Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Political Correctness Revolving Political Platform

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
"Political Correctness" is the current rallying call of partisan politics.

From Wikipedia: Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct, commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term primarily used as a pejorative to describe language, policies, or measures which are intended not to offend or disadvantage any particular group of people in society; in pejorative usage, those who use the term are generally implying that these policies are excessive.

On the one side, you have the Dems and their supporters...it's about hurt feelings. We don't want to hurt their feelings even though sometimes it seems more along the line of a "solution" looking for a cause...

We can't name a team "Washington Redskins"... because that is somehow demeaning. Suggested alternatives don't seem to hit the mark - for example Paleo-pigmented Indiginous American Warriors has a certain zing but is too much of a mouthful for the average fan to cheer in a stadium rally.

Not that the left is alone in utilizing Political Correctness for their cause - Freedom Fries comes to mind.

On the other side you have the Repubs and their supporters...it's about hurt feelings. We have a right to hurt your feelings so suck it up.

I always wonder about that "right" and how it is conflated with "free speech". The attitude seems to be - we have a right to behave in a bigoted fashion without being called out in it - racist, anti-semite, islamophobe, misogynist. The implication is - being called out on it, is the enforcement of "political correctness" - that the "right to free speech" means there is no recipricol right in return to denounce it because that would be "political correctness".

Political correctness can and has gone to ridiculous extremes but it's opposite side, the anti-political correctness faction is just as extreme. What used to be called "good manners", common decency has become "political correctness" and something to be denounced. And it's politics.

10305413_1005728019470309_525283604784454429_n.jpg

USMB is a politically correct board.

The rules and their enforcement make it so .

Correct me if I'm wrong.

"Political Correctness" is the current rallying call of partisan politics.

From Wikipedia: Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct, commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term primarily used as a pejorative to describe language, policies, or measures which are intended not to offend or disadvantage any particular group of people in society; in pejorative usage, those who use the term are generally implying that these policies are excessive.

On the one side, you have the Dems and their supporters...it's about hurt feelings. We don't want to hurt their feelings even though sometimes it seems more along the line of a "solution" looking for a cause...

We can't name a team "Washington Redskins"... because that is somehow demeaning. Suggested alternatives don't seem to hit the mark - for example Paleo-pigmented Indiginous American Warriors has a certain zing but is too much of a mouthful for the average fan to cheer in a stadium rally.

Not that the left is alone in utilizing Political Correctness for their cause - Freedom Fries comes to mind.

On the other side you have the Repubs and their supporters...it's about hurt feelings. We have a right to hurt your feelings so suck it up.

I always wonder about that "right" and how it is conflated with "free speech". The attitude seems to be - we have a right to behave in a bigoted fashion without being called out in it - racist, anti-semite, islamophobe, misogynist. The implication is - being called out on it, is the enforcement of "political correctness" - that the "right to free speech" means there is no recipricol right in return to denounce it because that would be "political correctness".

Political correctness can and has gone to ridiculous extremes but it's opposite side, the anti-political correctness faction is just as extreme. What used to be called "good manners", common decency has become "political correctness" and something to be denounced. And it's politics.
Political correctness is only used for controlling people they don't agree with...

It's a dog whistle

The left calls us those names irregardless of what we post. So they get back what they dish out.

You mean names like treasonous, anti-american, terrorist supporter?
:Yes I've been called those and yes I've gave them back what they dished out.

I say I don't like Obamacare...............Many play the race card.
I say I don't believe in abortion........Get called a Sexist and bigot.

And when I ditch the Federal Reserve and the Too Big to Fail...............I GET CALLED A LIBERAL.........that is kinda offensive to me.

Riddle me this.............Do you agree with taking Assad out?

How does it relate to the thread? Because for disagreeing with that policy I was called Anti-American and a Traitor.

The left calls us those names irregardless of what we post. So they get back what they dish out.

You mean names like treasonous, anti-american, terrorist supporter?
:Yes I've been called those and yes I've gave them back what they dished out.

I say I don't like Obamacare...............Many play the race card.
I say I don't believe in abortion........Get called a Sexist and bigot.

And when I ditch the Federal Reserve and the Too Big to Fail...............I GET CALLED A LIBERAL.........that is kinda offensive to me.

Ya...I can understand why you'd blow your top at being called a liberal :lol:

I think both sides indulge in plenty of name calling.

Agree. You are free to offend. But I should likewise be free to call you on it :)

And vice versa

It works both ways - agree. But what ever happened to self-restraint? The fact that yes, I have a right to say it - but I would rather not.

Since when has it become so important to deliberately offend people just because you can?

IDK, it happens outside of politics I see it with our children. The new society I guess

How does it relate to the thread? Because for disagreeing with that policy I was called Anti-American and a Traitor.

Ya, but I'm not sure that's really a matter of "political correctness" vs juvinile debate tactics.

Look at Donald Trump - he goes off on what he calls PC by being deliberately offensive - anti-PC rhetoric, aimed at groups of people he doesn't care for, not because they've done anything to him but because he can. His supporters applaud that and those that criticize those tactics are labeled as trying to impose political correctness.

Agree. You are free to offend. But I should likewise be free to call you on it :)

And vice versa

It works both ways - agree. But what ever happened to self-restraint? The fact that yes, I have a right to say it - but I would rather not.

Since when has it become so important to deliberately offend people just because you can?

IDK, it happens outside of politics I see it with our children. The new society I guess

Maybe...I remember a friend one time, who had a kid sister - big age gap, he was in his early twenties and she was 5. He was very proud of her for publically talking back and dissing someone.

The problem with being politically correct is it its requirements... Morally and ethically corrupt along with having no common sense whatsoever are all part of being politically correct.

The problem with being politically correct is it its requirements... Morally and ethically corrupt along with having no common sense whatsoever are all part of being politically correct.

Can you expand on that?

Ya, but I'm not sure that's really a matter of "political correctness" vs juvinile debate tactics.

Look at Donald Trump - he goes off on what he calls PC by being deliberately offensive - anti-PC rhetoric, aimed at groups of people he doesn't care for, not because they've done anything to him but because he can. His supporters applaud that and those that criticize those tactics are labeled as trying to impose political correctness.
So, you want Assad gone..............and to discuss that here is Juvenile................?

It ties directly to the subject at hand and recent calling of Traitors...............

I don't support Trump..........but will never vote for Hillary. Trump is simply Trump..........a wild card.

Forum List

Back