The Red State War On Gay Marriage

So why can gays not get married now, in all 57 states, plus Alaska, Hawaii and 2 others? Nothing is preventing them from having marriage ceremonies.

They are getting married. They are also being shunned and pushed out of society by those who find it easier to hate their neighbor than love them.

The government has no right to perpetuate this discrimination and has an obligation to protect them from discriminatory treatment.

So if they're getting married, what's the big deal?
Can you show widespread shunning and pushing out of society? No, you cannot. There is no discrimination. It is a myth.

Their marriage is not recognized by the government which is a mistake being made by the government that people are trying to fix.

Society has improved in how they relate to gay people but this message board alone is a fine demonstration of the hate people have for homosexuals. I could relay personal stories I have heard but there is nothing that I could say that would convince you of reality if you have not realized it on your own.

So why can gays not get married now, in all 57 states, plus Alaska, Hawaii and 2 others? Nothing is preventing them from having marriage ceremonies.

They are getting married. They are also being shunned and pushed out of society by those who find it easier to hate their neighbor than love them.

The government has no right to perpetuate this discrimination and has an obligation to protect them from discriminatory treatment.

wow are you for real?

Are you?

Can you show widespread shunning and pushing out of society? No, you cannot. There is no discrimination. It is a myth.

Their marriage is not recognized by the government which is a mistake being made by the government that people are trying to fix.

Society has improved in how they relate to gay people but this message board alone is a fine demonstration of the hate people have for homosexuals. I could relay personal stories I have heard but there is nothing that I could say that would convince you of reality if you have not realized it on your own.
SO marriages need to be recognized by the gov't?
Relationships are a two way street. This is the 21st century. Really no one cares you're gay. But no one wants to hear about it either. There's the problem.

Relationships are a two way street. This is the 21st century. Really no one cares you're gay. But no one wants to hear about it either. There's the problem.

At least you admit you just want to stick your head in the sand and ignore reality. I know it is hard for you to face reality but maybe one day you will be mature enough to do so.

At least you admit you just want to stick your head in the sand and ignore reality. I know it is hard for you to face reality but maybe one day you will be mature enough to do so.

Cop out bullshit response noted.

I am straight and wanted my marriage to be recognized by the government. What gives me the right to deny a gay married couple that option?

I ignored your stupid question because it was stupid. Your follow up was an admission of your real problem which is that you just don't like reality and wish you didn't have to witness it. Fine, go put your head in the sand. Just get out of the way.

I am straight and wanted my marriage to be recognized by the government. What gives me the right to deny a gay married couple that option?

I ignored your stupid question because it was stupid. Your follow up was an admission of your real problem which is that you just don't like reality and wish you didn't have to witness it. Fine, go put your head in the sand. Just get out of the way.

Would you be less married if the gov't did not recognize your marriage?
You're not denying anything to anyone. That is a con and you fell for it. Maybe because you're not very bright.

Losing the freedom of press from places like Msnbc wouldn't bother me in the least

I hope that's who the FCC goes after FIRST

This is a very sad statement. All because you dont like the left. You should loose your right to vote for being this stupid.

Then strike down ANY and ALL public accomodation laws, except for governmental services and nessasary services then we are all good.

And yet nobody anywhere is doing that...just for the icky gays.

Fill the pool, so the black kids can't swim. Do it already.

Look at seabitch, getting all racist and shit.

That's what the white people did to the public pools when they were desegregated, filled them in.

There was no big push against Public Accommodation laws...until the gay kids were allowed to swim.

Inconvenient truth. I understand why pointing it out enrages you though.

And yet nobody anywhere is doing that...just for the icky gays.

Fill the pool, so the black kids can't swim. Do it already.

That's what the white people did to the public pools when they were desegregated, filled them in.

There was no big push against Public Accommodation laws...until the gay kids were allowed to swim.

Then those people we assholes, and notice the term "Public Pools." Which since they are probably run by the local governments, (even if contracted out) would have to be considered color blind, and thus cannot discriminate.

There was no push against accommodation laws until they gay kids decided to sue people who didn't want to bake for them. Black people are smart enough to realize that as long as they can use the same bus seats, sit in the restaurant, use the same hotels they are OK with it. They don't go out and find some KKK baker and force them to cater their weddings.

Then those people we assholes, and notice the term "Public Pools." Which since they are probably run by the local governments, (even if contracted out) would have to be considered color blind, and thus cannot discriminate.

There was no push against accommodation laws until they gay kids decided to sue people who didn't want to bake for them. Black people are smart enough to realize that as long as they can use the same bus seats, sit in the restaurant, use the same hotels they are OK with it. They don't go out and find some KKK baker and force them to cater their weddings.

Until they can refuse to bake a cake for an interracial couple, they shouldn't be able to deny me service.

Nobody is going to have the balls to get rid of public accommodation laws, they just want to carve out bullshit special rules for "the gheys".

Would you be less married if the gov't did not recognize your marriage?
You're not denying anything to anyone. That is a con and you fell for it. Maybe because you're not very bright.

Marriage is a legal contract so yes I would be less married with regards to the law.

I know I am not denying anything to anyone.

Until they can refuse to bake a cake for an interracial couple, they shouldn't be able to deny me service.

Nobody is going to have the balls to get rid of public accommodation laws, they just want to carve out bullshit special rules for "the gheys".

There is no scriptural tenets against inter-racial marriage, there is scriptural tenets against homosexual acts.

Since when did 'Gay' become a race?

There is no scriptural tenets against inter-racial marriage, there is scriptural tenets against homosexual acts.

Then how on earth did all those bigots of yore manage to use the bible to justify anti miscegenation laws?

"Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix" ~ Judge Leon Brazile 1959 anti-miscegenation ruling.

"...moral or social equality between the different races...does not in fact exist, and never can. The God of nature made it otherwise, and no human law can produce it, and no human tribunal can enforce it. There are gradations and classes throughout the universe. From the tallest archangel in Heaven, down to the meanest reptile on earth, moral and social inequalities exist, and must continue to exist throughout all eternity." ~ 1869 Georgia Supreme Court Ruling

And how about this gem from Bob Jones University?

God has separated people for His own purpose. He has erected barriers between the nations, not only land and sea barriers, but also ethnic, cultural, and language barriers. God has made people different one from another and intends those differences to remain.. Bob Jones University is opposed to intermarriage of the races because it breaks down the barriers God has established. It mixes that which God separated and intends to keep separate. Every effort in world history to bring the world together has demonstrated man’s self-reliance and his unwillingness to remain as God ordains. The attempts at one-worldism have been to devise a system without God and have fostered the promotion of a unity designed to give the world strength so that God is not needed and can be overthrown.

Although there is no verse in the Bible that dogmatically says that races should not intermarry, the whole plan of God as He has dealt with the races down through the ages indicates that interracial marriage is not best for man. We do believe we see principles, not specific verses, to give us direction for the avoidance of it.

The people who built the Tower of Babel were seeking a man-glorifying unity which God has not ordained (Gen. 11:4-6). Much of the agitation for intermarriage among the races today is for the same reason. It is promoted by one-worlders, and we oppose it for the same reason that we oppose religious ecumenism, globalism, one-world economy, one-world police force, unisex, etc. When Jesus Christ returns to the earth, He will establish world unity, but until then, a divided earth seems to be His plan.​

“Let them marry to whom they think best; only to the family of the tribe of their father shall they marry.” Num. 36:6.

“Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following Me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.” Deut. 7:3,4.

Then how on earth did all those bigots of yore manage to use the bible to justify anti miscegenation laws?

"Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix" ~ Judge Leon Brazile 1959 anti-miscegenation ruling.

"...moral or social equality between the different races...does not in fact exist, and never can. The God of nature made it otherwise, and no human law can produce it, and no human tribunal can enforce it. There are gradations and classes throughout the universe. From the tallest archangel in Heaven, down to the meanest reptile on earth, moral and social inequalities exist, and must continue to exist throughout all eternity." ~ 1869 Georgia Supreme Court Ruling

God has separated people for His own purpose. He has erected barriers between the nations, not only land and sea barriers, but also ethnic, cultural, and language barriers. God has made people different one from another and intends those differences to remain.. Bob Jones University is opposed to intermarriage of the races because it breaks down the barriers God has established. It mixes that which God separated and intends to keep separate. Every effort in world history to bring the world together has demonstrated man’s self-reliance and his unwillingness to remain as God ordains. The attempts at one-worldism have been to devise a system without God and have fostered the promotion of a unity designed to give the world strength so that God is not needed and can be overthrown.

Although there is no verse in the Bible that dogmatically says that races should not intermarry, the whole plan of God as He has dealt with the races down through the ages indicates that interracial marriage is not best for man. We do believe we see principles, not specific verses, to give us direction for the avoidance of it.

The people who built the Tower of Babel were seeking a man-glorifying unity which God has not ordained (Gen. 11:4-6). Much of the agitation for intermarriage among the races today is for the same reason. It is promoted by one-worlders, and we oppose it for the same reason that we oppose religious ecumenism, globalism, one-world economy, one-world police force, unisex, etc. When Jesus Christ returns to the earth, He will establish world unity, but until then, a divided earth seems to be His plan.​

“Let them marry to whom they think best; only to the family of the tribe of their father shall they marry.” Num. 36:6.

“Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following Me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.” Deut. 7:3,4.

Using scripture to justify racism was probably one of the dumbest things ever done, and it was done by southerners in response to the religious based abolitionism coming from New England. The Southerners saw themselves as pious folks, and obviously being called sinners rankled them. Thus they went out of their way to find reasons why racism and slavery were not only OK, but were part of the natural order.

There is no scriptural basis for racism. There is however plenty of scriptural basis to consider homosexual acts sinful.

Using scripture to justify racism was probably one of the dumbest things ever done, and it was done by southerners in response to the religious based abolitionism coming from New England. The Southerners saw themselves as pious folks, and obviously being called sinners rankled them. Thus they went out of their way to find reasons why racism and slavery were not only OK, but were part of the natural order.

There is no scriptural basis for racism. There is however plenty of scriptural basis to consider homosexual acts sinful.

Um there is, I just pointed the scripture and how it was used, even in judicial rulings.

Yeah, those guys that used the bible to justify slavery, segregation and anti miscegenation...they were bigots, but not the folk that use the bible to justify their anti gay bigotry...nah, they're "righteous".

Sorry, but there's no difference between the bigots against interracial marriage and the bigots opposed to marriage equality for gays. Only the signs have changed.

6a00d83451b4ba69e20168eb72ac61970c-580wi

Forum List

Back