The reason democrats use identity politics.

What in the world is "identity politics"?
Wow, you don't know what Identity Politics is, you don't know what Political Correctness is.

You're wrapped in pretty tight & comfy in that ideological cocoon of yours, that's for sure.

Here are some honest liberals to lay it out for ya. Better than some crazed right wingers, huh?

I'm sure that, being as intellectually curious as you are, you'll just eat this up! You're welcome!

Please define what you consider identity politics and why ALL POLITICS would not be identity politics

Those videos go over it in great detail, but to boil it down, this definition answers both of your questions:

i·den·ti·ty pol·i·tics
noun
noun: identity politics

1. a tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics
The actual liberal in Post 4 also describes it in detail.

You mean like the chamber of commerce, founded in 1912.

Wow, you don't know what Identity Politics is, you don't know what Political Correctness is.

You're wrapped in pretty tight & comfy in that ideological cocoon of yours, that's for sure.

Here are some honest liberals to lay it out for ya. Better than some crazed right wingers, huh?

I'm sure that, being as intellectually curious as you are, you'll just eat this up! You're welcome!

Please define what you consider identity politics and why ALL POLITICS would not be identity politics

Those videos go over it in great detail, but to boil it down, this definition answers both of your questions:

i·den·ti·ty pol·i·tics
noun

1. a tendency for people of a particular religion, race, social background, etc., to form exclusive political alliances, moving away from traditional broad-based party politics

Sure, whatever deflects from the point.

Dems defend those who are getting a raw deal in society

If that means identifying who they are....so be it

Yeah like all those Weinstein women...oh wait :eusa_think:
I know, in North Carolina if men aren't allowed in girls restroom. They will be penalized by the state. Liberals are really fighting for the safety of little girls!

The flood gates have opened on sexual harassment and retribution for not putting out in the liberal run entertainment industry. Trump should rub their noses in this for the next 3 years every time they dare open their mouths about women's issue. Libs get your nose in there and get a good whiff of your upcoming defeats.

i·den·ti·ty pol·i·tics
noun

The point that was made is that all politics is identity politics. The entire lobbying industry is identity based.

They literally have nothing else. Nothing. It is all they know.

Makes me actually pretty happy that they have not, cause they CANNOT learn their lesson.

It is really not that complicated. They literally know no other way and it really pisses them off that it is no longer working.

Really pisses them off.

Lol
Trump’s entire campaign was about identity politics and he won. So shove it.

Yeah, I'm not interested in watching videos when I just asked you a question.

i·den·ti·ty pol·i·tics
noun

The point that was made is that all politics is identity politics. The entire lobbying industry is identity based.

Sure. Run with that, fine with me. There are plenty of honest liberals who admit otherwise, and I've listed some of them on this thread.

So it's all good.

So if you care about an issue while being a noun you are guilty of identity politics....but only Democrats? Uh, that makes sense.

i·den·ti·ty pol·i·tics
noun

Sure. Run with that, fine with me. There are plenty of honest liberals who admit otherwise, and I've listed some of them on this thread.

So it's all good.
Am I wrong?

Every American has an identity

Male/Female
Rich/Poor
Old/Young
White/Minority
Rural/Urban
Educated/Uneducated
Christian/Non-Christian

All help define a voters perspective and needs. If you think every politician does not pay attention to the identity or demographics of his base...you are kidding yourself

i·den·ti·ty pol·i·tics
noun

So it's all good.
Am I wrong?
Of course. PC and Identity Politics are tools and weapons of the American Left.

The Regressives here have all decided that there's no such thing as Identity Politics, of course. Great.

I'm not trying to convince you, or anyone else, of anything. Believe what you will. Free country. I'll agree with the honest liberals to whom I've referred.

This idea that we are more different from each other than we are the same is a lie.
\ most people want the same thing. to have enough to eat, decent shelter, love, respect, the ability to care for them self & there family.
think about who reaps the rewards from our division.

So it's all good.
Am I wrong?
Of course. PC and Identity Politics are tools and weapons of the American Left.

The Regressives here have all decided that there's no such thing as Identity Politics, of course. Great.

I'm not trying to convince you, or anyone else, of anything. Believe what you will. Free country. I'll agree with the honest liberals to whom I've referred.

Mac is saying to be fair only democrats use what brings people together for policies

If you fight for the rights of gays....you have to identify them as gays
If you fight for women.....you have to identify them as women
If you fight for the rights of blacks or Hispanics....you have to identify them as blacks and hispanics
But if you fight for the rights of EVERYONE, everyone wins, and NO ONE has their rights usurped. Why must one fight ONLY for the rights of this group or that one? Why is the fight not to protect the rights of EVERYONE?
Answer: That does not drum up EMOTIONAL responses.

It is logical, it is FAIR, and it is RIGHT, to fight for EVERYONE'S rights.

This idea that we are more different from each other than we are the same is a lie.
\ most people want the same thing. to have enough to eat, decent shelter, love, respect, the ability to care for them self & there family.

Everyone has different needs and wants

Politicians build their careers on pretending to satisfy them

If you fight for the rights of blacks or Hispanics....you have to identify them as blacks and hispanics
But if you fight for the rights of EVERYONE, everyone wins, and NO ONE has their rights usurped. Why must one fight ONLY for the rights of this group or that one? Why is the fight not to protect the rights of EVERYONE?

Doesn't work like that
Public policy does not affect everyone in the same way

A policy to help the old will cost the young
Helping the rich will come at the expense of the poor

But Mac is showing you that having enough to eat and decent shelter are identity politics and it should be rejected.

But if you reject it and support it, watch out, you're playing identity politics.

All politics are identity politics. Trump ran a campaign of identity politics.

Doesn't work like that
Public policy does not affect everyone in the same way

A policy to help the old will cost the young
Helping the rich will come at the expense of the poor
Assuming a Zero sum.... I'll go with it though. If I exercise my right to free speech, for example, someone else has, by definition, been denied their right. Is that how it works?

Forum List

Back