The reason Trump did what he did at the press conference with Putin

It has been explained to me here that the reason Trump's fans are fine with what he did at the press conference with Putin is because they feel our intelligence apparatus is corrupt and treasonous.

Well, holy shit. At least we have an explanation for what Trump did.

It would actually make sense. Trump gets info on his "base" directly from Hannity, who (along with Levin and Limbaugh and the internet) plants this stuff in their heads. Since playing to his base is his top priority, Trump then acts accordingly. He knows his base is convinced that everyone is out to get them, so he says what he needs to say.

That's good to know. I guess.

Really? It had to be explained to you why Trump supporters were fine with what he did? When you pick a party or a person in politics you defend them at every turn. Just as the Dems defended BO and Hellary every time they screwed the pooch.

This is tribalism. It has successfully divided the electorate to extremes. This is a bad practice and purposely avoids critical thought.
:clap::clap::clap:

All people aren't as moronic as you either. Every person has a political opinion.
Feel free to show us who, how, when and what was done with bias.

Feel free to have the FBI turn over every document they have under an FOIA request, and we will see.

You ask for proof you know isn't available, and ignore the actual documented bias by two FBI morons.

If it isn't available then you can't possibly know what you think you know, loser.

Personal opinions are not the same thing as acting officially with bias, dope.

Considering your side does nothing but assume opinions to be fact, your blathering is comical and tired.
That's all you've done.
I take facts as facts. Like the IG finding no biased actions at the FBI.

Yep, one hand washing the other. Nothing better then letting the wolves inspect their own den.
That is the official finding.
Whether you like it or agree with it or not, does not make it wrong.
Follow the standard you expect of others.

It has been explained to me here that the reason Trump's fans are fine with what he did at the press conference with Putin is because they feel our intelligence apparatus is corrupt and treasonous.

It would actually make sense. Trump gets info on his "base" directly from Hannity, who (along with Levin and Limbaugh and the internet) plants this stuff in their heads. Since playing to his base is his top priority, Trump then acts accordingly. He knows his base is convinced that everyone is out to get them, so he says what he needs to say.

Assuming facts not in evidence, and again his response was to a loaded question that basically said he won the election BECAUSE of the Russian "meddling"
Trump said what he said. If we can't expect our President to be responsible for his words, particularly when a dangerous adversary is standing right next to him, we're in real trouble.
"...the great power does not show strength by dominating or demonizing other countries. The days when empires could treat other sovereign states as pieces on a chess board are over..."

"America wants a strong, peaceful and prosperous Russia ..."

"Given our interdependence, any world order that tries to elevate one value or people over another will inevitably fail."

LOL. Yep, Barry turned the screws on them. This was from the Obama Reset tour.

No one is "having trouble with it", no one from across the political spectrum.

He threw our national intelligence apparatus under the bus in favor of Putin.

You can pretend he didn't, I expect that, but I assure you no one is having trouble seeing what he did.

To hell with our "national intelligence apparatus". They spy on us, they fabricate evidence to justify foreign wars and they take advantage of American patriotism to trick citizens into supporting their permanent war agenda. Whenever they get caught doing wrong, they refuse to answer questions because of "national security concerns". They interfere in other countries' politics even going as far as to fund military coups or assassinations. But now we're supposed to put them up on a pedestal and worship their proclamations as if it's the word of almighty God.

To hell with our "national intelligence apparatus". They spy on us, they fabricate evidence to justify foreign wars and they take advantage of American patriotism to trick citizens into supporting their permanent war agenda. Whenever they get caught doing wrong, they refuse to answer questions because of "national security concerns". They interfere in other countries' politics even going as far as to fund military coups or assassinations. But now we're supposed to put them up on a pedestal and worship their proclamations as if it's the word of almighty God.
The least we could do is put them above Vladimir Putin.

Or is that asking too much?

With these yahoos? You already know the answer to that one...

Well considering that most of the horror stories about Putin comes right from the mouths of our intelligence agencies who have done the same sorts of things they accuse him of...

Well considering that most of the horror stories about Putin comes right from the mouths of our intelligence agencies who have done the same sorts of things they accuse him of...
Wow.

Okay, thanks.

Wow.

Okay, thanks.

Give me one good reason why I should believe anything a massively bloated government agency has to say? One that's been proven to fabricate, distort and outright lie in order to further their secretive agendas?

Wow.

Okay, thanks.

Give me one good reason why I should believe anything a massively bloated government agency has to say? One that's been proven to fabricate, distort and outright lie in order to further their secretive agendas?
I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I appreciate your honesty.

Wow.

Okay, thanks.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I appreciate your honesty.

Considering the source, I take a lot of the Putin horror stories with a massive grain of salt. The MSM gobbles that shit down and never asks any hard questions even though that's supposed to be their job which only lends credence to the idea that the western media is nothing but state propaganda.

For instance, remember when that Russian defector or whatever was assassinated in london by some kind of radioactive substance which apparently has Russian fingerprints all over it? If they wanted him dead, why would they use that particular method? In a city with an extremely high rate of stabbings, why not stab him to death? It seems awfully contrived... Plus the chemical attack in Syria. Why would Assad do that when he is already on the verge of victory? Days after Trump signals reluctance to get involved in the civil war, he gasses his own people?

But the MSM doesn't even question the logic of either of these two instances. Anyone who does gets blacklisted as a conspiracy theorist.

DiWxLiBXkAEc1Pt.jpg

His base is only 30% of the nation at best.

He's supposed to represent and work for ALL Americans.
The only goal is to keep the base fired up, make sure they vote, and get more electoral votes than the other person.

This isn't about working for all Americans.

How is he going to get more electoral votes if only his base votes for him?

It's the base that usually shows up for primaries so it's his base that gets him nominated.

Not elected.

It's people like me, Independents, who both parties need to win an election.

Right now trump is sending me and everyone I know running in horror from the republican party.

The only goal is to keep the base fired up, make sure they vote, and get more electoral votes than the other person.

It's the base that usually shows up for primaries so it's his base that gets him nominated.

Not elected.

Right now trump is sending me and everyone I know running in horror from the republican party.
My guess is they think that (a) he won't lose anyone who voted for him and (b) he'll gain votes due to the economy.

As wrong as I was in 2016, I'm not making predictions. But I agree, I don't see it.

When you pick a party or a person in politics you defend them at every turn.
Well, I'm glad you admit it, I wish more people would.

I don't belong to a tribe, for this very reason more than any other. It's intellectually dishonest in the extreme, and it creates a party-over-country mentality.

I agree it forces one to compromise intellectually, but for me, I just don’t want to be associated with those bastards. Since dropping my GOP affiliation it has become much easier to recognize the bullshit. Probably because I am never forced to defend it.

Not elected.

My guess is they think that (a) he won't lose anyone who voted for him and (b) he'll gain votes due to the economy.

As wrong as I was in 2016, I'm not making predictions. But I agree, I don't see it.

I agree. I don't make predictions either. They're pointless.

I don't expect many if any people who voted for him in 2016 to vote against him.

What I do hope is that those who didn't vote in 2016 and new voters will not vote for him and hopefully that will be enough to prevent him from another term.

Still a pussy response. If ever there were a more glaring example in history of Representatives and their patty handlers putting their own re elections over truth and country, i would like to see it.
Gingrich is not running for office, retard.

Yeah, but Newt and the Cheneys - in fact ALL the Republicans who've denounced the Dotard are ... (wait for it)

DEEP STATE! :)

I am told by two Trump fans that Newt Gingrich is not running for office (really?) and the loyal Trump supporter is a member of deep state (really?).

Incredible, who would have thunk it.

The real problem is, these two fools vote. I'm going on a limb here and saying they voted for Trump.

Many people will simply pull the straight republican lever, regardless. He needs his base in a constant state of agitation, so they do turn out and to maintain the steady stream of applause that he so craves.

Many people will simply pull the straight republican lever, regardless. He needs his base in a constant state of agitation, so they do turn out and to maintain the steady stream of applause that he so craves.

Trump cares about his base... OH NO! How could he?

It's ok, try again in 2024.:itsok:

Forum List

Back