the only remaining argument against capatalism

SuperDemocrat

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2015
The best and greatest argument against the burgoise society otherwise known as capitalism is the moral argument. I just keep mentioning wealth gap or how it is unfair and people are so outraged that they rush to shut it down. Despite the fact that real communist societies have their own wealth gap between between favoured bureaucrats, chosen individuals and everyone else I just keep telling people how unjust the capatalism system is. I really don't care if nothing else has ever worked in the history of the world or how every other unfree economy was riddled with corruption and had appointed aristocracies to rule over the peasants. I just keep beating this drum to death just so I can shut it down.

The wealth gap then:
Poor people walk where they need to go on dirty, dusty roads, lucky to have shoes.
Rich people ride in horse-drawn carriages.

The wealth gap now:
Poor people drive their 2001 Ford Focus hither and thither.
Rich people drive their 2016 Lamborghini to and fro.

This dramatic decrease in the wealth gap brought to you by Capitalism.

The best and greatest argument against the burgoise society otherwise known as capitalism is the moral argument. I just keep mentioning wealth gap or how it is unfair and people are so outraged that they rush to shut it down. Despite the fact that real communist societies have their own wealth gap between between favoured bureaucrats, chosen individuals and everyone else I just keep telling people how unjust the capatalism system is. I really don't care if nothing else has ever worked in the history of the world or how every other unfree economy was riddled with corruption and had appointed aristocracies to rule over the peasants. I just keep beating this drum to death just so I can shut it down.

We have to decide which kind of capitalism we want- plutocratic capitalism where all the money is concentrated in the hands of 1% of the population, leaving the rest in debt or poverty, or democratic capitalism, where economic growth is created by as much of the population as possible

The conservatives have favored plutocratic capitalism, the belief in supply side economics, that the rich are the job creators but those jobs have to pay the smallest wages possible with no benefits in order to increase profits at the top end, that they should receive favorable treatment like low taxation and little oversight and regulation

Liberals favor democratic capitalism, where the profits are created by a consumer middle class who are paid wages that are sufficient, that the wealth of capitalism is spread and passed from hand to hand, that a welfare state is created for the working force so when there is an economic downturn or a personal disaster or emergency that member of the workforce is not expendable and their families will survive, and in their elder years they will have a pension and healthcare, alleviating that burden on their younger family members in the work force

In the last thirty years the conservative view came back into vogue and the results have been a huge jump in the wealth of a few with the deterioration of the middle class

Now the conservatives are going for the middle class jugular with their agenda of cutting the social safety net

Capitalism is good and what we should use. But if we Americans aren't smart enough to notice when it's turning into Crony Capitalistm, then we need to discuss something further.

Today, politics and this topic, are polar opposites. Capitalists think there is nothing wrong with it in any way shape or form. People who want a different system see the flaws and jump to changing the system. Reminds me of Unions.

What would happen if we just accepted the flaws, learned and grew from them? The flaws are in our face. Capitalism is NOT pretty right now. Accept it and adapt.

The wealth gap then:
Poor people walk where they need to go on dirty, dusty roads, lucky to have shoes.

The wealth gap now:

Really?

The inequality gap, brought to you by conservative policy (can you say trickle down???)

blog1.png

income-dispartity-chart.jpg

The wealth gap then:

The wealth gap now:

Superficial America is what you mean. We can still challenge ourselves on success without giving the same car to everyone. I know American politics are proving me wrong today, but maybe. People might get smarter.

The wealth gap then:

The wealth gap now:

Superficial America is what you mean. We can still challenge ourselves on success without giving the same car to everyone. I know American politics are proving me wrong today, but maybe. People might get smarter.
Income-Inequality02.jpg

The best and greatest argument against the burgoise society otherwise known as capitalism is the moral argument.

Communism much better, they know how to deal with the bourgeois, eh comrade?

The best and greatest argument against the burgoise society otherwise known as capitalism is the moral argument.

Communism much better, they know how to deal with the bourgeois, eh comrade?
159753_600.jpg

The wealth gap then:

The wealth gap now:

Do not forget what those peasants did to the rich who were riding in horse drawn carriages.

thank you for your honesty.

It's rare that a leftist pile of fetid shit will be honest and admit he wants to be free of the free market and actually wants the yoke of tyranny placed upon his shoulders.

Please list the shithole that you would like to live in and move there. There's no place for pussies like you in a free society.

Capitalism is good and what we should use. But if we Americans aren't smart enough to notice when it's turning into Crony Capitalistm, then we need to discuss something further.

Today, politics and this topic, are polar opposites. Capitalists think there is nothing wrong with it in any way shape or form. People who want a different system see the flaws and jump to changing the system. Reminds me of Unions.

What would happen if we just accepted the flaws, learned and grew from them? The flaws are in our face. Capitalism is NOT pretty right now. Accept it and adapt.
Incorrect. Those of us who believe in free markets see plenty wrong with today's crony capitalist system whereby the government doles out favors to their cronies in private business in exchange for large sums of money.

The wealth gap then:

The wealth gap now:

Really?

The inequality gap, brought to you by conservative policy (can you say trickle down???)

blog1.png

Are the poor better off today than they were 100 years ago? This idea of a wealth gap tells just around none of the whole story. It's terrible, to me, that I'm not pulling in hundreds of millions of dollars a year like LeBron James, and yet my standard of living would still make the so-called "robber barons" of their day green with envy. Yes, the rich get richer, but so do the poor, and at a much faster rate, as my previous post points out.

The wealth gap then:

The wealth gap now:

I don't know what you're saying here.

The left always forget to mention one little thing. They don't want to work hard to get reward, just get reward.
The lift might very well be broken, so get your arse in gear and climb the fucking stairs.

^^^ you nailed it! Look at most rags to riches stories and you will see a poor person who busted their ass working hard, taking risks, refusing to fail not sitting around on their fat ass with their hand out demanding a share of someone else's earnings.

The wealth gap then:

The wealth gap now:

Really?

blog1.png

Are the poor better off today than they were 100 years ago? This idea of a wealth gap tells just around none of the whole story. It's terrible, to me, that I'm not pulling in hundreds of millions of dollars a year like LeBron James, and yet my standard of living would still make the so-called "robber barons" of their day green with envy. Yes, the rich get richer, but so do the poor, and at a much faster rate, as my previous post points out.

Sanders.jpg

1959281_741965212492013_1654577190_n.jpg

The left always forget to mention one little thing.
They don't want to work hard to get reward, just get reward.
The lift might very well be broken, so get your arse in gear and climb the fucking stairs.

Right the bottom half of US, 150 million people who earn 11% of the entire pie (half as much as the top 1% of US) and yet the richest 400 have as much wealth as the bottom HALF of US, MUST be they are lazy *shaking head*

conservative-logic-87490692705.jpeg

Profits Just Hit Another All-Time High, Wages Just Hit Another All-Time Low

1) Corporate profit margins just hit another all-time high. Companies are making more per dollar of sales than they ever have before. (And some people are still saying that companies are suffering from "too much regulation" and "too many taxes." Maybe little companies are, but big ones certainly aren't. What they're suffering from is a myopic obsession with short-term profits at the expense of long-term value creation).

screen%20shot%202013-04-11%20at%209.59.39%20am.png

2) Wages as a percent of the economy just hit another all-time low. Why are corporate profits so high? One reason is that companies are paying employees less than they ever have as a share of GDP. And that, in turn, is one reason the economy is so weak: Those "wages" are represent spending power for consumers. And consumer spending is "revenue" for other companies. So the profit obsession is actually starving the rest of the economy of revenue growth.

screen%20shot%202013-04-11%20at%209.58.53%20am.png

In short, our current obsessed-with-profits philosophy is creating a country of a few million overlords and 300+ million serfs.
Profits At High Wages At Low - Business Insider

Comp%20vs%20profits.jpg

The best and greatest argument against the burgoise society otherwise known as capitalism is the moral argument. I just keep mentioning wealth gap or how it is unfair and people are so outraged that they rush to shut it down.
Who are you to judge what is moral; who are you to impose that judgement on others?

Forum List

Back