🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The OLDER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palestine was the homeland of the people who lived there before it was colonized by the Europeans, who happened to be of the Jewish faith. The fact that a bunch of European converts to Judaism decided that Palestine was their homeland, doesn't it make it so. And, it gave them no right to expel the Muslims and Christian from their homeland.

The geographic area of Palestine was an Islamist settler colonial project of the Ottoman Turks. The collapse of that settler colonial project was finalized at the end of WW1.

Subsequently, the Jewish National Home was established.

Whine about that all you wish.
THE Ottoman Turks threw people out of their homes and moved their own people in?

:link:

Palestine was the homeland of the people who lived there before it was colonized by the Europeans, who happened to be of the Jewish faith. The fact that a bunch of European converts to Judaism decided that Palestine was their homeland, doesn't it make it so. And, it gave them no right to expel the Muslims and Christian from their homeland.

The geographic area of Palestine was an Islamist settler colonial project of the Ottoman Turks. The collapse of that settler colonial project was finalized at the end of WW1.

Subsequently, the Jewish National Home was established.

Whine about that all you wish.
THE Ottoman Turks threw people out of their homes and moved their own people in?

:link:

Look it up. 1517.

The Jewish people were living there. Have been for thousands and thousands of years. Longer than any other identifiable people. The Jewish people who were living there have every right to part of that territory. And those removed and returning have every right as well.

The ENTIRE Arab Palestinian position depends on those two points. You can't support it for the Arabs and not support it for the Jews. Unless, you know....
Arabs have been living there just as long as Jews have. At the time of the Zionist migration, Arabs were the majority population and majority land owners. Jewish terrorist groups like Irgun, forcibly drove out 750,000 of them. Those indigenous Palestinians have the right to return as well.

If you have the right to return, so do they.

This is 46 years before the 1st Zionist immigration,
another Arab Pogrom against Jews of Sefad happened 3 years later.

Apparently Arabs didn't think Jews would rise arms against this Disneyland.
Just to think that they themselves gave push to Zionism and even helped Britain invade the land...
You got that ass-backwards. Zionists migrated in with their racist, apartheid policies.

Arabs have been living there just as long as Jews have.

Seriously? Please document the earliest known Arab artifact from the place. I'll compare it with the earliest known Jewish one. Good luck with that.

Yeah. I'M the one arguing that they BOTH have rights to return.

Seriously? Please document the earliest known Arab artifact from the place. I'll compare it with the earliest known Jewish one. Good luck with that.

Sure you do. As long as the Palestinians don't return to their homes.

There is no right of return.

There was no right of return.

There will never be a right of return.

Jerusalem is Jewish and always will be.

From the Balfour Declaration...
  • His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.'
Nothing will be done to prejudice the existing non-Jewish communities.

Do you know what "existing" means.

From a famous Zionist humanist...
  • "... Ahad Ha'am warned that the settlers must under no circumstances arouse the wrath of the natives ... 'Yet what do our brethren do in Palestine? Just the very opposite! Serfs they were in the lands of the Diaspora and suddenly they find themselves in unrestricted freedom and this change has awakened in them an inclination to despotism. They treat the Arabs with hostility and cruelty, deprive them of their rights, offend them without cause and even boast of these deeds; and nobody among us opposes this despicable and dangerous inclination ...'
Enter Susha and her empathy brigade.

There is no right of return.

There was no right of return.

There will never be a right of return.

Jerusalem is Jewish and always will be.
Not according to the rest of the planet.
The rest of the planet is not all on your side.

Israel will remain. If the Arabs overrun Israel, their major cities from Medina and Mecca to Damascus and Tehran et al will die in nuclear fire.

Either Israel lives, or the Middle East dies.

Sure you do. As long as the Palestinians don't return to their homes.

Not at all. I fully support the return of individuals to their actual homes where practicable, and to the general vicinity where it is not. The descendants, however, have only the right to return to generally to their nation of origin. And even that depends on particular context. BUT I apply those rules equally and objectively to both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back