The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll ask again for the comprehension-impaired...
Anyone recall when the examiner took the stand how many times he said he has been an expert witness in a criminal trial?

Seems to me someone who has done a thousand autopsies is more experienced and makes a better witness than someone who has done only ten. Bao's experience is extensive, as I recall.

But he's being derided here because he's not saying what the pro-Zimmerman idiots want to hear.

20 times iirc

Ahh, but Dr. Bao said that the hands were not bagged when he received the body. That destroys the chain of evidence on the hands. That was sloppy police work. However, I will stress that the DNA evidence has no weight.
I wasn't speaking to DNA on Trayvon's hands...just to the fact that none was detected on the gun and that he could not be excluded from the DNA mixture detected on the holster. That would have not been impacted by what happened to Trayvon's hands after the incident.

But wouldn't that speak to this evidence as well?
The fact that Trayvon's hands were not bagged would have no impact on DNA detected (or not) on the gun or holster.

1:00 and they're not back from lunch.

Oh, oh.

Don't fight this one, give them the notes.

The "M" word is attached to this fight.

It's discretionary and most likely won't happen, but Judge Nelson is now sweating her ass off, as she may have let this trial get away from her...not that she hadn't before the jury was even seated.

That was part of the lmao - ME horror and Judge sweating bullets.

Train wreck.

Shippingnews_zps6b616c4e.png

The Shipping News!

Last edited:
I wasn't speaking to DNA on Trayvon's hands...just to the fact that none was detected on the gun and that he could not be excluded from the DNA mixture detected on the holster. That would have not been impacted by what happened to Trayvon's hands after the incident.

But wouldn't that speak to this evidence as well?
The fact that Trayvon's hands were not bagged would have no impact on DNA detected (or not) on the gun or holster.

Gotcha.

The Florida 612 rule reads a little differently than its Federal counterpart:

90.613 Refreshing the memory of a witness.—When a witness uses a writing or other item to refresh memory while testifying, an adverse party is entitled to have such writing or other item produced at the hearing, to inspect it, to cross-examine the witness thereon, and to introduce it, or, in the case of a writing, to introduce those portions which relate to the testimony of the witness, in evidence. If it is claimed that the writing contains matters not related to the subject matter of the testimony, the judge shall examine the writing in camera, excise any portions not so related, and order delivery of the remainder to the party entitled thereto. Any portion withheld over objection shall be preserved and made available to the appellate court in the event of an appeal. If a writing or other item is not produced or delivered pursuant to order under this section, the testimony of the witness concerning those matters shall be stricken.
History.—s. 1, ch. 76-237; s. 1, ch. 77-77; s. 22, ch. 78-361; s. 1, ch. 78-379; s. 491, ch. 95-147.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

The Florida 612 rule reads a little differently than its Federal counterpart:

90.613 Refreshing the memory of a witness.—When a witness uses a writing or other item to refresh memory while testifying, an adverse party is entitled to have such writing or other item produced at the hearing, to inspect it, to cross-examine the witness thereon, and to introduce it, or, in the case of a writing, to introduce those portions which relate to the testimony of the witness, in evidence. If it is claimed that the writing contains matters not related to the subject matter of the testimony, the judge shall examine the writing in camera, excise any portions not so related, and order delivery of the remainder to the party entitled thereto. Any portion withheld over objection shall be preserved and made available to the appellate court in the event of an appeal. If a writing or other item is not produced or delivered pursuant to order under this section, the testimony of the witness concerning those matters shall be stricken.
History.—s. 1, ch. 76-237; s. 1, ch. 77-77; s. 22, ch. 78-361; s. 1, ch. 78-379; s. 491, ch. 95-147.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

All's I want right now is West to read the notes for us.

Whatever is in those things is enough to give an ME heart failure.

This just in. The jury stopped everything and said they want to give Zimmerman 50 tears for shotting an unarmed kid.

Hey, a fella can dream.

George is drinking bottled water. West must have been laughing so hard at the notes that he forgot to refill the tasty water pitcher.

By the way, there's NO reason to believe that he would have been unable to move his arms. That particular testimony was plainly ridiculous.

If the spinal column was intact and he was still alive, he could have moved his arms. If the spinal column was NOT intact, arm movement would have been typical involuntary dystonic movements. That testimony was misleading. I do hope defense makes an attempt to rebut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back