The reality of renewable energy

Up until about 3 years ago, I was in this forum several times/day. Now? I come in for a cup of coffee once in awhile only.......drop a couple of MOAB's on a thread and leave for days.

It got boring.......no new climate crusaders blood over all these years........its the same 3 or 4 lame bozo's in here with the same lame posts and the sKeptics still dOmiNaTe

I've been saying for 10 years the climate crusaders need a Plan B. They scoff at it....but 10 years have passed and they still haven't accomplished dick with the same old tired narrative.

The "science" has not transcended anywhere past its own field and some community message boards.
Energy policy makers still not giving a crap. :eusa_dance:
And what the green energy people won't tell you is that there has been no decrease in the use of fossil fuel generated power despite their claims
I don't believe that is correct. What data are you basing that upon?
Watch the documentary

but here

I live in Texas. 20% of our electric power comes from renewables.

I live in Oregon ... 100% of the electric power up North comes from renewables ... if fact, it is illegal to burn coal to produce electricity within the State ... Governor Kate Brown shut down every last coal-fired power plant in the entire state ... woot ... where I live it's only 80% renewables ... the rest is from natural gas ...

ETA: I don't agree with the assumption we're experiencing a mass extinction event ... yes, we're losing individual species, but these niches are quickly re-filled ... for example: we've eliminated the wolf from The West, only to see coyote populations explode and cause the same (if not more) damage to livestock operations ... during the Permian Event, over 70% of all organisms died off, leaving nothing to replace them ... big difference there ...

Pound for pound, mankind and his domesticates comprise 90% of all mammals in the world ... although that number is dwarfed by the tonnage of ants ... mammals are a small part of the ecosystem ... our effects on the microbial world are trivial ...
How much power does Oregon buy from out of state ?

And there is no way the entire state is powered by 100% renewable electricity.

How much power does Oregon buy from out of state ?
And there is no way the entire state is powered by 100% renewable electricity.

Bonneville Power Administration ... buck-o ... read them and weep ... we export energy to California by the cubic furlong ...

Impossible.

What you're saying is in Ore gen that doesn't even have 200 sunny days a year gets 100% of its power from wind and solar

You're telling me that at night 100% of all power in Oregon is wind generated?

You're full of it.

Impossible.
What you're saying is in Ore gen that doesn't even have 200 sunny days a year gets 100% of its power from wind and sola
You're telling me that at night 100% of all power in Oregon is wind generated?
You're full of it.

Truly narrow-minded ...
You don't have enough windmills in the state to provide even 50% of your power needs

That's not narrow minded that's a hard fact.

You are delusional.

You don't have enough windmills in the state to provide even 50% of your power needs
That's not narrow minded that's a hard fact.
You are delusional.

My, my ... you are uninformed ... this thread is about renewables ... and that includes hydro ...
We can add turbines to existing dams ... repair dams scheduled for demolition ... and supplement with wind/solar ... conserve ...

Also ... Oregon has some draconian land use laws ... housing is in chronic short supply ... "help wanted" signs in every storefront ... we should be able to stick to renewables for the long term ... it was the wind surfers who discovered the Columbia Gorge's near constant wind field ... and this includes a couple major electric trunk lines running down to SoCal ...

We'll have to check with S'Tommy about the "proof of concept" solar farm out his way ... my understanding is it was a complete success and we're going to scale on this side of the Oregon/Washington state line ... again, right along BPA's trunk lines running down to SoCal ...

Hey ... I understand renewables make no sense where you live ... I get that ... but it's narrow minded to think that's true every place in the world ... it's not ... California is the 8th largest economy, and wholly dependent on BPA juice flowing down the Intermountain desert ... where it's always sunny ... and hot ... it makes economic sense to install solar farms along all 2,000 miles (or so) of those transmission lines ...

Climate change is a hoax ... running out of fossil fuels is not ... the Oil Economy has to change, and we're already twenty years behind on our nuclear power program ...
Hydro isn't going to be a major part of our future power generation because we aren't building dams anymore no one wants them and they are too expensive and horrible for the environment.

I've been saying for 10 years the climate crusaders need a Plan B. They scoff at it....but 10 years have passed and they still haven't accomplished dick with the same old tired narrative.

The "science" has not transcended anywhere past its own field and some community message boards.
And what the green energy people won't tell you is that there has been no decrease in the use of fossil fuel generated power despite their claims

Exactly......fossil fuels still DOMINATE and will for many decades yet these bozo's are still debating the "science" :abgg2q.jpg:

They cant blame me......for 10 years in here, Ive sanctioned that they go for a Plan B with their message strategy. No dice......its the same tired crap every day. The same ghey graphs.........the same ghey colorful maps......the same ghey organization statements. d0y
The fossil fuel economy is unsustainable. In fact we have to face the stark reality that our entire way of living is unsustainable. The model of infinite growth and never-ending supplies of resources is a lie and hopefully we are starting to realize it

Watch the documentary

but here

Not really. That's a lie that they tell you. There is no real time monitoring of the energy production because if there were, everyone could see it was a lie.

Here in carson city the local middle school erected a solar power system to much fanfare.

They even had real time monitoring of the energy created.....for a month. The actual production was so low people, like me, figured out the system would never pay for itself.

The monitoring went away immediately after questions started being asked.
View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

Watch the documentary

but here

Not really. That's a lie that they tell you. There is no real time monitoring of the energy production because if there were, everyone could see it was a lie.

Here in carson city the local middle school erected a solar power system to much fanfare.

They even had real time monitoring of the energy created.....for a month. The actual production was so low people, like me, figured out the system would never pay for itself.

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy
The source was ERCOT which is NOT a government website.

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

Wind power in Texas, a portion of total energy in Texas, consists of over 150 wind farms, which together have a total nameplate capacity of over 30,000 MW (as of 2020).[1][2] If Texas were a country, it would rank fifth in the world:[1] The installed wind capacity in Texas exceeds installed wind capacity in all countries but China, the United States, Germany and India. Texas produces the most wind power of any U.S. state.[1][3] According to the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), wind power accounted for at least 15.7% of the electricity generated in Texas during 2017, as wind was 17.4% of electricity generated in ERCOT, which manages 90% of Texas's power.[4][5] ERCOT set a new wind output record of nearly 19.7 GW at 7:19 pm Central Standard Time on Monday, January 21, 2019.[6]

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

YEah Ok who funds Ercot?

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

Wind power in Texas, a portion of total energy in Texas, consists of over 150 wind farms, which together have a total nameplate capacity of over 30,000 MW (as of 2020).[1][2] If Texas were a country, it would rank fifth in the world:[1] The installed wind capacity in Texas exceeds installed wind capacity in all countries but China, the United States, Germany and India. Texas produces the most wind power of any U.S. state.[1][3] According to the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), wind power accounted for at least 15.7% of the electricity generated in Texas during 2017, as wind was 17.4% of electricity generated in ERCOT, which manages 90% of Texas's power.[4][5] ERCOT set a new wind output record of nearly 19.7 GW at 7:19 pm Central Standard Time on Monday, January 21, 2019.[6]
Actual output of wind turbines equals 20-25% of installed capacity.

So in reality you're getting 7500 MW of actual power.

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

YEah Ok who funds Ercot?
The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) manages the flow of electric power to more than 26 million Texas customers -- representing about 90 percent of the state’s electric load. As the independent system operator for the region, ERCOT schedules power on an electric grid that connects more than 46,500 miles of transmission lines and 710+ generation units. It also performs financial settlement for the competitive wholesale bulk-power market and administers retail switching for 8 million premises in competitive choice areas. ERCOT is a membership-based 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation, governed by a board of directors and subject to oversight by the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Texas Legislature. Its members include consumers, cooperatives, generators, power marketers, retail electric providers, investor-owned electric utilities, transmission and distribution providers and municipally owned electric utilities.

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

20% of generated electricity in Texas comes from wind.

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

YEah Ok who funds Ercot?
The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) manages the flow of electric power to more than 26 million Texas customers -- representing about 90 percent of the state’s electric load. As the independent system operator for the region, ERCOT schedules power on an electric grid that connects more than 46,500 miles of transmission lines and 710+ generation units. It also performs financial settlement for the competitive wholesale bulk-power market and administers retail switching for 8 million premises in competitive choice areas. ERCOT is a membership-based 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation, governed by a board of directors and subject to oversight by the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Texas Legislature. Its members include consumers, cooperatives, generators, power marketers, retail electric providers, investor-owned electric utilities, transmission and distribution providers and municipally owned electric utilities.

So people who invest in wind farms give money to ERCOT?

That's no different that the American Diabetes Foundation taking money from Hershey

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

YEah Ok who funds Ercot?

That's no different that the American Diabetes Foundation taking money from Hershey
And that has what to do with the fact that 20% of the generated electricity in Texas comes from wind?

Its members include consumers, cooperatives, generators, power marketers, retail electric providers, investor-owned electric utilities, transmission and distribution providers and municipally owned electric utilities.

ERCOT is the independent system operator for the region which includes ALL types of fuels for electrical generation.

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

So how much electricity is used annually in TX?

It must be 37500 MW right?

But in 2019 total electric generation was 483000000 MW hours

20% of 483 million is what?

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

YEah Ok who funds Ercot?

And that has what to do with the fact that 20% of the generated electricity in Texas comes from wind?

Its members include consumers, cooperatives, generators, power marketers, retail electric providers, investor-owned electric utilities, transmission and distribution providers and municipally owned electric utilities.

ERCOT is the independent system operator for the region which includes ALL types of fuels for electrical generation.
It's lie.

30000Mw of installed capacity is equal to about 7500 MW of actual power.

That's a far cry from 20% of TX overall power generation of 483 million MW in 2019

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

YEah Ok who funds Ercot?

It's lie.

That's a far cry from 20% of TX overall power generation of 483 million MW in 2019
It's not a lie. It's a fact.

20% of the generated electricity in Texas comes from wind

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

So how much electricity is used annually in TX?

It must be 37500 MW right?

But in 2019 total electric generation was 483000000 MW hours

20% of 483 million is what?

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

YEah Ok who funds Ercot?

It's lie.

So tell me how does 30000 MW of installed capacity that equals 7500 MW of actual power generated produce 96 million MW ?

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

YEah Ok who funds Ercot?

It's lie.

So tell me how does 30000 MW of installed capacity that equals 7500 MW of actual power generated produce 96 million MW ?
1625571693358.png

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

YEah Ok who funds Ercot?

It's lie.

1625571883649.png

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

YEah Ok who funds Ercot?

It's lie.

View attachment 509352

The numbers don't add up.

30000 MW of installed capacity doesn't produce 96 million MW of electricity anywhere else in the world.

Watch the documentary

but here

View attachment 509094

A government website?

Yeah that's trustworthy

YEah Ok who funds Ercot?

It's lie.

View attachment 509353

Not buying it.

Forum List

Back