The Pentagon has now handed over the first billion of the 12.8 billion they allocated for The Wall!

Miles of fence has already been strengthened and repaired making it difficult for the drug cartels...the re fencing is causing them to find new areas of entry that are fewer and farther between....now the new walls will be going up...you will all be amazed on how fast walls like these can be constructed and erected....

The extremely hot weather will be descending soon. I see the wall/barrier building really picking up in the fall. But, there is also a silver lining with the hot weather coming....less incursions by illegals; and those who try risk death by natural causes.

When you cannot negotiate your way out of a wet paper bag, cheat and ignore the Constitution...that is the Trump way
And tell me how he ignored the Constitution....

The power of the purse is given to Congress, they authorize what the POTUS can spend. That is the way the Constitution set things up
He didn't change the amount spent. He spent military money on defending the nation. I call that good management.

If the military builds the wall, they should own it, maintain it and defend it.

is that going to happen?

We have military contractors to support our troops; so, yeah, we have maintenance contractors too.
Are you periodic dense, or is it terminal?

When you cannot negotiate your way out of a wet paper bag, cheat and ignore the Constitution...that is the Trump way

The power of the purse is given to Congress, they authorize what the POTUS can spend. That is the way the Constitution set things up
He didn't change the amount spent. He spent military money on defending the nation. I call that good management.

is that going to happen?

We have military contractors to support our troops; so, yeah, we have maintenance contractors too.
Are you periodic dense, or is it terminal?

So, you are stupid enough to think that the military is going to own it, maintain it and defend it.

and you call me dense!

Fuck, another moron too stupid to get his own irony.

Is it the military's job to protect the nation or not? If it is we need a wall. If not then we don't need a military and should rely on the militia. Who in turn will need to build a wall. Or shoot invader's crossing the border. Either one works for me.

Does the military defend the border in this country?

Do we station troops there and have them patrol it and stop anyone from crossing?

If you are honest you will admit the answer to both of those is no.

2 years ago I was saying on this very board that we do not need a wall, we just need to bring home half the troops in Europe and put them on the southern border to defend this nation for a change.

And everyone one of you Trump sheep told me that could not happen, that the posse continmums act would not allow it.

Amazing how quickly you change your tune.
Yes they do in emergency situations when normal border patrol can't handle the situation. I've always been all for the military guarding our border. What I'm not for is making them baby sit invaders letting them pass anyway. The military shoots people. Touch the border line and get shot. It would take a week for our military to no longer have target practice available on the border.

I'm also all for pulling out of at a a minimum 50% of our bases. 100% would be optimal but maybe not possible, So not sure who you thought you were talking to.

Miles of fence has already been strengthened and repaired making it difficult for the drug cartels...the re fencing is causing them to find new areas of entry that are fewer and farther between....now the new walls will be going up...you will all be amazed on how fast walls like these can be constructed and erected....

The extremely hot weather will be descending soon. I see the wall/barrier building really picking up in the fall. But, there is also a silver lining with the hot weather coming....less incursions by illegals; and those who try risk death by natural causes.

Never been to the border have you?

My first official day on the job at MCAS Yuma, June 12 2000, we caught 12 illegals as I was being given a tour of the ranges within driving distance of the base.

The hot weather does not stop them.

is that going to happen?
Wouldn't that be the job of the Army Corp of Engineers job? Kind of like how they build and maintain levies and dams within the country? I don't see a problem with them taking over wall construction and maintenance.

is that going to happen?
Wouldn't that be the job of the Army Corp of Engineers job? Kind of like how they build and maintain levies and dams within the country? I don't see a problem with them taking over wall construction and maintenance.

I do not see a problem with it ether, but they won't, that is my point. And the Military will not be allowed to defend the wall either.

that is why it is wrong to spend military money on it.

My first official day on the job at MCAS Yuma, June 12 2000, we caught 12 illegals as I was being given a tour of the ranges within driving distance of the base.

They'll still try, some will die, but the numbers are much, much lower.
BTW, Yuma was my winter home for 4 years between 2009-2013.

BTW, Yuma was my winter home for 4 years between 2009-2014.

you are a snowbird? Did you live on one of the slabs out in the desert in your RV?

What Trump did is brilliant. Instead of trying to get Congress to approve massive funding for the Wall, he simply increased military spending by a massive amount and then re-allocated it to the wall. LOL

MAGA!

"The Pentagon has approved the transfer of up to $1 billion to build 57 miles of President Trump's southern border wall, according to a Defense Department statement released Monday night."

"The Pentagon last week sent Congress a list that included $12.8 billion of military construction projects that funds could be pulled from for a wall, but has not yet said which projects could be postponed if funding is shifted."

Pentagon authorizes $1B in counter-drug money for Trump's border wall

th

The Pentagon requested a transfer of the appropriation. The House turned it down.

On Camp Pendleton in the 80's we had crews that would go out and retrieve dead migrants...dead from the sweltering heat...whole families.....dead...some do gooders placed water tanks along the routes but it did little good because the land owners that were being invaded would empty them.....This has gone on long enough...anyone that is in favor of illegal immigration has blood on their hands...plain and simple....and to want it for future votes or slave labor is unforgivable...

you are a snowbird? Did you live on one of the slabs out in the desert in your RV?

Was when I full-timed RV'd. MCAS put on a helluva airshow!

is that going to happen?
Absolutely and it still is military funds.

What Trump did is brilliant. Instead of trying to get Congress to approve massive funding for the Wall, he simply increased military spending by a massive amount and then re-allocated it to the wall. LOL

Spoken like a true Russian who has no idea how the American system works.

is that going to happen?

I do not see a problem with it ether, but they won't, that is my point. And the Military will not be allowed to defend the wall either.

that is why it is wrong to spend military money on it.
You could be wrong. Since the wall has been declared an emergency, perhaps they can. Where does funding from the National Gaurd come from?

I want to see the enture border turned into a string of walls and military installations. The norther border too. Complete with bombing ranges, shooting ranges, mine fields,etc. If anyone is so determined to cross anyway? Let them cross into a 24/7 manned military base. The troops cpuld use the training and experience.

Was when I full-timed RV'd. MCAS put on a helluva airshow!

That we did. I designed/coordinated air shows at 3 Marine Corps Air stations and Yuma was my favorite by far.

Kinda hard to negotiate with stone...

Trump was supposed to be the king of negotiators . the best that ever lived
He’d never dealt with stone cold Dem politicians that are willing to screw others at any cost before.

Sounds like the NY real estate market to me.

MAGA!

"The Pentagon has approved the transfer of up to $1 billion to build 57 miles of President Trump's southern border wall, according to a Defense Department statement released Monday night."

"The Pentagon last week sent Congress a list that included $12.8 billion of military construction projects that funds could be pulled from for a wall, but has not yet said which projects could be postponed if funding is shifted."

Pentagon authorizes $1B in counter-drug money for Trump's border wall

th

This is the result.

Lawmakers move to block the Pentagon's $1 billion transfer for Trump's border wall

Forum List

Back