The progressive war on Christmas/Christianity

Progressive Christmas: attacking God, Jesus & the cross:

11/29/12

The progressive war on Christmas - and Christianity in general - continues to rage on. The latest example comes from a small town in Kansas that found itself smack dab in the middle of a battle with progressives who were oh-so offended that a cross was on public property! Hear the oblivious local news report and get Glenn’s reaction on radio today.

Kansas town flirts with “progress” and loses traditional values

There is a sign in the town of Buhler, Kansas causing controversy in the news this week. The sign in the small town, described as a town rooted in “small town values”, featured a large cross, representative of much of the towns values. The sign is now being changed following a law suit from the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF).

---

seal.jpg

Glenn was referring to the slogan on the sign that on one version reads: “Our second century of progress,” and on another says, “Tradional Values. Progressive Ideas.”

Glenn pointed out that the town is ironically up in arms over a group wanting to remove the cross from the public sign — they don’t understand why.

Well, because it’s a progress organization and they’re pushing their “progressive ideas”.

“You’re eventually going to lose the cross in your seal if your seal has “progressive ideas” in it,” Glenn quipped. “No doubt about it.”

Glenn continued to point out the irony in the situation noting that the communities solution is to move the sign to private property.

“What is the progressive idea? The elimination of private property,” he said. “If you continue with these progressive ideals and ideas, you will lose your private property. Which means you have no place to have your point of view. None.”

The situation with this town’s sign is a great example of what progressivism does to traditional values, Glenn pointed out. The sign mixed the church with progressivism from the get-go.

---
Kansas town flirts with “progress” and loses traditional values – Glenn Beck

oh for fuck sake! it's that time of year already............:eusa_eh:

More like a Jewish war on Christmas. Almost all these Atheists are Jewish.

In the beginning there many Gods, then there was one, the natural progression demands that their be zero Gods. I can't wait until it reaches negative one Gods..

11/29/12

The progressive war on Christmas - and Christianity in general - continues to rage on. The latest example comes from a small town in Kansas that found itself smack dab in the middle of a battle with progressives who were oh-so offended that a cross was on public property! Hear the oblivious local news report and get Glenn’s reaction on radio today.

There is a sign in the town of Buhler, Kansas causing controversy in the news this week. The sign in the small town, described as a town rooted in “small town values”, featured a large cross, representative of much of the towns values. The sign is now being changed following a law suit from the Freedom From Religion Foundation (FFRF).

---

seal.jpg

Glenn was referring to the slogan on the sign that on one version reads: “Our second century of progress,” and on another says, “Tradional Values. Progressive Ideas.”

Glenn pointed out that the town is ironically up in arms over a group wanting to remove the cross from the public sign — they don’t understand why.

Well, because it’s a progress organization and they’re pushing their “progressive ideas”.

“You’re eventually going to lose the cross in your seal if your seal has “progressive ideas” in it,” Glenn quipped. “No doubt about it.”

Glenn continued to point out the irony in the situation noting that the communities solution is to move the sign to private property.

“What is the progressive idea? The elimination of private property,” he said. “If you continue with these progressive ideals and ideas, you will lose your private property. Which means you have no place to have your point of view. None.”

The situation with this town’s sign is a great example of what progressivism does to traditional values, Glenn pointed out. The sign mixed the church with progressivism from the get-go.

---

I love the way Jizzhat's posts are always fawning over "Glenn" on a first name basis.
It's like reading a political version of Tiger Beat. I bet he's got Glenn posters on his bedroom ceiling.

Blogging ‘Gays’ Urge Murder, Castration of Christians

Written on Monday, December 9, 2013 by J. Matt Barber

It happened Dec. 2, 2013, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. LifeSiteNews.com broke the story with the headline: “Violent mob of topless pro-abort feminists attacks praying men defending cathedral.”

The raw footage is disturbing to the extreme (warning: viewer discretion advised for nudity, lesbian lewdness and violence. A censored version is available here.)

Both the video and the story have since gone viral. WND summarizes the attacks as follows: “Chanting, ‘Get your rosaries out of our ovaries,’ a mob of pro-abortion feminists – many of whom were topless with Nazi swastikas on their chests and foreheads – attacked and sexually molested a group of Roman Catholic men who were praying as they stood outside a cathedral in Argentina to protect it from threats of vandalism.”

WND managing editor David Kupelian called the siege a “display of demonic fury.”

Indeed, it’s hard to watch the footage without discerning the palpably dark spirit that possesses many of the estimated 17,000 lesbian, pro-abortion and feminist assailants (but I repeat myself).

Don’t hold your breath.

Even still, a bigger question remains: Will federal authorities investigate these threats? If it were Christians threatening “gays,” Eric Holder himself would kick-in the door with MSNBC in tow. Every newspaper in America would give it above-the-fold coverage.

But it wasn’t Christians threatening “gays.” It was “gays” threatening Christians.

And that just doesn’t fit the false “gay victimhood” narrative.

Read more at Blogging ?Gays? Urge Murder, Castration of Christians - Patriot UpdatePatriot Update

Just because you're Christian, doesn't mean you need to compromise your "personal" beliefs and values to an unstable shaky moral view just to satisfy the world. After all if it's to be about Christ, then the world is not who we are to impress nor seek its approval.

In truth the world seems in dire need to first understand what it means to be "tolerant", and how to best demonstrate that, before it has the right to render its view of what it means to be Christian. It's that very intolerance which often fuels the fires behind an interpretative view of a "wall of separation between church and state" within the First Amendment. If that's rubbing salt into the honest truth, then obviously the contrary would have revealed no real concerns of how ANY faith is publicly expressed or displayed before them.

Last edited:
o-SATAN-OBAMA-570.jpg

Satan Will Have a Church AND a Government:

Posted by Joe Wurzelbacher on Dec 11, 2013

These same liberal numbnuts would have you believe we’re nothing but a bunch of imperialist, mother-earth destroying, oil-barons who drive around eating cheeseburgers (mmm.. that sounds good) at the expense of the lowly global citizen, who only wants a bowl of rice and peace in our time. Forget the fact that we saved the global citizen from Fascism, we single-handedly hold most lunatic dictators in check and our crops feed the world..

While we’re at it – don’t you just love atheists in America? Isn’t it oh, so convenient to be one of these high-minded, above-it-all, intellectual stiffs who say things like; “You believe in the invisible people in the sky?..” Of course they say this, surrounded by 250 years of Judea-Christian law and morality which keeps them safe in their little neighborhoods. The truth is, if you took an atheist and drop-shipped them into a country with no Judea-Christian beliefs – say, Darfur or North Korea – they’d find God in 30 minutes or less.

Pretty simple and to you lawyers, activists and America-haters who find that offensive or see something in the Constitution (perhaps next to the word “abortion”) which regulate large rocks on State House grounds – go pound salt. Preferably, a large pillar of salt (see what I did there?).

Just to be clear: This is not about the myth of separation of church and state. These people that go after GOD are really trying to tear down America. The proof is the personal demonization of God-fearing people who dare to put themselves in the public square: Sarah Palin, Dr. Ben Carson, Ted Cruz, Herman Cain, Michelle Bachmann, Colonel Allen West and the list goes on. Imagine the things which have been said and done to these people who had the temerity to espouse their belief in God and country?

Bellamy wrote the Pledge of Allegiance. No need to Google. You’re welcome.
Today, Francis Bellamy would be branded a terrorist and audited by the IRS. George S. Patton would be replaced by someone willing to disarm and fire upon American citizens. Frederick Douglass would be called an Uncle Tom, a house slave, and an Oreo. Soldiers at Valley Forge would be told to retreat because we’re out of tampons..

2014 is just around the corner guys..

Read more at Satan Will Have a Church AND a Government:

Yes it is! It is a great time of year for all of those who are Christian In Name Only.

11/29/12

---

seal.jpg

---

war-on-christmas.jpg

To those who say there is no war on Christmas

Tim Wildmon - Guest Columnist
American Family Association

Thursday, December 05, 2013

Christmas is the most notable day on the calendar where the general American public is reminded of the life of Jesus Christ. That is why some want to do away with it.

Someone sent me an article from USA Today, which has this headline: "Not all Christians believe there is a 'War on Christmas.'" The article quotes Christian leaders and authors saying they disagree with those of us who believe there is a war on Christmas. I could give a litany of examples of exactly how the war on Christmas has manifested itself the last decade or so. From nativity scenes no longer being allowed on the courthouse square, to schools changing Christmas break to "winter" break, from Christmas parades being changed to "winter" parades, to children being told they can no longer sing carols during their "winter" program, etc., etc. There is an intentional effort by some secularists to purge the word 'Christmas' from our culture. Whether it will be successful or not remains to be seen. But it's discouraging to see some fellow Christians say – "Who cares?"

This is why it concerns me when I read stories like the one in USA Today. One of the people quoted in the article is Christian author Rachel Held Evans, best known for her book, A Year of Biblical Womanhood. Evans wrote a blog that went viral where she challenges the idea of a war on Christmas with these questions: "Did someone threaten your life, safety, civil liberties or right to worship?" No. "Did someone wish you happy holidays?" Yes. "You are not being persecuted."

What Evans has done here is very clever. She framed the issue falsely. She set up a straw man. No one is arguing that Christians are being persecuted physically. What we are saying is Christianity itself is under siege in America. Just ask the Christian bakery owners in Washington state, the Christian florist in Colorado, or the Christian photographer in New Mexico who were all fined by their state governments because they would not participate in homosexual "weddings." But what Evans has done is like the man who cheats on his wife and she confronts him about it. It might go something like this:

"I know you are cheating on me. What do you have to say for yourself?" the wife says. To which the husband responds: "There are children dying in sweatshops in Third World countries, and you are talking to me about my having sex a couple of times with some woman? Are you serious?"

See how this works? The "logic" is: If your life is not being threatened or your family is not in physical danger or your church is not being padlocked, then we have no cause to point out the war of Christmas. It's much ado about nothing, say these Christian brothers.

The war on Christmas is really part of the larger war on Christianity and it concerns me that smart people like Rev. Scott and Evans don't seem to get that.

Is there a war on Christmas? Yes. Is it part of a larger war on Christianity? Yes. Does this matter to the future of our country? Most certainly.

Just because Christians are not being physically persecuted in America today doesn't mean these matters are not important. Not only is Christianity good for the individual, the moral value system that comes from Christianity is also good for society at large. God help us get it back before it's too late.

If it pisses you off so much about all of this. it must really piss you off that those who say they are christians (christmas?), don't practice their religion and do good throughout the year and help the less fortunate, that must really piss you off.
But reading your posts. I doubt seriously you are a christian. Maybe in name only.
You are nothing but a fraud or fake or liar, you choose.

war-on-christmas.jpg

Tim Wildmon - Guest Columnist
American Family Association

Thursday, December 05, 2013

Christmas is the most notable day on the calendar where the general American public is reminded of the life of Jesus Christ. That is why some want to do away with it.

Someone sent me an article from USA Today, which has this headline: "Not all Christians believe there is a 'War on Christmas.'" The article quotes Christian leaders and authors saying they disagree with those of us who believe there is a war on Christmas. I could give a litany of examples of exactly how the war on Christmas has manifested itself the last decade or so. From nativity scenes no longer being allowed on the courthouse square, to schools changing Christmas break to "winter" break, from Christmas parades being changed to "winter" parades, to children being told they can no longer sing carols during their "winter" program, etc., etc. There is an intentional effort by some secularists to purge the word 'Christmas' from our culture. Whether it will be successful or not remains to be seen. But it's discouraging to see some fellow Christians say – "Who cares?"

This is why it concerns me when I read stories like the one in USA Today. One of the people quoted in the article is Christian author Rachel Held Evans, best known for her book, A Year of Biblical Womanhood. Evans wrote a blog that went viral where she challenges the idea of a war on Christmas with these questions: "Did someone threaten your life, safety, civil liberties or right to worship?" No. "Did someone wish you happy holidays?" Yes. "You are not being persecuted."

What Evans has done here is very clever. She framed the issue falsely. She set up a straw man. No one is arguing that Christians are being persecuted physically. What we are saying is Christianity itself is under siege in America. Just ask the Christian bakery owners in Washington state, the Christian florist in Colorado, or the Christian photographer in New Mexico who were all fined by their state governments because they would not participate in homosexual "weddings." But what Evans has done is like the man who cheats on his wife and she confronts him about it. It might go something like this:

"I know you are cheating on me. What do you have to say for yourself?" the wife says. To which the husband responds: "There are children dying in sweatshops in Third World countries, and you are talking to me about my having sex a couple of times with some woman? Are you serious?"

See how this works? The "logic" is: If your life is not being threatened or your family is not in physical danger or your church is not being padlocked, then we have no cause to point out the war of Christmas. It's much ado about nothing, say these Christian brothers.

The war on Christmas is really part of the larger war on Christianity and it concerns me that smart people like Rev. Scott and Evans don't seem to get that.

Is there a war on Christmas? Yes. Is it part of a larger war on Christianity? Yes. Does this matter to the future of our country? Most certainly.

Just because Christians are not being physically persecuted in America today doesn't mean these matters are not important. Not only is Christianity good for the individual, the moral value system that comes from Christianity is also good for society at large. God help us get it back before it's too late.

I love the anti-Christian assertion that unless Christians practice their faith in a way that is obvious and pleasing to non-christians, then they aren't *real* Christians, and therefore have no right to practice their faith at all.

Forum List

Back