The progressive war on Christmas/Christianity

It should be either taken down or moved.

Thread cleaned. Lets get back on topic or we'll have to shut this one down. Thank you...

Understandable, given the fact the false premise of the OP is embarrassing to conservatives, where there is no ‘war’ on Christians, much less Christmas.

Sorry about the source, the article is an oxymoron, but it's what the left does...:eusa_shhh:

Is There a Global War on Christians?

R. Andrew Chesnut
10/21/13

Despite his generally insightful reporting on Vatican affairs, Allen has not only done a disservice to Christians around the globe suffering real repression and persecution but has dangerously fanned the flames of religious conflict by calling upon Christians to resist a fictitious war that exists only on the pages of his book and in the questionable data of certain Christian organizations.

Is There a Global War on Christians? | R. Andrew Chesnut

Let me put on my pagan/liberal/atheist hat:::

master.Family_Christmas_Lo_Res1.jpg

Happy Winter Solstice

Hats off...:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Veterans group to fight order to tear down Calif. cross

_h353_w628_m6_otrue_lfalse.jpg

5 hr ago |By Dan Whitcomb of Reuters

"We are definitely appealing and are committed to preserving this veterans memorial the way it was intended to be, which includes a cross," said Mateer, general counsel for the Liberty Institute.

LOS ANGELES - A veterans association that built a massive cross overlooking San Diego as part of a war memorial plans to fight a federal judge's order to tear it down, a lawyer for the group said on Friday.

Attorney Jeff Mateer said he hoped the U.S. Supreme Court, which last year declined to intervene in the 25-year legal battle, will step in now that there has been an order to dismantle the cross, and rule for his clients.

"We are definitely appealing and are committed to preserving this veterans memorial the way it was intended to be, which includes a cross," said Mateer, general counsel for the Liberty Institute, which is representing the Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial Association in the case.

"We are definitely appealing and are committed to preserving this veterans memorial the way it was intended to be, which includes a cross," said Mateer, general counsel for the Liberty Institute.

LOS ANGELES - A veterans association that built a massive cross overlooking San Diego as part of a war memorial plans to fight a federal judge's order to tear it down, a lawyer for the group said on Friday.

Attorney Jeff Mateer said he hoped the U.S. Supreme Court, which last year declined to intervene in the 25-year legal battle, will step in now that there has been an order to dismantle the cross, and rule for his clients.

"We are definitely appealing and are committed to preserving this veterans memorial the way it was intended to be, which includes a cross," said Mateer, general counsel for the Liberty Institute, which is representing the Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial Association in the case.

That's the first time I've seen a picture of it.

And my first impression is that it doesn't seem like a Veterans Memorial at all since the most prominent feature, far and away, is the Christian Cross. It literally dwarfs anything and everything else about the memorial. In fact, even from close up, you can't see any plaques or anything else denoting a memorial to Veterans or anything to do with Americans who have sacrificed their lives in battle. But the cross itself towers over everything else.

But be that as it may, there's one question that remains. What about all the Veterans who fell in combat and were either of different faiths or no faith at all? Don't they count?

And my first impression is that it doesn't seem like a Veterans Memorial at all since the most prominent feature, far and away, is the Christian Cross. It literally dwarfs anything and everything else about the memorial. In fact, even from close up, you can't see any plaques or anything else denoting a memorial to Veterans or anything to do with Americans who have sacrificed their lives in battle. But the cross itself towers over everything else.

But be that as it may, there's one question that remains. What about all the Veterans who fell in combat and were either of different faiths or no faith at all? Don't they count?
It wasn't a memorial originally. That is part of the cover up.

It should be either taken down or moved.

Thread cleaned. Lets get back on topic or we'll have to shut this one down. Thank you...

Understandable, given the fact the false premise of the OP is embarrassing to conservatives, where there is no ‘war’ on Christians, much less Christmas.

The left has been trying to get Christ out of Christmas for over 20 years.
We have Schools who forbid exchanges of religious Christmas cards, Christmas trees and human choir Christmas trees and religious Christmas songs.

No war on Christians?
There is a war on Christians all over the world.
Why is it that Muslim women can wear their religious head scarf but Christian women can't wear their cross necklaces to work?
Christians have no right to wear cross at work, says Government - Telegraph

This same thing happened here in America not too long ago.

Considering the size of the cross in relationship to the size of the memorial and the fact that it's not easily accessible, that's not really a surprise.

I suspect most "honest" Republicans would answer "no".

Buddug, so why not post a link, did you think we'd believe you...:lol:

A so-called war on Christianity does not mean a war on Christmas. I celebrate a traditional Christmas, but I think Christianity sucks.

1. How do you define "Christianity" ?

2. What do you think about it sucks ?

3. Do you think the words of Jesus Christ suck ?

To one and all, I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS

And search no longer for the perfect Christmas gift. It has already been given to all of us. >> Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Geez, and here my circle of friends was going to get together for my best friend's 61st. What do we do? Cancel? Pretend it's just a Christmas get-together? But she's Jewish!

Forum List

Back