The Regressive Left and Islam -- What is happening here?

I'll bet you could drag all the Regressive Lefties in there and, between them, they wouldn't be able to come up with one (1) example of them attacking Christianity for its misdeeds.

:spinner:

Fascinating stuff.

I think this is my favorite:

I never have to name names. I just mention the "Regressive Left", and the same posters jump in to deny and deflect and attack.

But they'll also claim that there's no such thing as the "Regressive Left".

You cannot make this shit up.

I think this is my favorite:

I never have to name names. I just mention the "Regressive Left", and the same posters jump in to deny and deflect and attack.

But they'll also claim that there's no such thing as the "Regressive Left".

You cannot make this shit up.
And just what, by chance, is a Regressive Leftist?

Tell us their main traits so we'll know how to spot their devious efforts?

^ mac and tilly sitting in a tree, chattering nonsense all.day.long...........
Profound.
And you expect people to engage in debate with you? Lol.

What I find interesting is how few of these people actually debate. They simply engage in a series of declarative statements devoid of any actual content or reason. Not all of them are doing this as some are at least TRYING to debate, but theNYC,RAVI, Vallerie, and Larryelders are simply bombing the thread with one-liners devoid of intelligence.

This "We don't need no ejucation" portion of the left is a great part of the problem, here.

re·gres·sive
rəˈɡresiv/
adjective
adjective: regressive
becoming less advanced; returning to a former or less developed state.
"the regressive, infantile wish for the perfect parent of early childhood"

left·ist
ˈleftəst/
noun
noun: leftist; plural noun: leftists; adjective: leftist
  1. 1.
    a person who supports the political views or policies of the left.
adjective
adjective: leftist
  1. 1.
    supportive of the political views or policies of the left.
    "leftist radicals"

I think it is cute when the uneducated use the term "rwnj" to describe people who support the views of liberals like Sam Harris and Bill Maher. What's next in this little Orwellian world of the uneducated -- calling somebody who supports the work of George Will a Communist?
The shallow, simplistic, binary thinking of hardcore partisan ideologues.

If you're not a LWNJ, you must be a RWNJ. And vice versa.

But I am convinced they don't even see it.
I think some of them see it, and it might even make them vaguely uncomfortable. For example, when they find themselves making excuses for aspects of Islam that go against the very principles of universal human rights and women's rights they are supposed to champion.
However, remain in lockstep they must, so they can't/won't back down and therefore find themselves having to employ false equivalances and reductio ad absurdums galore, to both safe face, and to insinuate those in opposition are bigots, racists and islamophobes, who therefore they have an alterior motive, whos word is dirt, and who are (hopefully), discredited.
I suspect some wouldn't behave like this in RL if faced with someone attempting to discuss where Islam and women's rights, for example, diverge, at least I hope so. In fact, we have an example in this thread where coyote is amicable and even in agreement with flacc, but virulently disagrees and mock funnies other posters when they express exactly the same concerns. Go figure.

I see you noticed the same thing I noticed.

I have Coyote following me around to harass, troll and and mock me by using the "funny" button to indicate her support for all things Islamic. If I mention that Jews have the right to life without being terrorized, it's funny. If I oppose the Islamist objective, it's funny. If I don't support rape as an instrument of Jihad, it's funny.

When people become so wrapped up in their zealotry as to resort to this behavior, it doesn't say much about them.

Yes, people are different face to face than they are in person. The internet strips away much of our humanity. Of course, it strips away more for some than it does others.
Yes, I've noticed :wink_2:. When you see posters agreeing when either a mod or 'ally' expresses the same concerns they usually ridicule and virulently disagree with when others express them, well, it's dishonest, hypocritical and cowardly, IMHO.

I'll bet you could drag all the Regressive Lefties in there and, between them, they wouldn't be able to come up with one (1) example of them attacking Christianity for its misdeeds.

:spinner:

Fascinating stuff.

or supporting terrorism despite the fact that NYC did just that right here in this thread.

re·gres·sive
rəˈɡresiv/
adjective

You nailed it!

THanks!!!!

^ mac and tilly sitting in a tree, chattering nonsense all.day.long...........
Profound. And you expect people to engage in debate with you? Lol.
The Regressive Lefties aren't serious posters. They can't be.
It's all about deflecting and attempts at point scoring and ridiculing. Hardly surprising really, given the absurd positions they find themselves in with all the contortionism they have to engage in to maintain their liberal pretentions :)

re·gres·sive
rəˈɡresiv/
adjective

left·ist
ˈleftəst/
noun
noun: leftist; plural noun: leftists; adjective: leftist
  1. 1.
    a person who supports the political views or policies of the left.
adjective
adjective: leftist
  1. 1.
    supportive of the political views or policies of the left.
    "leftist radicals"
Another one who needs an education.

Here's a group of HONEST lefties to explain the term to you. Again:

reminds me of that political "chic" - OPs always avoiding their own non-point while claiming victory.

why are you avoiding posting an example of the political left doing what you claim?

hint: random opinions on political forums are not actual public policy proposals.

reminds me of that political "chic" - OPs always avoiding their own non-point while claiming victory.

why are you avoiding posting an example of the political left doing what you claim?

hint: opinions on political forums are not actual public policy proposals.
I have provided DOZENS of examples. Somehow you "didn't see" them, liar.

The videos of HONEST liberals I have posted have ALSO provided examples.

Good gawd, you just don't stop lying.

What is wrong with you?

I've never seen anything like this.

They've gone completely off the rails, constantly lying, non-stop.

This thread made them loopy!

The best way to bring about religious freedom in Saudi Arabia is as yet undiscovered. However, I can say with certainty that ending religious freedom in London or here.....is NOT going to accomplish that goal.

Ya dumb shit.
True.

It will get lots of us dead.

Which is why you-and-yours are being pushed back onto the sidelines again, this year.

Pushed where? Again?

Kondor is correct. This purposeful AVOIDANCE of the Radical Jihadist threat has ALREADY gotten too many people killed. We've already told you how this Admin is FRANTICALLY trying to avoid a "christian muslim" war by demanding the term "radical Islamic terrorists" not BE USED. By calling ISIS "the JV team" to RATIONALIZE his lack of outrage and reaction. By insisting that ISIS poses no existential to the US. By RE-injecting us into Iraq, Libya, Syria, NOW the Sinai and other theatres of Muslim carnage way too late. By forcing a fictional tale about the Ft Hood shootings being a "workplace violence" issue.. Need me to go on??

And a Vice Prez who recently lectured college grads to get USED TO a borderless world in an attempt to take a whack at Trump's equally despicable suggestions. Seems WE don't anyone speaking common and reason on the issue.

No leadership AT ALL on this issue. Just deflection, dithering or demagoguery.. You partisans need to clear the decks.

Forum List

Back