The question. What if Trump abuses his power.

My question is how could he?

What happens if President Trump abuses power? - CNN
https://apple.news/AKbQhgH2gRrOto6NmIJKOaA

The Professor asks what can be done if Trump abuses his power. I just can't imagine how he could? Will Federal Agents and contractors be able to monitor us at all hours? Yes, and they've been doing it for more than a decade. Can Trump order people kidnapped from nations around the globe and have them detained indefinitely? Yep. That is Rendition and it's also been going on.

That's the problem. There is almost nothing he can do short of declaring himself King that is an abuse of power beyond anything anyone else has done. Send Drones armed with missiles and bombs into nations without permission? No sweat. We've been doing that for a really long time. Perhaps he can manipulate the media. Wow that would be a first.

That is what is so funny. After fifteen years of justifying abuses and violations of Civil Rights now all of a sudden the danger of Trump abusing the power is terrifying.

It isn't the fear of his abusing the power. It's the fear that he will have the power. Power that no President should have ever had. Power that should have been opposed for the last fifteen years. Perhaps now the notion of limits on that kind of power will get some serious discussion.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
I think he will make a lot of effort to abuse his power. He is doing so already by not completely divesting himself of his national and international business interests. He's not going to want to lose a dollar from his businesses by being president. He will abuse his power regarding his business interests. That's just the start. He's going to be one of the most, if not the most, corrupt president we've ever had.

Ok seriously? The last President who left Washington broke was Truman. Everyone else left rich. So let's be honest here shall we? Trump doesn't own weapons manufacturing plants so the chances of his starting a war or pressuring the military to buy his weapons is nil. What does he own? Trump Towers here and there. Some golf courses. Stuff like that. So he could suggest that a delegation from the State Department stay in a Trump Tower while negotiating a trade agreement. So what? What is the difference if they stay there as opposed to a Hilton so Paris can donate money to the Clinton's?

Perhaps he can use insider information to play the market. Well Congress does that all the damned time since the law they passed on me and thee doesn't apply to them.

So he doesn't divest. So the bad part there is instead of screwing up the nation since according to the Democratic side Trump is a blithering idiot he will screw up his own company. But how much can he really do? He could turn the White House into the most boring reality show in history.

What you've missed here is all the corruption you are so worried about has been happening and is happening right now. You act like Washington is where good and honorable folk head to work. Like every elected official is Mr. Smith.

In reality Trump isn't going to have time to spend on the business. He is going to be lucky to get six hours of sleep a night. Most nights he will get less. Everyone is going to have something for his attention and his schedule is going to be packed for every minute of the day.

He might get a note about the biz now and then but mostly he is going to have meetings, briefings, and then discussions so he can issue those directives he has to.

He just isn't going to have time to figure out how to get the Ambassador to hold all gatherings at the Trump Golf course and resort.

Actually the Clintons left the White House broke and deeply in debt as a result of paying all the legal fees for 8 years of obsessive right wing persecution. They made their money AFTER leaving the White House, almost all of it from speaking fees.
The speaking fees were a cover for what they were really doing, which was selling government access to countries that finance Islamic terrorism.
Well, that is just stupid.

The Professor asks what can be done if Trump abuses his power. I just can't imagine how he could? Will Federal Agents and contractors be able to monitor us at all hours? Yes, and they've been doing it for more than a decade. Can Trump order people kidnapped from nations around the globe and have them detained indefinitely? Yep. That is Rendition and it's also been going on.

That's the problem. There is almost nothing he can do short of declaring himself King that is an abuse of power beyond anything anyone else has done. Send Drones armed with missiles and bombs into nations without permission? No sweat. We've been doing that for a really long time. Perhaps he can manipulate the media. Wow that would be a first.

That is what is so funny. After fifteen years of justifying abuses and violations of Civil Rights now all of a sudden the danger of Trump abusing the power is terrifying.

It isn't the fear of his abusing the power. It's the fear that he will have the power. Power that no President should have ever had. Power that should have been opposed for the last fifteen years. Perhaps now the notion of limits on that kind of power will get some serious discussion.

I think he will make a lot of effort to abuse his power. He is doing so already by not completely divesting himself of his national and international business interests. He's not going to want to lose a dollar from his businesses by being president. He will abuse his power regarding his business interests. That's just the start. He's going to be one of the most, if not the most, corrupt president we've ever had.

Ok seriously? The last President who left Washington broke was Truman. Everyone else left rich. So let's be honest here shall we? Trump doesn't own weapons manufacturing plants so the chances of his starting a war or pressuring the military to buy his weapons is nil. What does he own? Trump Towers here and there. Some golf courses. Stuff like that. So he could suggest that a delegation from the State Department stay in a Trump Tower while negotiating a trade agreement. So what? What is the difference if they stay there as opposed to a Hilton so Paris can donate money to the Clinton's?

Perhaps he can use insider information to play the market. Well Congress does that all the damned time since the law they passed on me and thee doesn't apply to them.

So he doesn't divest. So the bad part there is instead of screwing up the nation since according to the Democratic side Trump is a blithering idiot he will screw up his own company. But how much can he really do? He could turn the White House into the most boring reality show in history.

What you've missed here is all the corruption you are so worried about has been happening and is happening right now. You act like Washington is where good and honorable folk head to work. Like every elected official is Mr. Smith.

In reality Trump isn't going to have time to spend on the business. He is going to be lucky to get six hours of sleep a night. Most nights he will get less. Everyone is going to have something for his attention and his schedule is going to be packed for every minute of the day.

He might get a note about the biz now and then but mostly he is going to have meetings, briefings, and then discussions so he can issue those directives he has to.

He just isn't going to have time to figure out how to get the Ambassador to hold all gatherings at the Trump Golf course and resort.

Actually the Clintons left the White House broke and deeply in debt as a result of paying all the legal fees for 8 years of obsessive right wing persecution. They made their money AFTER leaving the White House, almost all of it from speaking fees.
The speaking fees were a cover for what they were really doing, which was selling government access to countries that finance Islamic terrorism.
No, stupid would be believing you're a Republican. :lol:

The question. What if Trump abuses his power. Then he would be a Democrat.
Or a Republican.
No, he would be a Democrat, like you.
I am a Republican, you are a nothing. Presidents from both parties abuse the power.
Sure, Jake. And I'm a liberal Democrat. LMAO You're a fraud in every sense of the word.
You are? Then you are a disinfo agent for the left. Good to go.

Dems and Pubs abuse power. You must be a lefty, because you refuse to acknowledge the truth of that.

Stupid is believing I am not a real Republican, which I am, which you are not, pretendtexan.

Stupid is believing I am not a real Republican, which I am, which you are not, pretendtexan.
Sure, buddy. Your support for every liberal Democrat in the country is proof you're a Republican. :lol:

Sure, buddy. Your support for every liberal Democrat in the country is proof you're a Republican. :lol:
Show me where I supported Clinton, dear girl. You can't because I did not. But I have opposed the sex assaulter Trump from the beginning and will be forever. I voted for McMullin, and I will oppose you, pretendtexan, because you do not uphold Lone Star ideals and traditions.

Show me where I supported Clinton, dear girl. You can't because I did not. But I have opposed the sex assaulter Trump from the beginning and will be forever. I voted for McMullin, and I will oppose you, pretendtexan, because you do not uphold Lone Star ideals and traditions.
When did I ever say I was from Texas, Dumbass?
PS, You also said you were voting for Gary Johnson, and you've defended Hillary Clinton all throughout the campaign, liar.

PS, You also said you were voting for Gary Johnson, and you've defended Hillary Clinton all throughout the campaign, liar.
Texas, then, is a safer place without goombahs like you, liljay. Show me where I have ever defended HRC during the campaign. I was voting for Johns, then 'Aleppo' popped up, so I voted for McMullin, the true conservative. You voted for demolite, liljay.

Texas, then, is a safer place without goombahs like you, liljay. Show me where I have ever defended HRC during the campaign. I was voting for Johns, then 'Aleppo' popped up, so I voted for McMullin, the true conservative. You voted for demolite, liljay.
I voted for the winner. You voted for somebody who was on the ballot in one state, IF you're telling the truth (which is something you don't have a very good track record of doing).

I voted for the winner. You voted for somebody who was on the ballot in one state, IF you're telling the truth (which is something you don't have a very good track record of doing).
He was on the ballot in several states, liljay, and my truth telling records if far better than your race and human rights hating record, kiddo. :lol: You are an alt right following the Alinsky and Limbaugh rules of mirroring, accusing someone else of your own failures.

He was on the ballot in several states, liljay, and my truth telling records if far better than your race and human rights hating record, kiddo. :lol: You are an alt right following the Alinsky and Limbaugh rules of mirroring, accusing someone else of your own failures.
Oh boy, several states! I can't understand why he didn't win in a landslide then. :lol: Only an idiot would vote for somebody who has zero chance of winning. How many electoral votes did you say he got, btw? LMAO

Oh boy, several states! I can't understand why he didn't win in a landslide then. :lol: Only an idiot would vote for somebody who has zero chance of winning. How many electoral votes did you say he got, btw? LMAO
The motive was to avoid the stain of voting for the Trump Clinton tickets. Only an idiot would vote for such vermin for president.

Last edited:
The motive was to avoid the stain of voting for the Trump Clinton tickets. Only an idiot would vote for such vermin for president.
Yeah, you take the liberal position on every issue and we're supposed to believe you didn't vote for Clinton. I don't give a damn if you did or didn't, I just think it's funny that you think you're actually fooling people. :lol:

Pandora's box is open, the Genie has left the bottle, that ship has sailed, the cows are all out of the barn, and all the water has passed under the bridge...

The repugs gave Bush all these imperial powers. The dems wanted the same for Obama, and now the precedent for imperial presidents has been set. You ain't gonna take them away now. Too late.

I think it's time to set up a fund to buy Jammie-Jake a cute little puppy.

But a mechanical one for a variety of reasons concerning the welfare of small animals.

But no sharp edges on the mechanical pup. Again, for a variety of reasons concerning prevention of self-mutilation.

Yeah, you take the liberal position on every issue and we're supposed to believe you didn't vote for Clinton. I don't give a damn if you did or didn't, I just think it's funny that you think you're actually fooling people. :lol:
Show I took the liberal position on every issue. You can't, because I rarely did. I always took the American position in opposing the far right and the alt right.

It all depends oh who and how many are ticked off with the abuse of power. If he's at the height of his popularity and his numbers sink don't expect the Republicans to go down with him if he gets caught doing no good.

It all depends oh who and how many are ticked off with the abuse of power. If he's at the height of his popularity and his numbers sink don't expect the Republicans to go down with him if he gets caught doing no good.
Just so. The real GOP with the antiTrumpers are just waiting him for him to stumble.

Forum List

Back