The Post-Trump GOP

“I really hope this party comes back to its senses.”
And realize what? That they have the most popular, most desired politician of all time on their side?

You mean that politician who just lost the election with a margin of 7 million votes and handles losing worse than the average six year old?

Yeah, the almost dead dude wearing the Depends, the dude who can’t fill a small parking lot with supporters.

How many Republicans have garnered 74,000,000 LEGITIMATE votes?

Those who ran against a Democrat who garnered 81,000,000 legitimate votes. :p
10 million were fraudulent.

This is a very large part of why Trump won in 2016 and why the Dems underperformed in November. The Regressive Left wing of the party -- the illiberal, authoritarian end that pushes Political Correctness, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture -- has damaged the party considerably.
You're describing the WHOLE FUCKING PARTY.

There are no more liberals in the Dem party. They all bailed. It's a goose-stepping commie fest.

Guess if you took the effort of actually talking with some Democrats, you'd probably realize many of them are decent human beings, rather than the silly caricatures the Trump fake news machine wants you to believe they are.

Considering how many Reps still cling to Trump and fail to defend the Constitution against Trump's attempts to piss on it, looks like they're in lockstep to me... but I'm pretty sure there must still be many decent people among them. It's just about time they finally speak up again.
They can't do that. I don't know how familiar you are with the alternate universe they have created, but they are conditioned to avoid / ignore / dismiss anything they are provided in their ideological ecosystem as "fake news" and "commie lies". This alternate universe is now entirely self-sustaining and fully functional. They have their reality, the rest of the country and world has another.

I'm being dead serious. This is what we're dealing with here.

Yeah, I have a vague idea about this problem ... over here in Germany, we have such a faction as well. Fortunately, it's still relatively small, the only party that panders to them and fuels their ideas is the far-right AfD, but it only gets around 10% of the votes and is shunned by all other parties, including the moderate right. Hope it stays that way.

But it's really scary to imagine they might rise in numbers. You got them siding with conspiracy ideologues denying Covid, watching racist anti-immigrant fake news online and watching Russian propaganda like RT News that rallys them up against our free, republican system. Really disgusting.

I'd call them what they are, traitors, but the problem is that won't bring us any further and will convince none of them.
Well, try to look at us as a cautionary tale. You went through the 30s and 40s with something similar in a few ways. You made it, but not before a great deal of damage was done. It's difficult for many of us to understand how this is happening. We thought that history taught us something.

I have a brother who lives in London, and as goofy as things are there now, he's just stunned by what he's seeing coming from us. We're in regression right now, and we have to find a way past this. Soon.

Yes, it's especially the division in America that worries me a lot. Looks like you guys can't even agree anymore what's facts and the truth.

As you say, we had such a massive division over here, too, in the 1920s... with genuine communists on one side winning more than 20% of the vote, and genuine fascists on the other winning 30-40% ... and a far-right media corporation owning more than 50% of the papers and radio stations at that time spreading fake news. Both sides were no longer capable of even agreeing on reality.

We all know how that ended: One side finally got the power, did away with the republic and murdered the other side in camps and gas chambers.

Fingers crossed.

What's next for the GOP?

A couple of very interesting pieces this morning. Interestingly, much of what they cover includes what we've been talking about here. The anti-Trump types like the Lincoln Project know damn well that he has a vice-like grip on the party, and will even have to consider running separate candidates, which we haven't really talked about here. The party is so afraid of Trump, in fact, that they're not even engaging in the traditional post-mortem for fear of angering him. Holy crap.

At the same time, they did do better than expected down ticket (or was it the Democrats doing worse than expected?), so that just muddies the waters even more. So what do the next few years look like for the GOP?

Oh, for Trumpsters: Ignore all this, he won, "by a lot", they cheated, he'll stay in office, MAGA.
Trump is the GOP.
the GOTP, the Grand Old Trump Party.
The White Grievance Party.

In a nation founded, funded and run by whites.
Makes perfect sense to have a White Grievance Party...no?

This is a very large part of why Trump won in 2016 and why the Dems underperformed in November. The Regressive Left wing of the party -- the illiberal, authoritarian end that pushes Political Correctness, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture -- has damaged the party considerably.

There are no more liberals in the Dem party. They all bailed. It's a goose-stepping commie fest.

Guess if you took the effort of actually talking with some Democrats, you'd probably realize many of them are decent human beings, rather than the silly caricatures the Trump fake news machine wants you to believe they are.

Considering how many Reps still cling to Trump and fail to defend the Constitution against Trump's attempts to piss on it, looks like they're in lockstep to me... but I'm pretty sure there must still be many decent people among them. It's just about time they finally speak up again.
When did Trump threaten to piss on the Constitution?

It's pointless to argue with morons who have lost all touche with reality.

Republicans are being short sighted

Pandering to the MAGA crowd may help them win with the older, white Christians who fear their loss of power.

But younger Americans and minorities are repulsed by the actions of the far right. They are lost forever

I think the Republicans are very capable of alienating conservatives if they put their mind to it.

The Late John McCain and Mitt Romney were tremendous in doing that. But the key of the LP folks is to expel the base from the Republican Party so they can reassert control.

John McCain was a Maverick. He would back his party but when given a choice between party and his state, he would do what was in the best interest of his state.

Romney is a devout Mormon. As such, he is repulsed by Trump and his antics. He votes accordingly

McCain was willing to betray his party for good press. He thought that would get him in the White House.

But you people turned on his, on a dime. Because everything you say, is a bullshit. so reversing course is easy for you.

That you took him back afterwards, and that he accepted that, is him being a broken old man.
McCain backed Republicans on Trumpcare, he voted for it.

However, when Republicans pivoted and went to a blind repeal of Obamacare without anything to cover those who would lose coverage......He gave a thumbs down
Bunk. He opposed it to fuck Trump.

Really?
Then why did he vote FOR Trumpcare?

That would have been the bigger victory
Why did he vote for it before he voted against it?

Simple: he's a douchebag.

He didn’t vote against Trumpcare

What he voted against was the callous attempt to repeal Obamacare without concern for those it would hurt

Question is.....Why didn’t more Republicans?

Pandering to the MAGA crowd may help them win with the older, white Christians who fear their loss of power.

But younger Americans and minorities are repulsed by the actions of the far right. They are lost forever

I think the Republicans are very capable of alienating conservatives if they put their mind to it.

The Late John McCain and Mitt Romney were tremendous in doing that. But the key of the LP folks is to expel the base from the Republican Party so they can reassert control.

John McCain was a Maverick. He would back his party but when given a choice between party and his state, he would do what was in the best interest of his state.

Romney is a devout Mormon. As such, he is repulsed by Trump and his antics. He votes accordingly

McCain was willing to betray his party for good press. He thought that would get him in the White House.

But you people turned on his, on a dime. Because everything you say, is a bullshit. so reversing course is easy for you.

That you took him back afterwards, and that he accepted that, is him being a broken old man.

However, when Republicans pivoted and went to a blind repeal of Obamacare without anything to cover those who would lose coverage......He gave a thumbs down

Really?

What he voted against was the callous attempt to repeal Obamacare without concern for those it would hurt

He voted against Trump care. Your spin fools no one.

All the observers who watched the election process, observers from both parties as well as independent observers btw, the state officials from both parties responsible for organizing the election, as well as all courts Trump appealed to, disagree with you.

It's time for the Trump fake news machine to finally come to terms with reality.

You wanted legal recounts? You wanted courts looking into potential fraud? Fair enough ... all this has been done and no evidence whatsoever of your "fraud" was found. Why is it so hard to accept for you that a majority of voters simply didn't think as highly of Trump as you do?

Really?

Wrong again Finger Boy!

There were two votes
The fist was for the abysmal Trumpcare, that McCain supported
The second, a month later, was to repeal Obamacare with no identified replacement. McCain gave a thumbs down

They can't do that. I don't know how familiar you are with the alternate universe they have created, but they are conditioned to avoid / ignore / dismiss anything they are provided in their ideological ecosystem as "fake news" and "commie lies". This alternate universe is now entirely self-sustaining and fully functional. They have their reality, the rest of the country and world has another.

Yeah, I have a vague idea about this problem ... over here in Germany, we have such a faction as well. Fortunately, it's still relatively small, the only party that panders to them and fuels their ideas is the far-right AfD, but it only gets around 10% of the votes and is shunned by all other parties, including the moderate right. Hope it stays that way.

But it's really scary to imagine they might rise in numbers. You got them siding with conspiracy ideologues denying Covid, watching racist anti-immigrant fake news online and watching Russian propaganda like RT News that rallys them up against our free, republican system. Really disgusting.

I'd call them what they are, traitors, but the problem is that won't bring us any further and will convince none of them.
Well, try to look at us as a cautionary tale. You went through the 30s and 40s with something similar in a few ways. You made it, but not before a great deal of damage was done. It's difficult for many of us to understand how this is happening. We thought that history taught us something.

I have a brother who lives in London, and as goofy as things are there now, he's just stunned by what he's seeing coming from us. We're in regression right now, and we have to find a way past this. Soon.

Yes, it's especially the division in America that worries me a lot. Looks like you guys can't even agree anymore what's facts and the truth.

As you say, we had such a massive division over here, too, in the 1920s... with genuine communists on one side winning more than 20% of the vote, and genuine fascists on the other winning 30-40% ... and a far-right media corporation owning more than 50% of the papers and radio stations at that time spreading fake news. Both sides were no longer capable of even agreeing on reality.

We all know how that ended: One side finally got the power, did away with the republic and murdered the other side in camps and gas chambers.

Fingers crossed.
So your wish is to murder 75 million Americans who say your full of shit?

How fascist of you

Fingers crossed.
And this problem you bring up -- "Looks like you guys can't even agree anymore what's facts and the truth" -- it's real, it's literal. And I'm not trying to be funny here, but you essentially have to do some inner translating when trying to communicate with them. First, they have "facts" and conspiracy theories that may sound crazy when you hear them, and second, they are simply unaware of things that are otherwise common knowledge. So you have to remember that when trying to communicate with them. You have to operate in two realities.

I first noticed this when discussing the Meltdown of 2008 with them. Finance has been my profession for 20+ years, I've studied the Meltdown extensively, and the story they have been told about it is simply wrong. It was so bizarre for me, with all the information available to them, that I just gave up trying to discuss it with them.

So, yeah. Fingers crossed.

When he declared *before* the election he will only accept the result if he wins, and when after the election, he pushed the lie narrative to "fraud" among his supporters to undermine the will of the people and the institutions of the free republic as they are determined in the Constitution.

All the observers who watched the election process, observers from both parties as well as independent observers btw, the state officials from both parties responsible for organizing the election, as well as all courts Trump appealed to, disagree with you.

It's time for the Trump fake news machine to finally come to terms with reality.

You wanted legal recounts? You wanted courts looking into potential fraud? Fair enough ... all this has been done and no evidence whatsoever of your "fraud" was found. Why is it so hard to accept for you that a majority of voters simply didn't think as highly of Trump as you do?
Irrefutable evidence of voter fraud:

Georgia Voter Fraud Caught Red-Handed

besides-that.jpg

And realize what? That they have the most popular, most desired politician of all time on their side?

You mean that politician who just lost the election with a margin of 7 million votes and handles losing worse than the average six year old?

Yeah, the almost dead dude wearing the Depends, the dude who can’t fill a small parking lot with supporters.

The problem you have is that nobody even half sane believes that. We all saw his ‘crowds’ at his events, we saw that he had no support. The math doesn’t add up for anybody who made it past second grade.

Fingers crossed.

How fascist of you

Uhm, no. But very telling this is how you read my posting.

It looks like this must be spelled out in America in 2020, but one political party murdering the other in camps is just the example in history that should better be avoided ... if you're sane, that is.

Really?

Wrong again Finger Boy!

There were two votes
The fist was for the abysmal Trumpcare, that McCain supported
The second, a month later, was to repeal Obamacare with no identified replacement. McCain gave a thumbs down
The replacement was go back to the old system..

I hope McCain is burning in hell right now for giving arms to ISIS and almost sinking a US aircraft carrier

What's next for the GOP?

A couple of very interesting pieces this morning. Interestingly, much of what they cover includes what we've been talking about here. The anti-Trump types like the Lincoln Project know damn well that he has a vice-like grip on the party, and will even have to consider running separate candidates, which we haven't really talked about here. The party is so afraid of Trump, in fact, that they're not even engaging in the traditional post-mortem for fear of angering him. Holy crap.

At the same time, they did do better than expected down ticket (or was it the Democrats doing worse than expected?), so that just muddies the waters even more. So what do the next few years look like for the GOP?

Oh, for Trumpsters: Ignore all this, he won, "by a lot", they cheated, he'll stay in office, MAGA.
My thoughts:

With tRump still around and noisy (damn is he ever noisy!) They will be a party divided unless they throw their weight behind him. And if they do, as they must to have even the slightest chance at the presidency in 2024, then all the down ballot races have to kiss the orange ass for support, taking the party even farther afield from it's long lost core principals. Four more years of this and the gop is forever gone. Replaced by the tRumplings.

Fingers crossed.

How fascist of you

Uhm, no. But very telling this is how you read my posting.

It looks like this must be spelled out in America in 2020, but one political party murdering the other in camps is just the example in history that should better be avoided ... if you're sane, that is.
Well what does fingers crossed mean in British?

When he declared *before* the election he will only accept the result if he wins, and when after the election, he pushed the lie narrative to "fraud" among his supporters to undermine the will of the people and the institutions of the free republic as they are determined in the Constitution.
Sorry, but saying things that you disagree with is not "pissing on the Constitution."

The problem you have is that nobody even half sane believes that. We all saw his ‘crowds’ at his events, we saw that he had no support. The math doesn’t add up for anybody who made it past second grade.

Well, obviously, your mere gut feelings are not quite as reliable as you think they are.

Forum List

Back