The real reason Dr. Seuss was cancelled

View attachment 468192

Pretty much says it all.
Mind, otherwise in the sense of tending to ones business (minding one's business, being nosy or attempting to control), and don't mind as in the sense of not tending to another's business, and not being nosy or not trying to control.. :)

Makes perfect sense. I can see why the leftist hate it.

Let's see. A company that owns all the rights to the Dr Seuss books, stopped publishing 6 out of 60 that were still being published. They did it voluntarily. The 6 books that are not longer being published were very weak sellers.

The conservatives go crazy calling it cancel culture and blaming the democrats. So who is not minding their own business? Who is not trying to control things?
It’s not about conservatives. It’s about Americans opposing censorship. Period.
Those who object to that or excuse the censorship are essentially anti-American.

It is also about Capitalism. Dr Seuss Enterprises has made a killing since announcing the pulling of the 6 books.
But it’s not like they created the censorship as a marketing opportunity.

There was no censorship.
Stopping the sale of those books is censorship.

No, it was a decision based on market forces. The books weren't selling. No one told them, forced them, or coerced them into pulling the books.
Don't you mean a marketing ploy to create controversy to sell more books?

Personally I don't see how anything can possibly go wrong with labeling Dr. Suess' books as racist.

Nothing like taking something that was good and just and a force for good and turning it into something rotten, controversial, disparaging and sinister to make a buck. I think that is a great example for our society to follow.

Evidently, the Seuss organization no longer felt the books represented the quality of goodness they had worked so hard to maintain. They were their books, and the decision was theirs to make. I personally respect their choice, and acknowledge the integrity it takes to make such a choice.

View attachment 468192

Pretty much says it all.
Mind, otherwise in the sense of tending to ones business (minding one's business, being nosy or attempting to control), and don't mind as in the sense of not tending to another's business, and not being nosy or not trying to control.. :)

Let's see. A company that owns all the rights to the Dr Seuss books, stopped publishing 6 out of 60 that were still being published. They did it voluntarily. The 6 books that are not longer being published were very weak sellers.

The conservatives go crazy calling it cancel culture and blaming the democrats. So who is not minding their own business? Who is not trying to control things?
Those who object to that or excuse the censorship are essentially anti-American.

It is also about Capitalism. Dr Seuss Enterprises has made a killing since announcing the pulling of the 6 books.

How can you be so sure of that? No change of that type would ever be made without in depth evaluation of how it would effect their bottom line.

This is how Joe Biden was selected.
Biden was selected by the voters. Millions more than trump's supporters.

Biden was a marketing opportunity.

You are certainly free to have that belief, no matter how goofy it is. Biden did win, though.

View attachment 468192

Pretty much says it all.

There was no censorship.

No, it was a decision based on market forces. The books weren't selling. No one told them, forced them, or coerced them into pulling the books.

Personally I don't see how anything can possibly go wrong with labeling Dr. Suess' books as racist.

Nothing like taking something that was good and just and a force for good and turning it into something rotten, controversial, disparaging and sinister to make a buck. I think that is a great example for our society to follow.

Evidently, the Seuss organization no longer felt the books represented the quality of goodness they had worked so hard to maintain. They were their books, and the decision was theirs to make. I personally respect their choice, and acknowledge the integrity it takes to make such a choice.
So they needed to say the books had racist overtones to justify their decision?

View attachment 468192

Pretty much says it all.

There was no censorship.

My Mother read Dr Seuss to us when we were small. I read Dr Seuss to all my kids.

Of the 6 books, I have only read "And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street". And it was iffy, at best. The others I have never heard of.

Its not like they cancelled The Cat In The Hat or Green Eggs & Ham. The books were relative unknowns.

View attachment 468192

Pretty much says it all.

The unhinged left is into Commie groupthink.
Dr. Seuss represents individualistic initiative.
The unhinged left abhors the latter.

The Dr Seuss Foundation took the initiative to remove 6 books from their publishing list, out of 60. They decided, on their own, that the books did not represent what they wanted to say.

It has nothing to do with left or right. It has to do with a company making a decision.

View attachment 468192

Pretty much says it all.

There was no censorship.

My Mother read Dr Seuss to us when we were small. I read Dr Seuss to all my kids.

Of the 6 books, I have only read "And to think that I saw it on Mulberry Street". And it was iffy, at best. The others I have never heard of.

Its not like they cancelled The Cat In The Hat or Green Eggs & Ham. The books were relative unknowns.
I don't think it really matters to be honest. The name has been tarnished. The pendulum has swung to far and it's going to have to play itself out before sanity is restored.

Funny though how the Democratic Party history is off limits though.

View attachment 468192

Pretty much says it all.

There was no censorship.

I don't think it really matters to be honest. The name has been tarnished. The pendulum has swung to far and it's going to have to play itself out before sanity is restored.

The only ones who see it as tarnished are those who did not understand what happened and just went with a knee-jerk reaction.

View attachment 468192

Pretty much says it all.

There was no censorship.

The only ones who see it as tarnished are those who did not understand what happened and just went with a knee-jerk reaction.
What exactly did I miss? Was the stated reason they were no longer publishing those books because they had racist over tones?

View attachment 468192

Pretty much says it all.

There was no censorship.

What exactly did I miss? Was the stated reason they were no longer publishing those books because they had racist over tones?

Yes, it was. And that the books were not selling.

But the screams from the right were about the cancel culture and the dems.

View attachment 468192

Pretty much says it all.

There was no censorship.

Don't care about what anyone else screamed. I only care what I know. They very well could have just said they were no longer publishing those books for economic reasons and left it at that, but they didn't do that. They made it about race. They created controversy where there was none. they disparaged Dr. Seuss for no good reason. This is a sign of the culture we have created. You talked about knee jerk reaction. No one in their right mind would ever conclude Dr. Seuss's books had racial overtones. What they did was the knee jerk reaction.

View attachment 468192

Pretty much says it all.

There was no censorship.

Company's on bended knee submitting to even a suggestion of racism. Whereas, Marxism is behind it.
You've become a good comrade.

I created a video response for you PS: Sorry for calling you "Vorro'' instead of "Votto"

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue
Shut your Piehole
Or Biden's Gonna Put you in a Cage, and Kill You

Wow.

Should I alert the police or something?

View attachment 468192

Pretty much says it all.

There was no censorship.

Company's on bended knee submitting to even a suggestion of racism. Whereas, Marxism is behind it.
You've become a good comrade.
You'd think a 150 year history of slavery, racism, bigotry and segregation with no apologies would have created more offense than six books by Dr. Seuss that had nothing to do with racism.

But that's the world we live in today.

Forum List

Back