The party of small Govt does it again...

But I am not a big government lover which is why I am against this, and you are a big government lover which is why you are supporting it.

This has nothing to do with big government and you know it.

apple: orange.jpeg

Florida is a right-to-work state like Virginia. Local school systems are not responsible to see that union dues are withdrawn from teacher paychecks.

The problem is that the law violates the equal protection clause of the Constitution. It allows deductions for public service unions that back Republicans. Assuming the judge is honest, this will be overturned. You don't even need a law degree to see this. It shows how corrupt the Republicans in Florida are.

The problem is that the law violates the equal protection clause of the Constitution. It allows deductions for public service unions that back Republicans. Assuming the judge is honest, this will be overturned. You don't even need a law degree to see this. It shows how corrupt the Republicans in Florida are.
Is there such a thing? Cite?

I know the State of Virginia would not allow it for certain insurance companies they found shady nor for union dues since they are not officially recognized by the state.

No, there was nothing that specified which or if any unions could still have deductions. The AP article I posted said government workers period.

This has nothing to do with big government and you know it.

View attachment 784522

It has to do with political corruption in the Florida Republican Party. This violates the equal protection clause of the Constitution. You have to get rid of automatic deductions for all public service unions or none. You cannot do it on the basis of who supports you politically or not. This is Tammany Hall style corruption.

No, there was nothing that specified which or if any unions could still have deductions. The AP article I posted said government workers period.

"Unions that ally with Democrats, including those representing teachers and health care workers, face strict new requirements under the measure.

Public sector unions which usually endorse, contribute and work in the campaigns of Florida Republicans — correctional officers, law enforcement, firefighters, and other first responders — are exempt from the new requirements. "

Fuck you Nazi Republicans. You are going to get another lesson in the Constitution. You don't even need a law degree to see how unconstitutional it is.

So what's unconstitutional about it? Where in the Constitution does it state your employer (in this case state government) is obligated to make payroll deductions on your behalf?

"Unions that ally with Democrats, including those representing teachers and health care workers, face strict new requirements under the measure.

Public sector unions which usually endorse, contribute and work in the campaigns of Florida Republicans — correctional officers, law enforcement, firefighters, and other first responders — are exempt from the new requirements. "

Notice they didn't mention payroll deduction, only "OTHER strict requirements."

Notice they didn't mention payroll deduction, only "OTHER strict requirements."

Public sector unions which usually endorse, contribute and work in the campaigns of Florida Republicans — correctional officers, law enforcement, firefighters, and other first responders — are exempt from the new requirements.

Public sector unions which usually endorse, contribute and work in the campaigns of Florida Republicans — correctional officers, law enforcement, firefighters, and other first responders — are exempt from the new requirements.

But they didn't say which requirements those were. If they were from the payroll deduction requirements, why didn't they say so when they were writing about the payroll deduction requirements? You took it out of context to try and make a point.

Unions that ally with Democrats, including those representing teachers and health care workers, face strict new requirements under the measure.

Okay, so requirement(s) plural means more than one requirement. What other requirements are they speaking about?

But they didn't say which requirements those were. If they were from the payroll deduction requirements, why didn't they say so when they were writing about the payroll deduction requirements? You took it out of context to try and make a point.

Unions that ally with Democrats, including those representing teachers and health care workers, face strict new requirements under the measure.

Okay, so requirement(s) plural means more than one requirement. What other requirements are they speaking about?

What does it matter? Why do you support the Govt punishing some public unions and not other ones based solely on who they support at election time?

What does it matter? Why do you support the Govt punishing some public unions and not other ones based solely on who they support at election time?

I really couldn't find what "other" regulations they were talking about. In fact I went to the summary of the bill and it didn't make any mention of it.

I don't trust the media and never did. But it's a two way street, so let me ask you: Do you support the idea of responsible borrowers (usually Republican voters) having to pay higher mortgage rates to fund irresponsible borrowers (likely Democrat voters) for home loans? How about making responsible borrowers pay transfer fees on their credit cards instead of the way banks were allowed to do it before like make their money off of irresponsible borrowers with late fees and higher interest rates? Is it fair that you and I have to pay cash for our internet/cable services while likely Democrat voters (low income people) get discounts and even free services adding to our national debt?

Oh, I don't ask because I don't know what you're answer will be, but only to show you that if DeSantis is favoring his supporters, it's small potatoes compared to Democrats that do it all the time at our expense, and I don't recall you getting in on any of those discussions complaining about the same thing.

Republicans awarding friends and punishing enemies? Outrageous!!!

Only Dems are allowed to do that!!!

Forum List

Back