The progressive war on Christmas/Christianity

You know all that how, exactly, bigot?

irony_alert.jpg

I'm sure a "you don't know what irony means" is next, just like she doesn't know what the fuck a pun is.

snore.gif
I get tired of leading people around by the hand because they, in this case kgrill, can't grasp a concept as well.
But, but ... Megan just assured me Jesus was white.

I know right? :p Reassuring her white xstian viewers that they can sleep soundly knowing that St Nick (someone from Asia Minor :eusa_shhh: ) is a white guy like them. :doubt:

Last edited:
You know all that how, exactly, bigot?

irony_alert.jpg

I'm sure a "you don't know what irony means" is next, just like she doesn't know what the fuck a pun is.

snore.gif
I get tired of leading people around by the hand because they, in this case kgrill, can't grasp a concept as well.
But, but ... Megan just assured me Jesus was white.

I know right :p Reassuring her white xstian viewers that they can sleep soundly knowing that St Nick (someone from Asia Minor :eusa_shhh: ) is a white guy like them.

it's imperative our media institutions protect our historical views of religion from the pernacious attacks of secular athieism. (-:

kgrill is just a sick freak.

As to the OP, Megyn is just giving their demographic the red meat they crave regardless of its veracity.

Well, I try to have fun with it. Living in the bible belt, i'm astounded at the amout of land that does not pay property taxes. I'm fine with it. I do some religious thingee/activity every week, be is church or sunday school or meals on wheels or a supper .... but I just don't see a "progressive" war. I see a generation that has grown up in racially mixed, often single parent, and more often "parents' with no biological connection, where sexual oreintation is of no concern, with a govt and social construct that at best doesn't harm them..... If they view organized and traditional religions as being tools to fk them economically and literally, I can't say I blame them.

My,that sure is difficult for a real bigot to swallow.
Practice what you preach! Or stop preaching.
And when you are confronted with your hypocrisy you are so mad. Now, isn't that to bad.

I love the anti-Christian assertion that unless Christians practice their faith in a way that is obvious and pleasing to non-christians, then they aren't *real* Christians, and therefore have no right to practice their faith at all.

yeah, why take it down? And my megan comment was not made for a racial impact but rather to indicate Fox news is defending our historical view of christianity. I attempted tongue in cheek, but not to derail the thread. I disagree with the premise that there is a progressive agenda, but the OP has a political message.

Imaginary, unlike the American conservatives war on the poor.

a few atheists do war on Christianity and a few Christians war on all of else.

It's the American way.

Sure but poll after poll shows that traditional christianity simply doesn't have a message that appeals to many xers and millenials. I just don't think that can be attributed to a progressive war. Rather, for white kids, I think it's the anti-gay, anti-reproductive rights, anti-women's rights agendas that are often combined with an racist / xenaphobic back ground.

Not wishing to put works in KG's mouth, it seems she attributes the dissatisfaction with progressives. I disagree. Xers and millenials are not turning from spritituality.

Blacks have different issues. Largely the destruction of the urban middle class.

I don't think the RC church is losing latinos. They've got a problem with whites over the sex abuse thing. But, amongst priests and bishops aiming their message to latino groups there's always been a social justice message, even under the panzer pope.

Last edited:

This Republican declared war on poverty by making 100 quilt tops for them last year through my needle guild. This year I only got 50 made, but it was a little harder for some reason.

It's like nothing compared to a lot of Republicans and Democrats who support troops with more than just a turkey dinner. All I have now is fabrics and the will to try to do my part for God's beloved, who are the poor.

You shouldn't just make blanket statements, rdean. They're pretty easy to see through when you try to dirty someone's name by the good you're saying they don't do. That's not what I see out here where the rubber hits the road. The Republicans I know are very generous--so generous, they give of time and resources until it hurts sometimes.

:lol:

We're gonna keep on keeping on as best we are able.

This Republican declared war on poverty by making 100 quilt tops for them last year through my needle guild. This year I only got 50 made, but it was a little harder for some reason.

It's like nothing compared to a lot of Republicans and Democrats who support troops with more than just a turkey dinner. All I have now is fabrics and the will to try to do my part for God's beloved, who are the poor.

You shouldn't just make blanket statements, rdean. They're pretty easy to see through when you try to dirty someone's name by the good you're saying they don't do. That's not what I see out here where the rubber hits the road. The Republicans I know are very generous--so generous, they give of time and resources until it hurts sometimes.

:lol:

We're gonna keep on keeping on as best we are able.

I'm sure there are a couple of Republicans somewhere who are generous. But the million people who worked hard and lost their jobs and are losing their unemployment three days after Christmas probably don't think so. And the 1.9 million 90 days after that probably don't think so.
Republicans think if they find an old can of creamed corn in the back of the pantry and give it away, they are oh so generous.
But what the poor need are help and skills. Things that are learned. They don't need second hand charity.

Forum List

Back