🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Political Correctness Revolving Political Platform

I would like a single USMB member who has identified political correctness as a major problem in America to give us the details surrounding a single time when they were prevented from saying something that they wanted to say by some law or degree.

Let's see how free speech has been impeded by the PC police.

Anyone?

Ok. It's not about being prevented by law or decree.

It's similar to.............what happens when all of the kids in a class room stand up for the pledge of allegiance and one sits down.

Let's take immigration.

You mean peer pressure?

What about immigration?

I would like a single USMB member who has identified political correctness as a major problem in America to give us the details surrounding a single time when they were prevented from saying something that they wanted to say by some law or degree.

Anyone?

It's similar to.............what happens when all of the kids in a class room stand up for the pledge of allegiance and one sits down.

Let's take immigration.

You mean peer pressure?

What about immigration?

Woops. I went to get coffee and didn't realize that I hit post.

Peer pressure that includes bullying tactics such as name calling and harassment. You have the right to sit but there is a fair amount of coercion taking place.

Refusal to deal with undocumented workers that displaced lower wage workers has allowed an ongoing crisis to occur. There are also pretty loud voices of where they are crossing from the land owners that are looking at the dead bodies on their properties.

The extremist voices were the loudest (and have always been there) and the response from the left elite squad was to argue that particular view point. Rather than allow the reasonable voices to come forward and articulate the arguments then it became any argument was deemed racist. You may have the right to speak your mind but the backlash is often considerable. You're a little more wary of wading into the argument and now it is a self censorship thing.

Now, if someone sought through force of law to subject bigots to punitive measures as a consequence of their speech, such as a fine or imprisonment, or likewise sought to disadvantage the media or press for disseminating bigoted speech, that would be a potential First Amendment/free speech violation.

Of course, no one is advocating for any such thing.

images

Isn't that what the Hate Crime Laws are all about?

Putting punitive measures on top of whatever punishment would normally apply to the crime because people believe the crime was caused because of bigotry?

I do believe so.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Crime is all about motive .

Terrorism is more about the motive than the action . Should we dump terror laws?

Look at murder . All kinds of degrees and even justified in some cases . All about motive .

What used to be called "good manners", common decency has become "political correctness" and something to be denounced. And it's politics.
Take a look around this board, at the people who agree with and defend PC.

Very few, if any of them, practice "good manners" or "common decency" when dealing with those who dare to disagree with them. For those people, it's the most vicious and nasty personal insults and name-calling the PC-friendly posters can conjure. The list of these posters is long, indeed.

So perhaps these folks who are so concerned with "good manners" and "common decency" should first look in the mirror, clean their OWN houses and treats OTHERS with good manners and common decency before they decide to issue "consequences" to anyone who dares to "offend" them.

Not holding my breath, of course.

And by the way - I'm an independent and I lean left.

Last edited:

Anyone?

Let's take immigration.

You mean peer pressure?

What about immigration?

Peer pressure that includes bullying tactics such as name calling and harassment. You have the right to sit but there is a fair amount of coercion taking place.

Refusal to deal with undocumented workers that displaced lower wage workers has allowed an ongoing crisis to occur. There are also pretty loud voices of where they are crossing from the land owners that are looking at the dead bodies on their properties.

The extremist voices were the loudest (and have always been there) and the response from the left elite squad was to argue that particular view point. Rather than allow the reasonable voices to come forward and articulate the arguments then it became any argument was deemed racist. You may have the right to speak your mind but the backlash is often considerable. You're a little more wary of wading into the argument and now it is a self censorship thing.

That "common sense" idea that undocumented workers are displacing low wage workers isn't supported by the facts. That tactic was used to keep black Americans "in their place" for a very long time.

I do not believe that you are a racist because you want to discuss the immigration issue. Is that a concern of yours? Are you concerned that someone will call you a racist for wanting to talk about the issue?

What used to be called "good manners", common decency has become "political correctness" and something to be denounced. And it's politics.
Take a look around this board, at the people who agree with and defend PC.

Very few, if any of them, practice "good manners" or "common decency" when dealing with those who dare to disagree with them. For those people, it's the most vicious and nasty personal insults and name-calling the PC-friendly posters can conjure. The list of these posters is long, indeed.

So perhaps these folks who are so concerned with "good manners" and "common decency" should first look in the mirror, clean their OWN houses and treats OTHERS with good manners and common decency before they decide to issue "consequences" to anyone who dares to "offend" them.

Not holding my breath, of course.

And by the way - I'm an independent and I lean left.

Of course not. You have your mind made up already.

Anyone?

Let's take immigration.

You mean peer pressure?

What about immigration?

That "common sense" idea that undocumented workers are displacing low wage workers isn't supported by the facts. That tactic was used to keep black Americans "in their place" for a very long time.

I do not believe that you are a racist because you want to discuss the immigration issue. Is that a concern of yours? Are you concerned that someone will call you a racist for wanting to talk about the issue?

Against the Wall

Mayhap Cornell West and Elijah Anderson can articulate it better than I and (you're looking at pages 94-95,96) then we can move away from calling it a "common sense" idea. Hotels in Florida--house cleaning? Restaurants? Janitors? Meat packing? Canning?

Am I personally afraid that someone will call me a racist for discussing immigration? Nope. When I take a position, it is not simply to be contrary. Do I see it happening? Yep and on a variety of issues so that the end game is merely to silence another view point. Have I had it happen on other issues? Yep.

Anyone?

Let's take immigration.

You mean peer pressure?

What about immigration?

Against the Wall

Mayhap Cornell West and Elijah Anderson can articulate it better than I and (you're looking at pages 94-95,96) then we can move away from calling it a "common sense" idea. Hotels in Florida--house cleaning? Restaurants? Janitors? Meat packing? Canning?

Am I personally afraid that someone will call me a racist for discussing immigration? Nope. When I take a position, it is not simply to be contrary. Do I see it happening? Yep and on a variety of issues so that the end game is merely to silence another view point. Have I had it happen on other issues? Yep.

Whatever, I don't see anyone being silenced by anybody.

Now, if someone sought through force of law to subject bigots to punitive measures as a consequence of their speech, such as a fine or imprisonment, or likewise sought to disadvantage the media or press for disseminating bigoted speech, that would be a potential First Amendment/free speech violation.

Of course, no one is advocating for any such thing.

images

Isn't that what the Hate Crime Laws are all about?

Putting punitive measures on top of whatever punishment would normally apply to the crime because people believe the crime was caused because of bigotry?

I do believe so.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Crime is all about motive .

Terrorism is more about the motive than the action . Should we dump terror laws?

Look at murder . All kinds of degrees and even justified in some cases . All about motive .

images

Yeah right..... How many people in Ferguson and Baltimore were rounded up for their acts of mayhem and arson if we're defining hate crimes as an acts of terrorism?

*****SMILE*****

Forum List

Back