The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And what GZ said, in sum and substance, was: "I shot, but only after I had my nose busted, Trayvon was on top of me and pounding my head into the cement pavement and I feared that I was going to get killed (or seriously injured)."

Yes.

I think that IS what the prosecution is left with.

Agreed... the prosecution should be shooting for involuntary manslaughter at this point.. I wonder, can the prosecution ask for a mistrial at this point? Or do they have to hope the defense does?

Involuntary manslaughter is not a lesser included. To be a lesser included all the elements of the original charge have to be met. The original charge was a voluntary shooting. What don't you get about that?

I thought the original charge was 2nd degree murder, voluntary shooting? Is that a crime? We've shown, numerous times, that involuntary manslaughter is a lesser included charge of the charge of 2nd degree murder. I fully recognize that you don't agree. What don't you get about that?

Blacks cause most of the CRIME in Sanford florida. Calling on black people is part of doing ones job...

Unless you feel that blacks should get away with crimes.
Your racism is showing. Do you generalize everything about blacks?

She should say yes. I expect her to say no anyway.

I'd love to be surprised by a display of judicial acumen and guts, however.

Do the RIGHT thing, judge.

Surprise us all.

Well, in all honesty, I want to see what the defense has.

I want to see that Crump wrong righted.

This is what I want to see again.

946829_10151725391691675_522204030_n.jpg

Good rebuttal by Mark O'M. If he was "going hunting" at that moment, then he WOULD have already had the gun out and he would NOT have a busted nose of injuries to the back of his head.

The prosecution's position is SHOWN to be UNREASONABLE.

I wonder why Fox closed down their little conversation? It seemed like they were in the bag for the prosecution from the beginning, well a lot of the commentators were anyway.

The judge has a stoic look on her face... she looks unsettled.

She has a tough decision to make. O'Mara is brilliant and is making a good argument for acquittal.

I think she will let it go to the jury though. Whether she will charge them with deciding to reduce it to manslaughter is a toss up.

she acquits on 2nd degree (no depravity)

continue trial on voluntary manslaughter charge

looks like i was wrong

trial goes on

Last edited:
No, I am all for the defense making the motion but I do not see it granted as there are material facts that are jury questions to me.
Credibility of the eye witness which I believe is strong but that is a material fact issue and all of those are jury questions to decide.
However, if the Judge believes that falls within the presumption of allowable force then maybe so but I would rather have a jury decide that.

I agree, regardless of what O'Mara contends, the judge will deny the motion. I will be flatly surprised if she grants it.

As will I. She will let the jury decide.

Right....this way the target will be on the Jurors when they let him go.

She should say yes. I expect her to say no anyway.

I'd love to be surprised by a display of judicial acumen and guts, however.

Do the RIGHT thing, judge.

Surprise us all.

Well, in all honesty, I want to see what the defense has.

You wouldn't if you were sitting in Zimmerman's seat.

That is likely true. But, I'm not. And I don't think Zimmerman and the judge want to be the only two who are at the mercy of the angry mob. I know I wouldn't. I would at some juncture think it important that my side be out there, not that the racist fools like snookie, esmerelda, zona, zarois. et al would change their minds even if Jesus Christ Himself came and told them Zimmerman was innocent. I just don't see how the defense can NOT triple dazzle the jury and the nation. I really want to see that! I think Mark O'Mara is going to be the next F Lee Bailey. I also think Mark O'Mara is my new hero. And I will concede that he is not dealing with an altogether difficult case, since there wasn't a case to start with. Still, he has just been awesome given the number of eyes that are on him.

Blacks cause most of the CRIME in Sanford florida. Calling on black people is part of doing ones job...

Pull up the stat's for Sanford Florida and I nearly promise you that I am right. Wtf does it have to do with race anyways? When someone is expected of commiting a crime we want people like Zimmerman to report them.

It isn't racism. It sounds like a statement of fact. If he said all blacks in Sanford are criminals, that would be racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back