The reason Trump did what he did at the press conference with Putin

How is he going to get more electoral votes if only his base votes for him?
Many people will simply pull the straight republican lever, regardless. He needs his base in a constant state of agitation, so they do turn out and to maintain the steady stream of applause that he so craves.

Trump cares about his base... OH NO! How could he?

It's ok, try again in 2024.:itsok:
It's Russia that will try again in 2020 and 2024 . All I will do is vote.

It has been explained to me here that the reason Trump's fans are fine with what he did at the press conference with Putin is because they feel our intelligence apparatus is corrupt and treasonous.

Well, holy shit. At least we have an explanation for what Trump did.

It would actually make sense. Trump gets info on his "base" directly from Hannity, who (along with Levin and Limbaugh and the internet) plants this stuff in their heads. Since playing to his base is his top priority, Trump then acts accordingly. He knows his base is convinced that everyone is out to get them, so he says what he needs to say.

That's good to know. I guess.

Assuming facts not in evidence, and again his response was to a loaded question that basically said he won the election BECAUSE of the Russian "meddling"
Trump said what he said. If we can't expect our President to be responsible for his words, particularly when a dangerous adversary is standing right next to him, we're in real trouble.

Let's consider EVERYTHING Trump said about Russian meddling instead of the spin the media and others of the left are putting on it, okay? Even the gutless GOP wonders in Congress have failed to see what was actually said:

. . .“My people came to me — [Director of National Intelligence] Dan Coats came to me and some others. They said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin — he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this, I don’t see any reason why it would be,” Trump said Monday, when asked whether he believed U.S. intelligence officials over Putin and whether he would denounce the Russian interference. . ."

But he also said:

. . .“I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today,” Trump said Monday. “And what he did is an incredible offer — he offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer. . ."​
Both Trump and Putin Just Denied Russian Meddling in the 2016 Election. Here's What They Said

The second part of the comment isn't getting any play in the media, social media, or message boards is it? President Trump throws a lot of red meat to the media, some of it that I really wish he would not do, but more often than not, there is a method to his madness. And if being conciliatory to Putin on this issue nets us an opportunity for our investigators to meet with his, then how is that a bad thing?

And what will it say if our investigators don't take advantage of the opportunity?
He is talking about allowing Putin to interrogate innocent American citizens. What if they are unwilling to participate in the charade?

gingrich_tweet.jpg
Still a pussy response. If ever there were a more glaring example in history of Representatives and their patty handlers putting their own re elections over truth and country, i would like to see it.
Gingrich is not running for office, retard.

Yeah, but Newt and the Cheneys - in fact ALL the Republicans who've denounced the Dotard are ... (wait for it)

DEEP STATE! :)

I am told by two Trump fans that Newt Gingrich is not running for office (really?) and the loyal Trump supporter is a member of deep state (really?).

Incredible, who would have thunk it.

The real problem is, these two fools vote. I'm going on a limb here and saying they voted for Trump.

Sandy Shanks: Smarter than the average orange bear around these parts - Keep posting. :)

It has been explained to me here that the reason Trump's fans are fine with what he did at the press conference with Putin is because they feel our intelligence apparatus is corrupt and treasonous.

It would actually make sense. Trump gets info on his "base" directly from Hannity, who (along with Levin and Limbaugh and the internet) plants this stuff in their heads. Since playing to his base is his top priority, Trump then acts accordingly. He knows his base is convinced that everyone is out to get them, so he says what he needs to say.

Assuming facts not in evidence, and again his response was to a loaded question that basically said he won the election BECAUSE of the Russian "meddling"
Trump said what he said. If we can't expect our President to be responsible for his words, particularly when a dangerous adversary is standing right next to him, we're in real trouble.

Let's consider EVERYTHING Trump said about Russian meddling instead of the spin the media and others of the left are putting on it, okay? Even the gutless GOP wonders in Congress have failed to see what was actually said:

. . .“My people came to me — [Director of National Intelligence] Dan Coats came to me and some others. They said they think it’s Russia. I have President Putin — he just said it’s not Russia. I will say this, I don’t see any reason why it would be,” Trump said Monday, when asked whether he believed U.S. intelligence officials over Putin and whether he would denounce the Russian interference. . ."

But he also said:

. . .“I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today,” Trump said Monday. “And what he did is an incredible offer — he offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 people. I think that’s an incredible offer. . ."​
Both Trump and Putin Just Denied Russian Meddling in the 2016 Election. Here's What They Said

The second part of the comment isn't getting any play in the media, social media, or message boards is it? President Trump throws a lot of red meat to the media, some of it that I really wish he would not do, but more often than not, there is a method to his madness. And if being conciliatory to Putin on this issue nets us an opportunity for our investigators to meet with his, then how is that a bad thing?

And what will it say if our investigators don't take advantage of the opportunity?
He is talking about allowing Putin to interrogate innocent American citizens. What if they are unwilling to participate in the charade?

I certainly haven't seen that in anything I have heard and read. Why do you think this is so?

Feel free to have the FBI turn over every document they have under an FOIA request, and we will see.

You ask for proof you know isn't available, and ignore the actual documented bias by two FBI morons.

If it isn't available then you can't possibly know what you think you know, loser.

Personal opinions are not the same thing as acting officially with bias, dope.

Considering your side does nothing but assume opinions to be fact, your blathering is comical and tired.
That's all you've done.
I take facts as facts. Like the IG finding no biased actions at the FBI.

Yep, one hand washing the other. Nothing better then letting the wolves inspect their own den.
That is the official finding.
Whether you like it or agree with it or not, does not make it wrong.
Follow the standard you expect of others.

Plessey V Furgeson was an "official" supreme court decision.

Next.

And you believed that?

Seriously, there is no separating "they meddled" from "Trump colluded" in the minds of the virulent hate Trump media. If he said they meddled, the headlines would be, "Trump admits he colluded". We are that far down the rabbit trail.

And you believed that?
Well yes, especially after others have confirmed it for me.

Seriously, there is no separating "they meddled" from "Trump colluded" in the minds of the virulent hate Trump media. If he said they meddled, the headlines would be, "Trump admits he colluded". We are that far down the rabbit trail.

via instapundit.

Instapundit » Blog Archive » BYRON YORK: There have always been two parts to the Trump-Russia probe: the what-Russia-did part,…

There have always been two parts to the Trump-Russia probe: the what-Russia-did part, which is the investigation into Russia’s actions during the campaign, and the get-Trump part, which is the effort to use the investigation to remove him from office.

Trump’s problem is that he has always refused, or been unable, to separate the two. One is about national security and international relations, while the other is about Donald Trump.

The president clearly believes if he gives an inch on the what-Russia-did part — if he concedes that Russia made an effort to disrupt the election — his adversaries, who want to discredit his election, undermine him, and force him from office, will take a mile on the get-Trump part. That’s consistent with how Trump approaches other problems; he doesn’t admit anything, because he knows his adversaries will never be satisfied and just demand more.

via instapundit.

Instapundit » Blog Archive » BYRON YORK: There have always been two parts to the Trump-Russia probe: the what-Russia-did part,…

There have always been two parts to the Trump-Russia probe: the what-Russia-did part, which is the investigation into Russia’s actions during the campaign, and the get-Trump part, which is the effort to use the investigation to remove him from office.

Trump’s problem is that he has always refused, or been unable, to separate the two. One is about national security and international relations, while the other is about Donald Trump.

The president clearly believes if he gives an inch on the what-Russia-did part — if he concedes that Russia made an effort to disrupt the election — his adversaries, who want to discredit his election, undermine him, and force him from office, will take a mile on the get-Trump part. That’s consistent with how Trump approaches other problems; he doesn’t admit anything, because he knows his adversaries will never be satisfied and just demand more.

And, given what I see on this board for one example, and what has happened in politics over the last several seasons for another, I believe he is correct.

How many of the anti-Trump faction does anyone actually believe would separate the two?

via instapundit.

And, given what I see on this board for one example, and what has happened in politics over the last several seasons for another, I believe he is correct.

How many of the anti-Trump faction does anyone actually believe would separate the two?

For some posters on this board and for the most progressive democrats, the only goal is to remove Trump, and if possible taint Pence so much that he couldn't effectively take over the WH.

And you believed that?

"Others" being of the same mindset as yourself? IOW, did you hold a conversation with a mirror?

via instapundit.

For some posters on this board and for the most progressive democrats, the only goal is to remove Trump, and if possible taint Pence so much that he couldn't effectively take over the WH.

That is true. The hysteria has reached that point. Does anyone doubt that the anti-Pence posters were prepared within days of the election?

And you believed that?

"Others" being of the same mindset as yourself? IOW, did you hold a conversation with a mirror?
No, I don't generally do that.

One example of such a conversation can be found beginning at post 464 in this thread.

I know that won't be good enough for someone with your mindset, but that's okay. You asked.

Seriously, there is no separating "they meddled" from "Trump colluded" in the minds of the virulent hate Trump media
Which, of course, is 100% Trump's fault, due to his own, bizarre behavior.

Right, sure, whatever you say, yup, got it.
Good, I hope so. the next time you feel like whining like a little baby about a republican requested investigation led by a republican appointed by Republican, now you know why.

Seriously, there is no separating "they meddled" from "Trump colluded" in the minds of the virulent hate Trump media

Good, I hope so. the next time you feel like whining like a little baby about a republican requested investigation led by a republican appointed by Republican, now you know why.

That strangely does nothing to counter the truth of the virulent anti-Trump hate. I mean, it's truly irrational and ludicrous.

That strangely does nothing to counter the truth of the virulent anti-Trump hate. I mean, it's truly irrational and ludicrous.
That's nice.

However, it is indeed a fact that Trump has brought the investigation onto himself and the perceptions that he is a Russian stooge onto himself with his bizarre behavior.

Well, since they are indeed out to get him.....

You denying that?

Find any collusion?

List the actual racist remarks Trump has made. Since he is soooooo racist, it ought to be easy for you.

The LGBTTQQIAAP says Trump is anti gay too. Do you have any list of things that proves that claim? Ought to be easy, since it soooo obvious.

Aren't you the one that acknowledges the identity politics of the left has hijacked your party? Yeah, that was you.

That is what we hear all fucking day, every fucking day. No collusion, no evidence of actual raaaaacism, no anti gay rhetoric and that is what is claimed every fucking day.

Explain to us how he is "playing to his base" through Limbaugh or Hannity.

He is fucking attacked every day and the government (deep state) has proven to be utterly fucking corrupt.

And you are denying that? I cannot fucking tell.

I wish I could give 2 winner ratings for this post.

Forum List

Back