🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

“The reason Democrats want free College”

1.Sometimes it’s appropriate to look a gift horse in the mouth.
To put it another way, there’s an awful lot of truth in the saying ‘If it looks too good to be true….it isn’t.
Nowhere is that more correct than the utopian promises of the Left.

2. One of those seemingly wonderful promises is free college tuition.

“…Democrats this week are expected to unveil a sweeping plan to make college more affordable by reducing debt and simplifying financial aid. The Democrats’ plan would also endeavor to boost graduation rates.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/debt-free-college-house-democrats-introduce-higher-education-bill/2018/07/23/4930eec4-8ecd-11e8-8322-b5482bf5e0f5_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6169b179a0c4

Whether the promise is based on how good it is for the country to have a college-educated electorate, or how wonderful for your personal happiness and successes, neither is true.

Here’s another fact of life: there is no such thing as a free lunch….or free college education.

3. It is not an educated electorate that is a benefit for society, it is a moral electorate. Almost every dictator, tyrant, and genocidal leader has been ‘highly educated.’
Free college has two main benefits to the Left: it supports their colleagues/apparatchiks, and it produces Leftist clones.

4. Someone has to pay for that ‘free’ education, but the fact is that there are a number of ways to get a college education without a government loan or handout.

1. Work Study Programs
  2. Work your way through
  3. Work at a job where your major will be paid by the job
  4. Night school
  5. Community College, then transfer
  6. ROTC will pay your tuition
  7. Take eight years….ever hear of anyone asking ‘how long did you spend getting the degree?’
  8. Scholarship

5. “It’s 2018 and Americans are more burdened by student loan debt than ever. In fact, the average student loan debt for Class of 2017 graduates was $39,400*, up six percent from the previous year.

… over $1.48 trillion in student loan debt, spread out among about 44 million borrowers. That’s about $620 billion more than the total U.S. credit card debt.” U.S. Student Loan Debt Statistics for 2018 | Student Loan Hero

Here’s the bottom line: the Left wasnt you going to college….and not for your benefit.

Next post.

What next? Attacking free primary and secondary school?

Conservatives in TN wanted it. Thats why we have it now ;)
How many hacked out threads have you made here? 96,784? And you still dont know not to put titles in all caps?
You really are a special case..

she's been posting deranged lies and nonsense for years! I'm surprised she hasn't murdered a thousand liberals by now. She is totally fkn nuts!

Masks are for Halloween. Come out of your incognito Meggido Cerberus and do Tel. Although, I dig your brand of mirror shades.

To put it another way, there’s an awful lot of truth in the saying ‘If it looks too good to be true….it isn’t.

“…Democrats this week are expected to unveil a sweeping plan to make college more affordable by reducing debt and simplifying financial aid. The Democrats’ plan would also endeavor to boost graduation rates.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/debt-free-college-house-democrats-introduce-higher-education-bill/2018/07/23/4930eec4-8ecd-11e8-8322-b5482bf5e0f5_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6169b179a0c4

Whether the promise is based on how good it is for the country to have a college-educated electorate, or how wonderful for your personal happiness and successes, neither is true.

Here’s another fact of life: there is no such thing as a free lunch….or free college education.

3. It is not an educated electorate that is a benefit for society, it is a moral electorate. Almost every dictator, tyrant, and genocidal leader has been ‘highly educated.’
Free college has two main benefits to the Left: it supports their colleagues/apparatchiks, and it produces Leftist clones.

4. Someone has to pay for that ‘free’ education, but the fact is that there are a number of ways to get a college education without a government loan or handout.

1. Work Study Programs
  2. Work your way through
  4. Night school
  7. Take eight years….ever hear of anyone asking ‘how long did you spend getting the degree?’
  8. Scholarship

5. “It’s 2018 and Americans are more burdened by student loan debt than ever. In fact, the average student loan debt for Class of 2017 graduates was $39,400*, up six percent from the previous year.

… over $1.48 trillion in student loan debt, spread out among about 44 million borrowers. That’s about $620 billion more than the total U.S. credit card debt.” U.S. Student Loan Debt Statistics for 2018 | Student Loan Hero

Here’s the bottom line: the Left wasnt you going to college….and not for your benefit.

Next post.

What next? Attacking free primary and secondary school?

Absolutely, you dunce.

Glenn-McCoy-cartoon-300x169.png

9.”Now, imagine a world in which banks were the sole source of loans for college students. Presumably, they’d ask relevant questions before handing out cash:
prospective major, grade point average, SAT scores, job aspirations.

Loans for 2.9 GPA drama majors who hope one day to work in mime would be difficult to come by. But with government prepared to hand out cash, such considerations go out the window.” Ben Shapiro: The real reason Democrats want free college tuition | Opinion

It is far from the brightest who vote Democrat, and the above is proof of this.
The very same plan, giving home loans for those financially undeserving, was instituted by Democrats when they gave NINJA loans to everyone, ‘cause, you know…..everyone should have a house, just as everyone should have a government financed college education.

The Mortgage Meltdown was the result.

Don’t Democrat voters ever learn?????

1. Work Study Programs
  2. Work your way through
  4. Night school
  8. Scholarship

Next post.

PoliticalChic Stop with the all caps in thread titles

I don't agree with free college for all.

Taxpayers paying for degrees in music, literature, philosophy and similar nonsensical degrees is TOTALLY wrong, IMO. How does this help the nation? The question is rhetorical as the answer is obvious....it does not - not for the cost to taxpayers.

I have a BS in business...and I learned a HECK of a lot more my first four years after university then I learned while in university.

And, obviously, if college was free for all, millions of young Americans would just use college as a dodge, while they figure out what to do with their lives. And I would not blame them one bit. Most people that I went to university with had not a clue what they wanted to do...college was just the logical 'next step'.
Which would you rather do if you were 18? Live at home, work at McDonald's/some crappy job and figure out what you want out of life? Or go away to college (assuming room and board are free), take sound simple major, get a part time job for beer money and have a blast?
I GUARANTEE you millions of Americans (each year) would choose the latter. ALL at taxpayers expense.

The government should offer low interest loans to people who want to go to college. But they should NEVER be forgiven and they should never be allowed to ditch them through bankruptcy.

And I do not even begin to care about some stats about university degrees make countries better. I ain't buying it.

Getting a university degree in a field that requires university education (like a doctor, lawyer, engineer) makes good sense and helps the nation.

Getting degrees in music, literature and other (IMO) useless degrees do nothing substantial for a nation.

Taxpayers paying for degrees in music, literature, philosophy and similar nonsensical degrees is TOTALLY wrong, IMO. How does this help the nation? The question is rhetorical as the answer is obvious....it does not - not for the cost to taxpayers.

I have a BS in business...and I learned a HECK of a lot more my first four years after university then I learned while in university.

And, obviously, if college was free for all, millions of young Americans would just use college as a dodge, while they figure out what to do with their lives. And I would not blame them one bit. Most people that I went to university with had not a clue what they wanted to do...college was just the logical 'next step'.
Which would you rather do if you were 18? Live at home, work at McDonald's/some crappy job and figure out what you want out of life? Or go away to college (assuming room and board are free), take sound simple major, get a part time job for beer money and have a blast?
I GUARANTEE you millions of Americans (each year) would choose the latter. ALL at taxpayers expense.

The government should offer low interest loans to people who want to go to college. But they should NEVER be forgiven and they should never be allowed to ditch them through bankruptcy.

And I do not even begin to care about some stats about university degrees make countries better. I ain't buying it.

Getting a university degree in a field that requires university education (like a doctor, lawyer, engineer) makes good sense and helps the nation.

Getting degrees in music, literature and other (IMO) useless degrees do nothing substantial for a nation.

Damn, that's a pretty good post. For once I agree. Perhaps you're not quite all that liberal.

School seems to prepare folks to take the next class, not so much preparation for getting a job.

1. Work Study Programs
  2. Work your way through
  4. Night school
  8. Scholarship

Next post.

my response:
I consider myself a liberal/progressive on social issues but rather more moderate and conservative on fiscal/military/crime issues.
I believe gays should have the same rights as heteros and I would have incinerated charles manson.
I believe pot should be legal and we need a military strong enough to deter aggressive nations like Iran, Russia and China.
on cost of education:
Free would be nice but AFFORDABLE would be perfectly acceptable!
Unlike the typical conservative who enjoys a dark world of misery, pain and suffering (for everyone ELSE) I believe we could have a world where there was a lot less pain and suffering and a lot more liesure and enjoyment. With minor monetary adjustments this could be achieved. Affordable education is certainly something that would make a lot of peoples lives easier. There are many countries (democracies tinged with social programs) that provide free or affordable education and they are amongst the happiest nations in the world.
The military does it.
Many companies will pay for your education (if you work for them).
we already provide free education up to grade 12.......just go 4 years more....
My question to you: wy do you want to make education so expensive? why do you want people to suffer? do you hate people?

remember ....ann coulter said "we should shoot a few liberals....".....have you done your part yet?

You claimed I post lies....

...yet, still you can't find any.

Guess that makes you the liar.....oh...but you did admit to being a Liberal, so that would be redundant.

I said I was a liberal/progressive on social issues but much more moderate/conservative on fiscal/crime/military issues.......sometimes I feel rather sad that you are........the way you are.......sad.....You are so deranged that you can't see/hear/read or think clearly......

You claimed I post lies....

...yet, still you can't find any.

Now, I've forced you to try to change the subject....

You remind me of nothing so much as Confederate General Wise, chased by Union General Cox, referring to his retreat a 'retrograde movement' of his troops.

Nice retrograde movement, there.

Interesting post.

BUT....the government has no business in offering college loans of any kind.

There are many way to get a degree without those loans.

"And I do not even begin to care about some stats about university degrees make countries better. I ain't buying it."

There's a lot of evidence to back up your point.

1. Work Study Programs
  2. Work your way through
  4. Night school
  8. Scholarship

Next post.
Barack "born in Kenya" Obama is the largest predatory lender in human history

Interesting post.

"And I do not even begin to care about some stats about university degrees make countries better. I ain't buying it."

I think the government should offer low interest loans to the poor (but no one else). Otherwise, they have almost no chance of having access to higher education (I assume you disagree).
But I only think the loans should be for 'useful' degrees like doctors, engineers, etc..
And this would not cost taxpayers much as it would only apply to the poor and all the loans must be eventually paid back (whether from the student or the co-signers for these loans).

We will have to agree to disagree on this point, I guess.

Interesting post.

I think the government should offer low interest loans to the poor (but no one else). Otherwise, they have almost no chance of having access to higher education (I assume you disagree).
But I only think the loans should be for 'useful' degrees like doctors, engineers, etc..
And this would not cost taxpayers much as it would only apply to the poor and all the loans must be eventually paid back (whether from the student or the co-signers for these loans).

"Otherwise, they have almost no chance of having access to higher education (I assume you disagree)."

First off....we'd have to get into a definition of poor.

Then, I'd point out Article 1, section 8 of the law of the land, the Constitution, which lists what the federal government can do.

Then, remind you of this from the OP:

Someone has to pay for that ‘free’ education, but the fact is that there are a number of ways to get a college education without a government loan or handout.

1. Work Study Programs
  2. Work your way through
  4. Night school
  8. Scholarship

A very good friend went to Yale for free, under ROTC....served in Armored Cav.

Interesting post.

"Otherwise, they have almost no chance of having access to higher education (I assume you disagree)."

Then, I'd point out Article 1, section 8 of the law of the land, the Constitution, which lists what the federal government can do.

Someone has to pay for that ‘free’ education, but the fact is that there are a number of ways to get a college education without a government loan or handout.

1. Work Study Programs
  2. Work your way through
  4. Night school
  8. Scholarship

I am not getting into some long do with you on this. NOTHING (that I can possibly think of) will change my mine.

Poor Americans should be able to get low interest loans for post-secondary education from the federal government. It will cost the federal government (under my plan) almost nothing.

You do not agree...so be it.

We are done here...good day.

Interesting post.

1. Work Study Programs
  2. Work your way through
  4. Night school
  8. Scholarship

I am not getting into some long do with you on this. NOTHING (that I can possibly think of) will change my mine.

Poor Americans should be able to get low interest loans for post-secondary education from the federal government. It will cost the federal government (under my plan) almost nothing.

" NOTHING (that I can possibly think of) will change my mine (sic)."

You must be a Liberal, huh?

upload_2018-9-14_17-15-19.jpeg

They want free college so they can deduce brilliant conclusions like this.

10. So….if the Left isn’t pushing college education for the public’s benefit…..whose benefit is it for?

“… there’s another rationale for the Democratic push toward college-funded education:

In April of this year, Mitchell Langbert, associate professor of business management at Brooklyn College, released a study for the National Association of Scholars. It compared the number of Democratic faculty for every Republican in 25 academic fields, with a sample size of over 5,000 professors.

The findings: among engineering professors, there were 1.6 Democrats for every Republican; among chemistry professors, 5.2; economics, 5.5; professional, 5.5; mathematics, 5.6.

Among liberal arts professors, however, the numbers skyrocketed dramatically: 108 Democrats in communications compared with zero Republicans; 56 to 0 in anthropology; 70 to 1 in religion; 48.3 to one in English; 43.8 to one in sociology; 40.3 to one in art.

There is a clear reverse correlation between the market value of a particular major and the number of Democrats teaching in that major.

… Democrats aren’t catering to students nearly as much as they’re catering to a motivated subclass of intellectual elites who are largely dependent on government bucks to keep their majors saturated with cash.”
Ben Shapiro: The real reason Democrats want free college tuition | Opinion

Free college has two main benefits to the Left:
it supports their colleagues/apparatchiks,
and it produces Leftist clones.

Democrats know how to keep the serfs on the plantation.

Interesting post.

1. Work Study Programs
  2. Work your way through
  4. Night school
  8. Scholarship

" NOTHING (that I can possibly think of) will change my mine (sic)."

You must be a Liberal, huh?

View attachment 216534
Yes, he's their leader.

1. Work Study Programs
  2. Work your way through
  4. Night school
  8. Scholarship

Next post.

"Out of the 19,321 borrowers who have submitted loan forgiveness applications only 55 have been approved to date. Those 55 borrowers' forgiven balance totaled almost $3.2 million, which averaged to $58,000 per borrower, although individual loans ranged between $800 to almost $290,000."
99 Percent of Student Loan Forgiveness Program Applicants Were Rejected. Here's Why.

Why do democrats want free college? Because you can't indoctrinate their little asses if you can't get them in the door.

The best educated populace we can manage is in the interest of democracy. If Americans weren't such dumb bunnies they could never get away with a 9/11. Basic physics and chemistry.

Forum List

Back