The "Party of No" lives up to their namesake

Dot Com

Nullius in verba
Feb 15, 2011
After bickering/stonewalling/gnashing teeth for 5 years Repubs, yesterday renewed their ODS efforts. This is why the party of No isn't winning national elections, they don't stand "for" anything other than letting *cough* "job creators" steam roll the middle class:

GOP to Obama: We're Not Moving On - NBC News
When President Obama announced on Thursday that eight million Americans have now enrolled for insurance under the health-care law’s exchanges, he delivered this message to Republicans: It’s time to move on from the five-year Health Care War. And Republicans immediately responded with their own message -- no.

oJDiJy2.jpg

If I were a Repub, gawd forbid, I'd ask them to work on tax reform but thats just me.

Last edited:
The only problem with your talking point, Dottie is that since 2010 the real Party of No has been the Democrats. Harry Reid tables legislation sent over from the GOP controlled House...refusing to even bring it to the Senate floor.

After bickering/stonewalling/gnashing teeth for 5 years Repubs, yesterday renewed their ODS efforts. This is why the party of No isn't winning national elections, they don't stand "for" anything other than letting *cough* "job creators" steam roll the middle class:

When President Obama announced on Thursday that eight million Americans have now enrolled for insurance under the health-care law’s exchanges, he delivered this message to Republicans: It’s time to move on from the five-year Health Care War. And Republicans immediately responded with their own message -- no.

oJDiJy2.jpg

If I were a Repub, gawd forbid, I'd ask them to work on tax reform but thats just me.
And obama lies again, it will be this years lie of the year.

What I find amusing is that President Obama has been forced to delay major parts of the ACA to hide how bad it's going to be while at the same time declaring it's "success". Why? Because he's scared to death that the Democrats will lose the Senate if the voters got to see what ObamaCare is really going to mean for them.

If the ACA really WAS a great program...they'd let it roll out in all it's glory BEFORE the next elections so that the American people could judge for themselves what it is that the Democrats have done to them. That won't be happening however because Obama, Reid and Pelosi know how bad the ACA really is and how badly they mislead the public when they sold it to them.

The only problem with your talking point, Dottie is that since 2010 the real Party of No has been the Democrats. Harry Reid tables legislation sent over from the GOP controlled House...refusing to even bring it to the Senate floor.

End of a stupid thread.

Funny how Repubs never EVER mention the rocky start that Medicare Part D (AKA- Bu$h II care) had :eusa_eh: Why is that repub voters? :eusa_think:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVOkF396WgY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVOkF396WgY[/ame]

Obamacare is going to bite the GOP in the ars in November. They should vote to repeal it again!

oJDiJy2.jpg

The president is correct, of course.

It's time for the GOP to come up with its own plan, not just seek to destroy what's been accomplished.

Why should GOP legislation be brought to the Senate floor when they only have 45 votes?

Democrats need 60 votes to bring something to the floor

Obamacare is going to bite the GOP in the ars in November. They should vote to repeal it again!

Democrats need to keep the heat on

Let the public know that Republicans intend to take away your healthcare

Republicans aren't "for" anything other than their tired/failed policies of deregulation & tax cuts. Thats all they been for for the past 40+ years. Voters know it too. Who does it primarily benefit? The polluters and the wealthy who are the same people in many instances.

Republicans aren't "for" anything other than their tired/failed policies of deregulation & tax cuts. Thats all they been for for the past 40+ years. Voters know it too. Who does it primarily benefit? The polluters and the wealthy who are the same people in many instances.

They last time the budget was balanced, the republican controlled both houses.

Why should GOP legislation be brought to the Senate floor when they only have 45 votes?

So the people can see how their elected representatives in the Senate really feel about it for one thing, because the minority has a right to equal treatment for another. And..because you're an idiot for a third!

So the people can see how their elected representatives in the Senate really feel about it for one thing, because the minority has a right to equal treatment for another. And..because you're an idiot for a third!

Fair enough

Then you agree that Republicans should stop filibustering Democratic bills in the Senate and let them come to a vote

I'm sure that if Republicans offered to stop filibustering Democratic bills, Reid would jump at the chance to let the Republican bills come up for a vote

But even an "idiot" knows Republicans would never agree to that

Last edited:

Why should House legislation be brought to the Senate floor? Because if you don't bring legislation to the floor to even be DEBATED then nothing will get done! If you don't like the legislation that the GOP controlled House has sent you then debate those bills on the floor and send your own version back to the House for reconciliation. When Harry Reid tables what ever bills he doesn't want his Democratic Senatorial colleagues to be on the record voting for or against then he has brought our legislative process to a screeching halt. For him (and liberals like yourself) to then turn around and accuse the GOP of being the "Party of No" is farce of the highest order.

Fair enough

Then you agree that Republicans should stop filibustering Democratic bills in the Senate and let them come to a vote

I'm sure that if Republicans offered to stop filibustering Democratic bills, Reid would jump at the chance to let the Republican bills come up for a vote

Only someone as naive as yourself, Winger...doesn't realize that what Reid is doing has nothing to do with Republican's filibustering and everything to do with not having Democratic Senators on the record voting against legislation that would have created jobs. That's why Harry won't let this legislation come to the Senate floor!

Fair enough

Only someone as naive as yourself, Winger...doesn't realize that what Reid is doing has nothing to do with Republican's filibustering and everything to do with not having Democratic Senators on the record voting against legislation that would have created jobs. That's why Harry won't let this legislation come to the Senate floor!

Really?

Why would Reid bring a Republican bill to the floor when they block Democratic bills?

I assure you, if Republicans allow Democratic bills to proceed with less than 60 votes, I am sure Reid would do the same for Republicans

Sounds fair doesn't it?

How about we start with the Jobs Bill that Republicans have blocked for two years?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Jobs_Act

Last edited:

oJDiJy2.jpg

"National electionS" ?

How many are there, because I'm only aware of one, that being for president ?

Anyway, I'm really not diagreeing with you, I think that "nationally" we have reached that point where at least a slight majority have their palms out, and want to be babysit by the government.

As far as the so-called party of no. Obviously us that are trying to save the country will continue to try and kill Obamacare. We know that Americans will quickly become addicted to another entitlement, and this country will continue to spire downward into a debt pit of hell that will eventually lead to our complete destruction.

Forum List

Back