The republican party needs to drop opposition and accept this by 2014

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
1. Science. We need to support scientific advancement as it made the world around us possible today. Let's support the noaa, nws, nasa, private space programs, economic green renewable energy and research should be funded. We're fallings against the rest of the first world...Reality is dictated by the playing of the rest of the world within a global economy.

2. We need to hand the homosexual issue to the states. Drop the federal defense of marriage. Let the states choose what they want...

3. Support infrastructure...Yes, stop building other countries up and let's start building our nation for once. The republican party should support upgrading our bridges, tunnels and roads...Our energy infrastructure should also be upgraded. We could fight for nuclear and hydro to be the center piece of our nations energy infrastructure. ;) Certainly, we shouldn't be against renewable energy as long as it is economic.

We don't need to oppose the democrats on every issue. :)

4. Let's be the party of choice within SSI and education!!! Allow people to have the government choice or a private choice. The democrats will want everyone to be limited to the government choice, but we could come out offering choices to the American people. People like choices.:eusa_shhh: Explain that the democrats want to limit you.

5. We should end the war on drugs!!!

Last edited:
6. The republican party should support total enforcement of our borders. We should be totally against globalism.

7. We should demand fair trade that favors America.

Wrong on No. 2…

There is no ‘homosexual issue.’

Indeed, one of the biggest problems for the GOP is making homosexuality and same-sex marriage an ‘issue’ to begin with.

Otherwise, the 14th Amendment requires the states to allow all persons within the states equal protection of the laws, including marriage law.

Republicans and conservatives also need to understand that the majority doesn’t determine who will and who will not have his civil liberties, one does not forfeit his civil liberties as a consequence of his state of residence. The states do not have the ‘right’ to deny citizens their inalienable personal liberty.

The homosexuals are winning...It's really not a issue that the republicans should fight.

I feel that the party needs to become pro-science and infrastructure.

Pro science
Pro invention
Pro infrastructure
Pro education with a lot more choices.

The democrats can have their rigid government only approach.

Last edited:
Another part of the focus Republicans should accept is a focus towards a government and private partnership for Science, technology, infrastructure and education.

Am I saying big government? No! In fact I believe that we should cut red tape and idiocy throughout the system. This will allow us (Obama's space program ideas, hint, hint) to use the private sector for some of these areas to be a large part of the heavy lifting. This will allow us to cut cost and the scope of the government while increasing our ability to compete.

Last edited:
lol

Government uses private businesses to build infrastructure. We should accept that we as a nation need some government....

We should fight like hell to make sure it is mostly private doing the heavy lifting.

lol

Government uses private businesses to build infrastructure. We should accept that we as a nation need some government....

Explain the purpose of the Government using a private business to build in infrastructure?

We should fight like hell to make sure it is mostly private doing the heavy lifting.

It's only private doing the lifting. The public sector has no problem adding more weight, on the other hand.

1. I like science, but science does not fix this economy. Science doesn't pay down the deficit.

2. I have no comment on the issue of homosexuality.

3. What good is spending on infrastructure when we can't even pay our own bills, Matt? Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

4. We need to cut spending before we continue spending. The lack of a quality education is due to our state and local school districts having to cut back on their spending. At any rate, I'm a big supporter of charter schools.

5. I agree!

I know its a broken record of sorts, but you have to understand that before we can support any of these things, we need to take care of our the clear and imminent danger to all of these things (with the exception of #5).

Last edited:
lol

Explain the purpose of the Government using a private business to build in infrastructure?

It's only private doing the lifting. The public sector has no problem adding more weight, on the other hand.

Well,

We pay taxes to government to pay private companies to pave our roads, build our bridges and to pay our police. I think we as a society are better off accepting some government for theses area's.

Do you really trust private alone to dictate the cost to the society? A real loser within a election. As most people want government to hold power over electricy, roads, etc.

Last edited:
Infrastructure is good if you've finished your projects and it increases the productivity of the nation.

Until then, the United States is a broke loser living off the charity of the rest of the world.

3. Support infrastructure...Yes, stop building other countries up and let's start building our nation for once. The republican party should support upgrading our bridges, tunnels and roads...Our energy infrastructure should also be upgraded. We could fight for nuclear and hydro to be the center piece of our nations energy infrastructure. ;) Certainly, we shouldn't be against renewable energy as long as it is economic.

This would be fine, except there is the concern about where the money goes. $800 billion "stimulus" bill for infrastructure. Where'd it all go?

Infrastructure is good if you've finished your projects and it increases the productivity of the nation.

Until then, the United States is a broke loser living off the charity of the rest of the world.

Mine more natural resources and invest within society to increase productivity.

This would be fine, except there is the concern about where the money goes. $800 billion "stimulus" bill for infrastructure. Where'd it all go?

That's the $800,000,000,000 questions. I think Obama blown it on something stupid.:eusa_eh:

lol

Well,

We pay taxes to government to pay private companies to pave our roads, build our bridges and to pay our police.

Why?

I think we as a society are better off accepting some government for theses area's.

I disagree.

Do you really trust private alone to dictate the cost to the society?

No one dictates any cost in society. That's the point.

A real loser within a election. As most people want government to hold power over electricy, roads, etc.

Most people want alot of things which are ineffective. The entire electorate has been reduced to a teacher handing over the class to the students and the students decide whatever reckless plans they want to do for the day.

But I guess no matter what damaging things society decides to do to itself, as long as Democracy took place I guess it's okay.

Mine more natural resources and invest within society to increase productivity.

Singapore invests. They have a Sovereign wealth fund. America does not. It's broke. It can only subsidise losing companies and distorts market signals in the economy, ultimately creating false demand in the economy.

Wrong on No. 2…

Indeed, one of the biggest problems for the GOP is making homosexuality and same-sex marriage an ‘issue’ to begin with.

Otherwise, the 14th Amendment requires the states to allow all persons within the states equal protection of the laws, including marriage law.

Republicans and conservatives also need to understand that the majority doesn’t determine who will and who will not have his civil liberties, one does not forfeit his civil liberties as a consequence of his state of residence. The states do not have the ‘right’ to deny citizens their inalienable personal liberty.

Why do you keep peddling that lie? The 14th Amendment has nothing to do with gay marriage. Nothing at all.

Wrong on No. 2…

Why do you keep peddling that lie? The 14th Amendment has nothing to do with gay marriage. Nothing at all.

It doesn't. But government shouldn't be in the business of licensing marriage anyway.

Well,

We pay taxes to government to pay private companies to pave our roads, build our bridges and to pay our police.

Why?

I disagree.

Do you really trust private alone to dictate the cost to the society?

No one dictates any cost in society. That's the point.

A real loser within a election. As most people want government to hold power over electricy, roads, etc.

Most people want alot of things which are ineffective. The entire electorate has been reduced to a teacher handing over the class to the students and the students decide whatever reckless plans they want to do for the day.

But I guess no matter what damaging things society decides to do to itself, as long as Democracy took place I guess it's okay.

1. Why? Most of the electorate seems to want the local governments to use there tax dollars to do that. We're not going to be winning election without a majority.

2. A large part of this electorate wouldn't want a purely free market economy for the sewer, roads and police. It would cost far more for the first two...:eek:

3. We do live in a democracy and that's my point. It maybe quite possibly stupid but we must play the game within a way we can win.

We certainly could run on a purely private economy ticket but we wouldn't win elections. We must accept some of this.

Last edited:
1. Why? Most of the electorate seems to want the local governments to use there tax dollars to do that. We're not going to be winning election without a majority.

No. Why does the Government need to seek the help of a private business to create roads and bridges? Why can't the private sector employee the private contractors directly?

2. A large part of that electorate wouldn't want a purely free market economy for the sewer, roads and police. It would cost far more for the first two...:eek:

How would it cost more?

3. We do live in a democracy and that's my point. It maybe stupid but we must play the game within a way we can win.

I long for the days when the states had their own restrictions on voting.

We certainly could run on a purely private ran economy ticket but we wouldn't win elections. We must accept some of this.

There is where Democracy really begins to blow. Every year, most of our choices are boiled down to choosing Republicans or Democrats. Most people aren't happen with either one of those choices. Republicans are not winning elections by pretending to be just like Democrats. People need a distinctive choice and the right one isn't Central Planning.

You can continue to let Central Planning destroy the economy, which would probably be better. As I've learned failure is a very good teacher.

Forum List

Back