principle that has held world peace for almost 80 years: MADD. He now makes offensive nuclear threats.

And the message will be sent: Do those fully work? yes or no.
He wants the support of his people. Finland was never part of the SU but Ukraine was. He wants to bring the band back together. For whatever reason. It’s a bizarre situation and we need to stay out of it IMO.

something like that

You don’t understand the pain the Russians feel when it comes to WW2. Don’t forget that Ukraine embraced the Nazis and many Ukrainians served as guards at Nazi death camps. The hatred is real so many in Russia support this war.
This is what Russian propaganda would want you to believe, that Ukraine is full of Nazis.

That just isn’t really true.

He wants the support of his people. Finland was never part of the SU but Ukraine was. He wants to bring the band back together. For whatever reason. It’s a bizarre situation and we need to stay out of it IMO.
A lot of countries were part of the SU. He laments the breakup of the Soviet Union. And he made it clear he will take what he thinks he can take.

Or, "Take back", as he likes to say.

He never ONCE thought his faceplant in Ukraine would go as it did. He thought he was going to walk to Kyiv.

And I'm a bit confused about the support of his people, part. If he has the support of 100 million Russians, why is he conscripting criminals and foreigners? Where are the long volunteer lines to fight Putin's righteous war of entitlement?

Well Cuba is in our back yard but we never used that as justification to attack them.

We came really close once, but it didn't happen thankfully:
Operation Northwoods was a proposed false flag operation that originated within the US Department of Defense of the United States government in 1962. The proposals called for CIA operatives to both stage and commit acts of terrorism against American military and civilian targets, blame them on the Cuban government, and use them to justify a war against Cuba. The possibilities detailed in the document included the remote control of civilian aircraft which would be secretly repainted as US Air Force planes,[2] a fabricated 'shoot down' of a US Air Force fighter aircraft off the coast of Cuba, the possible assassination of Cuban immigrants, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas,[3] blowing up a U.S. ship, and orchestrating terrorism in U.S. cities.[2] [4] The proposals were rejected by President John F. Kennedy.[5][6][7]
There is ocean between the U.S. and Cuba. It's not like we a sharing a land border. That being said, we would probably start aggression against Cuba if they started threatening US. Like last time.

As I understand it, it was because Ukraine was making a bid to join NATO. On the one hand it’s a legitimate concern for Russia to have NATO at their back door but on the other, it’s hardly justification for starting a war.

There may be more to it than that but as I said, it’s my understanding of the situation.

Yes + USA took out Russian friendly gov and replaced with USA backed puppet Zelensky. One day we said you can have a buffer, another day it was no buffer. Similar to Cuban missile crisis back in the day.

USA story is Russia will take over Europe and the world.

Batboy 464kb.jpg

This is what Russian propaganda would want you to believe, that Ukraine is full of Nazis.

This isn’t about me. But there are Nazi groups in Ukraine and yes, Putin has sold it as though Ukrainians are embracing Nazis.

What rule says that people must have done something so bad they deserve evil acts against them?
Sometimes that happens and the answer is revenge in that case.
In this case, whatever the motivation, Russian leaders want the land of Ukraine. Being evil, they just intend to take it and kill the people that object.

A lot of countries were part of the SU. He laments the breakup of the Soviet Union. And he made it clear he will take what he thinks he can take.

Or, "Take back", as he likes to say.

He never ONCE thought his faceplant in Ukraine would go as it did. He thought he was going to walk to Kyiv.

And I'm a bit confused about the support of his people, part. If he has the support of 100 million Russians, why is he conscripting criminals and foreigners? Where are the long volunteer lines to fight Putin's righteous war of entitlement?
He has support of enough to continue this war. Not all. He has sold them that Ukraine has embraced Nazis, the Soviets historic enemy. That’s enough to drive the population crazy. In Russia, the ultimate evil are the Nazis. 25mil Russians died in WW2 and some vets are still alive to tell the tales.

Putin has played his people like a violin

He has support of enough to continue this war. Not all. He has sold them that Ukraine has embraced Nazis, the Soviets historic enemy. That’s enough to drive the population crazy. In Russia, the ultimate evil are the Nazis. 25mil Russians died in WW2 and some vets are still alive to tell the tales.

Putin has played his people like a violin
To continue it all the way to winning Ukraine? I wonder. If Ukrainians lay down their weapons, maybe.

To continue it all the way to winning Ukraine? I wonder. If Ukrainians lay down their weapons, maybe.
Putin needs to run out of money and stop this war. China keeps feeding him and he controls vast amounts of energy. No chance he just quits. There will need to be some sort of negotiation. But while our military industrial complex is making billions they will continue to push for the war. Greed is good it seems

Forum List

Back