The Prez is WRONG! (from a Trump Loyalist)

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
Earlier today, Our Beloved President tweeted: "For the purpose of creating conflict and confusion, some in the Fake News Media are saying that it is the Governors decision to open up the states, not that of the President of the United States & the Federal Government. Let it be fully understood that this is incorrect....It is the decision of the President, and for many good reasons."

I believe that DJT is the best President we have had in a long time, but in this he is wrong. It is entirely up to the Governors; the President can only recommend, make suggestions, remove federal constraints.

Sorry. He's my President but in this case he is wrong.

Not that it means anything. He can't override a Governor's decision anyway. Any attempt to do so would be void.

Parenthetically, my Governor, Thomas Wolf of Pennsylvania, apparently thinks he lives in New Jersey, and has clamped down accordingly. But he's a Democrat, so what should one expect?

Earlier today, Our Beloved President tweeted: "For the purpose of creating conflict and confusion, some in the Fake News Media are saying that it is the Governors decision to open up the states, not that of the President of the United States & the Federal Government. Let it be fully understood that this is incorrect....It is the decision of the President, and for many good reasons."

I believe that DJT is the best President we have had in a long time, but in this he is wrong. It is entirely up to the Governors; the President can only recommend, make suggestions, remove federal constraints.

This actually is an interesting question. I believe that the president during a national emergency could shut down the country as the governors did, and as such the president would have the power to lift the emergency constraints he put in place.

But it wasn't the president who shut down the country, but the governors who shut down their individual states, so the president as you said, has no power to order the reopening of the things the governors closed.

In short, only the person who does something, has the power to undo it.

This actually is an interesting question. I believe that the president during a national emergency could shut down the country as the governors did, and as such the president would have the power to lift the emergency constraints he put in place.

But it wasn't the president who shut down the country, but the governors who shut down their individual states, so the president as you said, has no power to order the reopening of the things the governors closed.

The President has Emergency powers now in each and every state in the country.

Trump is correct about this, but he has been using a light hand so far and letting the governors make the big decisions as is probably the best approach.

Not that it means anything. He can't override a Governor's decision anyway. Any attempt to do so would be void.

Parenthetically, my Governor, Thomas Wolf of Pennsylvania, apparently thinks he lives in New Jersey, and has clamped down accordingly. But he's a Democrat, so what should one expect?
I disagree....once the federal government reopens the country and gives out the guidelines and the path to doing so from experts then the governors can take control...but look what the governors are doing now asking for ten times what they really need...you have to think of Governors as bureaucrats in this instance.....Trump is right to retain that power for now.... remember we can't just go back to the way it was over night...we have to carefully back our way out of this or it will all be for not.....

Trump is correct about this, but he has been using a light hand so far and letting the governors make the big decisions as is probably the best approach.

Trump isn't "using a light hand", he's looking to figure out ways to avoid responsibility for this, so that he can try to get reelected. One of the ways of doing that is to say that other people are in charge of the pandemic (like Pence).

And no, Trump has zero authority as to how a state runs it's own affairs.

Remember...not all states will open up at the same time and some states will open up by city and county ...this takes the feds to monitor....in conjunction with the states of course....

Hey Rambunctious, just because you don't like the fact that Trump has zero say so in how individual states run their affairs, doesn't make it any less true. Trump has zero authority to override the governor's decisions.

The President has neither the power to remove constitutional rights (e.g., the right of peaceable assembly) nor to give them back, even when he declares a "National Emergency."

This is one of the many times when Our Beloved President truly should have spoken to AG Barr before tweeting. Trump is occasionally mistaken, but rarely WRONG, as in this case.

As I said President Trump has the power to shut the states down, but he didn't do so. As such he has no power to open the states up, that's simple logic. What president Trump would have to do, is he would have to order a federal shutdown of all the states that overrides the orders from the state governors. And then he could arguably decide when the states open up again.

Yes he is wrong about this. Only the individual governors can control their own states.

But that being said, that absolves Trump of any wrongdoing should they open up early and we spike again. Out of his hands means OUT OF HIS HANDS and also NOT HIS RESPONSIBILITY.

If he's wrong or not, I would not want that responsibility seeing how the sorry vermin democrat will do all they can to make it backfire.

Incorrect.

I agree. Wolff is an alarmist, an over reactionary and a gutless pussy. He has no problem bringing our economy to it's knees. He doesn't have the balls to do anything but take the easy way out.

Trump cannot override the governors directly

but when he removes the national emergency declaration the rules change and states will be riding a smaller gravy train

they will need money

if it doesent come from Uncle Santa Claus they better open up and start collecting state and local taxes

Last edited:

Forum List

Back